A diary of a slimming world consultant

Just a little bit of advice as I've seen a couple of posts about helping members and giving advice at pay, weigh and shop. This is a massive no no and as a consultant you will be really annoyed if your social team do this.

It's the consultants job to help and if the social team help then members are less likely to stay. Also, those members who grab you before you start and then don't stay, don't help them ask them to take a seat for IT, or else they will never stay.

I had a weigh lady giving IT at the scales and she had to be asked politely to stop as members weren't staying.

Even as a consultant member of a group it's not fair to help the members.

Don't want to upset anyone, just advice you will learn in training.

Just a little bit of advice as I've seen a couple of posts about helping members and giving advice at pay, weigh and shop. This is a massive no no and as a consultant you will be really annoyed if your social team do this.

It's the consultants job to help and if the social team help then members are less likely to stay. Also, those members who grab you before you start and then don't stay, don't help them ask them to take a seat for IT, or else they will never stay.

I had a weigh lady giving IT at the scales and she had to be asked politely to stop as members weren't staying.

i am on social team at m class and we have been told the same, makes sense when you think about it

Well done Dougal excellent news on getting to target I'm so chuffed for you xxxx
My news is that the Brighton Marathon is 3 weeks away and that I'm so not prepared for it at all ( it came round quicker than I thought lol ) but as its for charity and its combined with a sky dive in June tough tit Roanne your doing it ..... ; ) x

Hi all,

Thank you for you congratulations! Still on a high.

So relieved that my 2 groups are going to like me! I was a little apprehensive I must say, but my mind is at ease now, well that part anyway!!

Hopefully should hear back this week from SW about the hotel. I'm sure they'll get the best deal. I doubt very much they rip you off or take a cut. But it worth checking online first and see what they come up with.

Pre training on Saturday. With the editorial, have you all added pictures in the document or separate? x

Hi Hannah and everyone,

I've been trying to post on this thread for a while now, but being " technilogicvally challenged" I haven't managed it! :) I too have just had my interview and been accepted, and will be training at the same time as Hannah, Dougal, avril and Doelani - I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I'm taking over mthe group I attend, so that makes things a little easier, but I'm still panicking and wondering what I've let myself in for. I had my pre-training on Tuesday, so my nose is buried deep in the manuals - I'll never remember it all! Pre-training lasted about three and a half hours, a large chunk of which was how to write yuor editorial. Even though I had written mine beforehand, it wasn't expected, and wasn't even looked at, so don't worry too much about getting it perfect before you go. I think you take it with you to training, but don't quote me on that!

Oh well, back to the manuals . . . .

Hi Hannah and everyone,

I've been trying to post on this thread for a while now, but being " technilogicvally challenged" I haven't managed it! :) I too have just had my interview and been accepted, and will be training at the same time as Hannah, Dougal, avril and Doelani - I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I'm taking over mthe group I attend, so that makes things a little easier, but I'm still panicking and wondering what I've let myself in for. I had my pre-training on Tuesday, so my nose is buried deep in the manuals - I'll never remember it all! Pre-training lasted about three and a half hours, a large chunk of which was how to write yuor editorial. Even though I had written mine beforehand, it wasn't expected, and wasn't even looked at, so don't worry too much about getting it perfect before you go. I think you take it with you to training, but don't quote me on that!

Welcome aboard Yvonne! Another one for the minis party haha!

Yes I've had my nose buried in the manuals too, there's a lot to take in!!

Thanks for the advice, totally makes sense.

I think in my group it happens because my C is doing the new members talk and these people are shifts workers who can't stay to IT but I totally understand what you're saying.

Thanks for all the congratulations guys, I'm still on cloud 9!

Hubby took my measurements this morning and here's the stats:

* Lost 2st 11lbs
* Lost 8 3/4 inches from waist
* Lost 7 1/2 inches from hips

Even I'm still in shock!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, totally makes sense.

I think in my group it happens because my C is doing the new members talk and these people are shifts workers who can't stay to IT but I totally understand what you're saying.

I know but (and there's always a but!) why can't they stay? These are the questions you will learn to ask. We have to encourage members to find a group which they can stay to.....you have to log the percentage staying to IT and I know my TD wants 90% staying so you have to try whatever you can to get people to stay. SW believe that everyone should want to stay :-/

Not criticising at all, I used to do it as a long standing group member!

Hi everyone!

I have to share my good news- I got to target last night! Whoop :D

I lost 5lbs, got my 2 1/2 stone award as well as target, and also got SOTW and won the raffle!!

Very happy indeed, the group was fab, I was running the shop, and I was giving advice to several members who were struggling and I came away thinking I just love SW, I'm dying to start my own group :)
I love the buzz of it all :)

So minis gang of the 5th & 6th April, we have another thing to celebrate yay :D

And Hannah, I took my pictures separately, mainly as I have loads, so my TD could pick some out, and she did and said scan it into your editorial.

Take a selection, unless you know which ones you want to use. X

Well done! x

Welcome aboard Yvonne! Another one for the minis party haha!

Yes I've had my nose buried in the manuals too, there's a lot to take in!!

Oh hooray! my post got through this time :) it's been so frustrating wanting to chat, but every time I tried, my posts just *disppeared* . . .
Congratulations on reaching target -- you've done so well. I'm still about a stone off mine, but I got my four and a half stone last night, so I'm really chuffed :) I wish I'd taken my measurements before I started, but I'm now in size 14s instead of size 22s, so that must say something!

Hi Hannah and everyone,

Welcome Yvonne. I have my pre training on saturday :)

Doreen

Hi Hannah and everyone,

Hello Yvonne!

Welcome! That's great you'll be there too!

Where about's are you based? x

Thanks for all the congratulations guys, I'm still on cloud 9!

Hubby took my measurements this morning and here's the stats:

* Lost 2st 11lbs
* Lost 8 3/4 inches from waist
* Lost 7 1/2 inches from hips

Even I'm still in shock!! :D

Fantastic Dougal!! I'll do mine later!

I'm off to see my retired C, so she can go through all the stuff she's giving me, bless her x

Hi everyone!

I have to share my good news- I got to target last night! Whoop :D

I lost 5lbs, got my 2 1/2 stone award as well as target, and also got SOTW and won the raffle!!

Very happy indeed, the group was fab, I was running the shop, and I was giving advice to several members who were struggling and I came away thinking I just love SW, I'm dying to start my own group :)
I love the buzz of it all :)

So minis gang of the 5th & 6th April, we have another thing to celebrate yay :D

And Hannah, I took my pictures separately, mainly as I have loads, so my TD could pick some out, and she did and said scan it into your editorial.

Take a selection, unless you know which ones you want to use. X

So chuffed for you :D xx

Oh hooray! my post got through this time :) it's been so frustrating wanting to chat, but every time I tried, my posts just *disppeared* . . .
Congratulations on reaching target -- you've done so well. I'm still about a stone off mine, but I got my four and a half stone last night, so I'm really chuffed :) I wish I'd taken my measurements before I started, but I'm now in size 14s instead of size 22s, so that must say something!

Well done on your 4&half stone loss xxx

Contacted SW and they sent me prices for Premier Inn , different prices depending on the night but between £41 and £44 per night so I am booking my 3 nights through them. Only saving me £25 but ever ££££ counts lol

Well done on your 4&half stone loss xxx

Yhanks Horsetoffees - the last half stone has been the hardest - I suppose I'm getting nearer to target now, so it's bound to be harder. But I'm well motivated again now. Hey, I see you're a target member, and have been there for months. Well done!

Back