A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi, Im Cheryl and ive just joined this site but have been reading the diary for a while. I have my interview on Saturday, eeeek. What can I expect?
Congratulations to all of you that have passed and are now consultants. My next fear is the credit check! Fingers crossed I should be ok.

Good luck for your interview! I have mine next week, am really excited and nervous! Sounds like one crazy journey becoming a SW consultant!

Good luck with yours too. Scary but exciting. I'm pleased I found this thread. Ill let you know how I get on.
Does anyone have any tips and a hint at what to expect? Xx

Hi Cheryl,

Your interview will go fine, I'm sure. Just don't forget to tell them just how much you love Slimming World at every opportunity. As for the credit checks, it's not that they chack your credit rating. What they're looking for is whether you have any County Court Judgements out against you. So no panic . . . :)

Hi Cheryl,

Your interview will go fine, I'm sure. Just don't forget to tell them just how much you love Slimming World at every opportunity. As for the credit checks, it's not that they chack your credit rating. What they're looking for is whether you have any County Court Judgements out against you. So no panic . . . :)

Than you Yvonne, I'm feeling nervous now, hope I sleep tonight as its at 10 in the morning. Still I do love slimming world so ill just go on lol. Thx for heads up re credit check, I shouldn't have a problem then as nothing like that against me. Ill keep you posted xxx

Than you Yvonne, I'm feeling nervous now, hope I sleep tonight as its at 10 in the morning. Still I do love slimming world so ill just go on lol. Thx for heads up re credit check, I shouldn't have a problem then as nothing like that against me. Ill keep you posted xxx

I'm sure you'll be fine! Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Good luck! x

Went along to an opportunity event this evening (finally gave in to my C pestering me - thought it was easier to go and get it done than have her keep asking every month!). It was interesting to hear it all from the horse's mouth rather than just within these posts. I've learned a lot from reading the posts but it was good to get the chance to ask questions also. They were very open though and gave a lot of detail - I took loads of notes just in case. Glad I went along.

Any surprises on the questions asked?

No not at all. It was very informal and they asked why I liked food optimising, how would manage my time etc etc. I was in there for about 50 mins. You need to take your book with you as they look at your weight loss record at the back and when you joined etc. you also need to take a before picture with you plus completed application form. I'm feeling positive. Xx

No not at all. It was very informal and they asked why I liked food optimising, how would manage my time etc etc. I was in there for about 50 mins. You need to take your book with you as they look at your weight loss record at the back and when you joined etc. you also need to take a before picture with you plus completed application form. I'm feeling positive. Xx
Let us know when you hear back! And wish me luck for Tuesday! x

Hmm a before picture - that would be the tricky bit if I ever decided to actually go for it, I seem to have deleted all the best pictures (for obvious reasons at the time!) and only have a couple left but they don't look that 'fat'. I have only lost 2st with SW though it's 2.5st since the photos were taken, when I get to target it would be 2.5st with SW (3st since photos taken) - just doesn't seem enough of a loss to be a credible consultant.

What kind of stuff do they ask for on the application form? Also do you need to take a CV with you or does the application form cover that kind of info?

Hmm a before picture - that would be the tricky bit if I ever decided to actually go for it, I seem to have deleted all the best pictures (for obvious reasons at the time!) and only have a couple left but they don't look that 'fat'. I have only lost 2st with SW though it's 2.5st since the photos were taken, when I get to target it would be 2.5st with SW (3st since photos taken) - just doesn't seem enough of a loss to be a credible consultant.

What kind of stuff do they ask for on the application form? Also do you need to take a CV with you or does the application form cover that kind of info?

Don't worry about your loss. You've lost and enjoy SW that's enough, as long as you're in the right place in your SW journey you'll be fine.

I took 2 years to lose 2 stone ( yes I know a very long journey but that's me and its still 2 stone down :) ) told them at interview I wanted to go down one more dress size so about another stone and I got to be a consultant. Was dreading them asking me about my 'long' journey and thought it would go against me but it didn't.

My TD said consultants are chosen for the person you are, if you can support, motivate and inspire people you're practically there!

It doesn't matter about your loss, it's the journey and the fact you have / loosing and can encourage and be supportive. I've only lost 1stn 10lbs so far. You do need to be within 2stone of the healthy weight for your height to he accepted.

No they don't need a cv, just normal application form questions really. You need to add 2 referees who they will contact if successful. Xxx

Back