A diary of a slimming world consultant

I got some wooden spatulas in Asda for 39p each, they are moulded all in one so there are no heads to come off in letterboxes! I put my name and mobile number on them in case they get lost on the other side!

The pic is from when I did my launch promotions back in mid January, I did wonder about the 'I <3 SW' I wrote on them in case they went through the letterbox and someone in the house had the initials 'SW' heheh I think I over think things just a little bit x

Fabulous!! I was thinking after the end losing incident that those kind of wooden spatulas were exactly what I needed and was kicking myself for having got rid of one of them a while back as I didn't think I needed it :cry:

Next time I'm out and about I'll have to get myself one :D

Was out with my consultant yesterday... 2000 leaflets in 5 hours, and not a single one was a terraced house lol. I have a new found respect for the leaflet delivery people! I'm helping Sunday too with the last 1000. But hey, it's good practise right?

How on earth did you manage that many? I was averaging 100 per hour yesterday and all the places were bungalows, some with gates and all had driveways. What's your secret to managing 400 per hour? or was that between 2 people i.e. 200/hour each?

Lot of posts from me in quick succession I'm afraid but one more - can you guys who are already consultants tell me whether you get some kind of commission or reward for bringing in new consultants? or getting people to come to opportunity events?

hi
Yes, consultants get £100 for introducing someone who goes on to become a consultant.

I agree, 2000 leaflets in 5 hours is actually impossible! thats 7 per minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless of course there were loads of you, but the post made it sound like 2 people!!!

Also apart from the £100 they get entered into a cruise this year , my consultant took 3 of us and I was the only one to make it , if he wins I'm def going with him lol x

Ah I was wondering why my consultant was so keen for me to go - she's been asking me since the end of last year.

But they don't get anything for you attending the opps event or the interview just if you pass and open up a group , my consultant is also a TD and 12 people were interviewed on the day I went and I was the only one that got through ( he didn't interview me lol ) so I don't think it's really for financial gain as so few go to the next stage . I just want a group lol x

Wow, I'm really suprised at how rude some of you are when you have come across as really nice people before this. In answer to the questions however, I'm currently saving up to be able to apply to be a consultant. And helping out my consultant wherever possible for practise and just because. And '7 leaflets per minute' is very easy if your in the right kind of area. It WAS just the two of us, and we didn't waste any time as it was cold. All of the houses had gates and driveways and why would it take more than 10 seconds? Not saying that it can't take longer but it didn't. In my local area it would take a lot less as its all terraced houses but it wasn't.

also, why would my consultant waste her money and 5 hours of her time by binning them?

i have loved this thread up until now, getting ideas for when I'm a consultant and things but you have just really put me off being so rude and mean. I don't think I'll bother on here in future.

Hope that anything wrote has been with a wink wink as no one would truly mean to offend ..... For me this site ( sad fully I know ) has been a bit High School Musical as in we're all in this tog .... X

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive cause I'm tired and sore still lol, and just feeling a little devalued by the comments! I'm sure they weren't meant nastily but it's certainly how they've come across! I've always had that sorta atmosphere from here (all in this together) which was why I was suprised to get that reaction! X

Wow, I'm really suprised at how rude some of you are when you have come across as really nice people before this. In answer to the questions however, I'm currently saving up to be able to apply to be a consultant. And helping out my consultant wherever possible for practise and just because. And '7 leaflets per minute' is very easy if your in the right kind of area. It WAS just the two of us, and we didn't waste any time as it was cold. All of the houses had gates and driveways and why would it take more than 10 seconds? Not saying that it can't take longer but it didn't. In my local area it would take a lot less as its all terraced houses but it wasn't.

also, why would my consultant waste her money and 5 hours of her time by binning them?

i have loved this thread up until now, getting ideas for when I'm a consultant and things but you have just really put me off being so rude and mean. I don't think I'll bother on here in future.

Actually I was a bit surprised to see this post to be honest, I re-read the other posts as I wondered where this had come from but all I could see was simply shock and amazement that you'd managed to do so many in such a short space of time and curiosity to know what your secret was to manage so many as I'm sure everyone would love that kind of delivery rate.

Actually I was a bit surprised to see this post to be honest, I re-read the other posts as I wondered where this had come from but all I could see was simply shock and amazement that you'd managed to do so many in such a short space of time and curiosity to know what your secret was to manage so many as I'm sure everyone would love that kind of delivery rate.
It was the tone of the last couple of comments to be honest although one of them has disappeared! :s. Like I said though, I think the secret was it was very cold!! At first they didn't feel like they was going down at all, but then we got so cold, I think we just literally wasted no time! Though my consultant managed to be a lot quicker than me... I managed to get caught on 3 gates, trap my hand and hit my head in a tree!!:p

Oh dear, hit your head on a tree! I once tripped and fell on a driveway, got bitten by a dog, and had rude people shout at me. All in a leafleteers day I suppose. I did have a nice comment though on Friday when I was delivering leaftets. A lady said she was thinking about joining and I was chatting to her about S W and she said if she ended up looking like me in a few months then she would join up that day!!!!!!!!!!! Fair made my day that. :)

It was the tone of the last couple of comments to be honest although one of them has disappeared! :s. Like I said though, I think the secret was it was very cold!! At first they didn't feel like they was going down at all, but then we got so cold, I think we just literally wasted no time! Though my consultant managed to be a lot quicker than me... I managed to get caught on 3 gates, trap my hand and hit my head in a tree!!:p

Crikey you did well considering the gate incidents, hand and head injuries! No wonder you weren't too impressed when you got back :D

I've just had my consultant drop off another 300+ leaflets for me to deliver so I'm going to give it another go and see if I can get closer to your super delivery rate ;) Better not distract myself by listening to The Archers or the News Quiz this time though on my iPod so I can concentrate on going as fast as possible!

She made another attempt to convince me to come to the next opportunity event as well :D

You should see how fast she is to be honest! My husband and I went out before to help her with the last few, and she was doubling us literally! She just laughed and said it was practice!! I aim to be her one day lol. She was just this little blonde speedy Gonzales!

I am so very tired now though. I have no inclination to go make tea although I know I really should do! No crazy people today at least :)
mhope you guys had good days xx

Hi all! I'm new to this site. I always used to come and read the posts but it's only now I have decided to register. This thread being the main reason. I have recently been to an opportunity event and wanted to know a bit more about becoming a consulant. Seems this is the place to be for that. Hoping to get to know you all a bit better. :)

You should see how fast she is to be honest! My husband and I went out before to help her with the last few, and she was doubling us literally! She just laughed and said it was practice!! I aim to be her one day lol. She was just this little blonde speedy Gonzales!

I am so very tired now though. I have no inclination to go make tea although I know I really should do! No crazy people today at least :)
mhope you guys had good days xx

Right I took a big bunch of my leaflets and went out to do a time trial this afternoon - no iPod/music, just head down, brisk walking and efficient posting to see whether I could match this super speed. :D

No is the short answer! I managed to get my average leaflet rate per hour up from 100 to 136, delivering 229 leaflets in 1 hour 41 mins - yes I was sad enough to time it, including the split times for every 10 leaflets, and yes I do have too much time on my hands ;)

Your mighty leaflet delivery skills are no match for me!

Back