A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hello all , hope you also don't mind me gate crashing , I had my interview yesterday and was told that I would make a great consultant just now my application is subject to credit scoring , I suppose that bit worries me , I'm on the electoral roll and have a credit card and bank account so not sure why I'm panicking .... How long does it take for a letter of confirmation from head office ???? I know that there aren't any positions available in Stevenage at the moment and was told I would just be waiting till one becomes available which is fine as I'm in no hurry ..... Just want that letter with a yay or nay lol xxxx

Not sure how long. I was told on thursday would take a few daya for credit check and I would hear this week. At least you were told youd make a great consultant lol they just asked me before I left did I have the money in place if I was successful .

Not sure how long. I was told on thursday would take a few daya for credit check and I would hear this week. At least you were told youd make a great consultant lol they just asked me before I left did I have the money in place if I was successful .

I would just drop the lady a text asking if there was any news. I found out within 2 days, I would definitely chase it up.

Rosie, I am so sorry to hear you giving it up, but can totally understand your reasons why. You gave it a damn good go and thanks to your wonderful thread you have inspired a lot of us to give it a try.
I wish you all the best for everything you do in the future

Laura xxxx

ps. love the profile pic - much better!

Thanks for your positivity guys, district manager and td were so supportive but said they were gutted to lose me. It's just not the right path for me right now, I just got over depression I can't deal with other peoples problems in group at the mo :-( I wanna hear how your all getting on I hope you get hundreds of people flocking through the door!

My interview went ok, there are a few niggles that have to be worked out but on the whole i think it went fine.
I only work 30 hours a week so im hoping to fit a group in after work and work from there.
Linda, hope your interview went ok too, roll on Friday when we should know one way or the other :)

Hi Carol,

I thought my interview went well, I was so nervous going in, but once I started chatting I couldn't shut up!! They didn't really give anything away, so I'm hoping I came across in the right way.

Good luck, I know that Thursday & Friday are going to go so slowly!!

Laura xxx

Thanks for your positivity guys, district manager and td were so supportive but said they were gutted to lose me. It's just not the right path for me right now, I just got over depression I can't deal with other peoples problems in group at the mo :-( I wanna hear how your all getting on I hope you get hundreds of people flocking through the door!

Bless you - definately the right decision to make. I'm glad they were nice about it xxxxx

Just got my call, after them trying to get hold of me for an hour lol
I am now a Slimming World Consultant. :party0049:
Now the hard work starts :eek:

Linda, keep your phone near, you may get your call today too :cross:

congratulations

Fantastic!!! Congratulations! When is your training? x

Thanks guys, really buzzing at the moment :D
Pre Training is on the 24th March. Then up to Derby on the 12th & 13th April.

Lots to sort out before then, havent even got a car yet lol

Thanks guys, really buzzing at the moment :D
Pre Training is on the 24th March. Then up to Derby on the 12th & 13th April.

Lots to sort out before then, havent even got a car yet lol

If I get mine my training will be 12th and 13h as well.

Doelani, fingers crossed for you hun :cross:
It would be great to meet you :)

Pjust spoke to my consultant ans she said the TD is so busy with classes so far this week that tomorrow will probally be first chance she will have to ring. Will wait and see

Rosie - thanks so much for starting this thread and for getting others involved and sharing their SW consultant story - I'd been to an op earlier with a view to starting in March & tbh was 50/50, I love the idea of helping people and being able to make some money from it and the fact it could be done around my family. However, the mission statement is a little off putting " a meeting on every street corner, on every night of the week" - that I could put my heart and soul into growing and promoting SW in my area just to have 3,4,10 or 50 other people come and hand over their money to get a group beside me and dilute not my efforts - just my takings, sits uneasily. Then to hear people are simply not making money to even cover their training, let alone support themselves is frankly depressing and an unfair situation for consultants who are slogging their guts out to make it work.
Wishing you every success in wherever your career takes you.

Back