A diary of a slimming world consultant

When I spoke to my C earlier, she said "welcome to my world! Within a few weeks, you'll be wondering what the hell you've let yourself in for!"
Lol I like hard work and I'm looking forward to it :D

I know someone who wants to be a consultant.She works full time and before she starts the ball rolling what she would like to know is do you fill out a tax form every year or do Slimming World take care of that.She is worried that if you don't make much money then it won't be worth all the hours you have to put into it after the tax man gets his share.:)

You are responsible for your own tax and national insurance. You have to register for self assessment with HMRC as you are self employed.

I have only been doing this for 5 weeks and work in employed work for 3 full days a week as well. I'm not sure how it all works but know I can offset a lot of my expenses against any earnings which will reduce any tax I have to pay.

I hope that helps!

I dont think you need to worry about paying much tax unless you are fortunate enough to inherit a large group from a previous consultant. There are so many things that you can write off any profits that any tax will be minimal.
Unless you get at least 50 paying members per week, as you can see from the many previous posts on here, you will not be making very much money at all.
Do not take a consultant job for financial rewards!!!!

Hannah, have you heard yet? Fingers crossed for good news x

Still nothing! :-( I've just text my DM. I'll be gutted if I don't get it, considering my DM was the one who encouraged me to go for it and said this job was made for me! x

Hello all! Very pleased to say that I got the job!!! I'm now part of the team!! I got a call about 5.30! Very relieved! So happy! x

Hello all! Very pleased to say that I got the job!!! I'm now part of the team!! I got a call about 5.30! Very relieved! So happy! x

Yay, well done Hannah make the most of the next few weeks because this is the calm before the SW whirlwind lol, congratulations x

Yay, well done Hannah make the most of the next few weeks because this is the calm before the SW whirlwind lol, congratulations x

Thank you!! Yes I'm definitely going to make the most of the quietness!!

My DM has suggested that I go to some of the Gold groups in the area. So I'll be doing that next week! To get some ideas.

Another good thing is that because I'll be promoting for an existing group and members that join in the 2 weeks that I'm promoting will go towards my new 25 members. So that's really good!

Very relieved to finally find out!! x

Congratulations Hannah, I look forward to training with you :D x

Back