A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi everyone just done my first day of my promotion, have done 1400 leaflets and my feet are killing.
Did any of you get your 25 names in your black book?
It just I was out for 3 hour and saw no-one, so did my helpers.

1400 in one day, brilliant well done

Hi everyone just done my first day of my promotion, have done 1400 leaflets and my feet are killing.
Did any of you get your 25 names in your black book?
It just I was out for 3 hour and saw no-one, so did my helpers.

Wow! Well done! Think of the body magic! x

I have got my pretraining a week on monday and meeting with my TD tomorrow - we are still trying to find a new venue as our current one is closing...... I have training on the 5/6th and I am booking into the Premier inn down the road £39 a night, we are responsible for paying for that from what i can understand, or there is the Derbyshire hotel around the corner but more expensive - what area are you travelling from???

I have got my pretraining a week on monday and meeting with my TD tomorrow - we are still trying to find a new venue as our current one is closing...... I have training on the 5/6th and I am booking into the Premier inn down the road £39 a night, we are responsible for paying for that from what i can understand, or there is the Derbyshire hotel around the corner but more expensive - what area are you travelling from???

hate to be the bearer of bad news but the premier inn is now more than £39, i am just about to book as we speak and it is £149 for 3 nights as i am travelling from Ireland have to stay ssturdy night too. the Derbyshire is more expensive.

Does anyone know can SW get the Premier Inn any cheaper than I can book it online ?

hate to be the bearer of bad news but the premier inn is now more than £39, i am just about to book as we speak and it is £149 for 3 nights as i am travelling from Ireland have to stay ssturdy night too. the Derbyshire is more expensive.

Does anyone know can SW get the Premier Inn any cheaper than I can book it online ?

SW can book it for you and they have a corporate code. Call them up x

Welcome!

There's a few of us training on the 5/6th too!!

What area are you from?
x

SW can book it for you and they have a corporate code. Call them up x

thanks Hannah , just the phone number on the letter ? did you do it that way ?

I have just booked my flight for may , almost half the price of the April one lol

WOW - have just spent an hour or more reading back posts and can see already that theres at least 4 of us off here all gonna be there together, will have to look out for you all otherwise I will be a billy no mates, stopping at the Premier inn too so should be a giggle in the bar after hours!!
See you all really soon......eeeeekkkkk getting excited!!!

have you a link to teh ones you ordered on amazon or what did you search for to find them , i have not got a clue lol

Really Useful Box Pencil Box 0.9 Litre - Color: Clear: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products
Really Useful Box 0.3 Litre: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Thats the pencil box and member card box.

The all important sticker box:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3RR83O5CUB4PO

I need to measure this one up, but im thinking would be good for food diaries, certificates etc:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QW5LW4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They do correx too but i have put that on hold for now, will see if i need any straight away.

Hope that helps xx

Right i have a rough draft for my editorial, just need to get a minute to type it up all nice and professional looking lol

Its starting to sink in now. I will be travelling up with a lovely lady from Wallingford and staying in the Derbyshire, it was slightly more expensive than the Premier Inn but atleast we will have Free Wifi.
Cant do without my internet, i might get withdrawals lol

I best get dressed for work, catch you lovely ladies later xx

Calm down!:)
Save up your ideas, give yourself a budget and stick to it.
It's easy to get carried away. You'll get loads of ideas on training.
Poundland has become my new best friend! Got coloured baskets from there, plus raffle prizes, chip trays, stationery, body magic prizes.
xxx
ps internet is £3 at premier

WOW - have just spent an hour or more reading back posts and can see already that theres at least 4 of us off here all gonna be there together, will have to look out for you all otherwise I will be a billy no mates, stopping at the Premier inn too so should be a giggle in the bar after hours!!
See you all really soon......eeeeekkkkk getting excited!!!
Yay another recruit to the minis gang!!
The bar after hours is going to be the best part haha! :p

Regarding hotels, when you have pre training you sign a form about your venue details, etc and at the bottom it asks if you need accommodation for training, you put what dates you are staying and if you want a single or twin room. If you want a twin, you need to put other persons name. And then you leave it with SW.
Thats what I've done for me and Hannah and I should get confirmation through by end of the week.
I don't know which hotel but I asked my DM and she said SW will find you the best deal :)

What does 'running the body magic table' entail at your group Laura?

Encouraging people to sign up to work towards their awards, explaining how much activity a weeks they need to do.
speak to them when they bring their fit logs in, tick their names off the list when they've completed a week.
issue awards and write out certificates for the consultant to hand out in IT.
That's pretty much it, I have some hand outs on a table that I printed off the web about starting exercise and how to increase it gradually, how to make yourself more active in your day to day tasks etc etc.

Really Useful Box Pencil Box 0.9 Litre - Color: Clear: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products
Really Useful Box 0.3 Litre: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Thats the pencil box and member card box.

The all important sticker box:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...TF8&psc=1&smid=A3RR83O5CUB4PO&tag=minimins-21

I need to measure this one up, but im thinking would be good for food diaries, certificates etc:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QW5LW4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=minimins-21

They do correx too but i have put that on hold for now, will see if i need any straight away.

Hope that helps xx

thank you :)

Regarding hotels, when you have pre training you sign a form about your venue details, etc and at the bottom it asks if you need accommodation for training, you put what dates you are staying and if you want a single or twin room. If you want a twin, you need to put other persons name. And then you leave it with SW.
Thats what I've done for me and Hannah and I should get confirmation through by end of the week.
I don't know which hotel but I asked my DM and she said SW will find you the best deal :)

thanks, I though you were at premier Inn, Wonder if the price they get is better than you can book online and if no can yo get hem to cancel again ? After spender almost £300 on flights for first 2 training sessions every penny counts lol

Ladies, I don't chip in much on here - firstly congrats to you all, secondly slow down!!!!!!

Talk to other consultants in your teams, your team developers or district manager, ring head office if you need advice.

Slimming world get a discounted rate on rooms at the Derbyshire and PI, unless you can get a bargain room online, the PI is £42 I think. Share rooms if you can.

Don't rush out and buy correx etc, you don't have to make boards up straight away and often someone in your distinct get it very cheap, ours is half price! Look around the house for boxes, files etc, you don't have to buy fancy stuff upfront, even if you slot a handful of each certificate and award in a file for a start. One thing I would advise buying is day glo stars from the pound shop, you will get through a mountain of those!

Ask consultants to add you to the Facebook groups, visuals, colleagues etc, lots of ideas on there.

It is an exciting time but the most incredibly hard work, harder than anyone tells you. If you don't work or if you work part time then great, if you work full time then it's just an unbelievable pressure.

Good luck. I can fully understand why Rosie is leaving, I really can.

Ladies, I don't chip in much on here - firstly congrats to you all, secondly slow down!!!!!!

Talk to other consultants in your teams, your team developers or district manager, ring head office if you need advice.

Slimming world get a discounted rate on rooms at the Derbyshire and PI, unless you can get a bargain room online, the PI is £42 I think. Share rooms if you can.

Don't rush out and buy correx etc, you don't have to make boards up straight away and often someone in your distinct get it very cheap, ours is half price! Look around the house for boxes, files etc, you don't have to buy fancy stuff upfront, even if you slot a handful of each certificate and award in a file for a start. One thing I would advise buying is day glo stars from the pound shop, you will get through a mountain of those!

Ask consultants to add you to the Facebook groups, visuals, colleagues etc, lots of ideas on there.

It is an exciting time but the most incredibly hard work, harder than anyone tells you. If you don't work or if you work part time then great, if you work full time then it's just an unbelievable pressure.

Good luck. I can fully understand why Rosie is leaving, I really can.

thanks so much for information, £42 per night for premier inn would be great as cheapest I can get online is £149 for 2 nights , will ring them later

Back