A diary of a slimming world consultant

You have to take a couple of folders that you get at pretraining with you and a few other bits and pieces. I don't have to take much as I'm coming from Ireland so they provide a copy of some of the stuff for us...way to heavy for the hand luggage! I loved my pretraining and the two consultants were lovely. I'm staying in the premier inn, my friend is there the Saturday and Sunday for days 5 & 6 so I'll have the room Thursday myself and share the other 2. Can't wait but so much to do before may!

Hello everyone I'm back!!

Hope everyone's group is going well

I quit mine 3 weeks ago now and for me it's such a relief but good luck to u all who have the time to put into it.

One word of warning I have for u all, keep check of your stock. Count it yourself after every group rather than rely on stock list on our world. My stock was out a bit and I've had to pay for the missing stock now :-(

i have just had the call and i did it, ive been accepted as a consultant. I wil get a call next week to discuss groups and when my training dates are. Im still in shock at the moment but am overjoyed xxx

Hello everyone I'm back!!

Hope everyone's group is going well

I quit mine 3 weeks ago now and for me it's such a relief but good luck to u all who have the time to put into it.

One word of warning I have for u all, keep check of your stock. Count it yourself after every group rather than rely on stock list on our world. My stock was out a bit and I've had to pay for the missing stock now :-(

Hi Rosie - welcome back :) Your post actually reminded me of a few questions I'd thought of that I didn't ask at the opportunity event as I thought they might be deemed too "negative". What happens when you quit? Do you have to give a certain amount of notice? Do SW buy your franchise back from you or do you just lose that money and then they sell it on to someone else? What happens to your left over stock and things like your recipe books? Did you sell them to another consultant or do you return them?

I had to do 4 groups after giving in notice although they wanted me to do more. Nope I lost all my money. Worked for 3 months and didn't even make it back. They recipe books are mine so I just sold them on. Things like hi fI etc are the company's so I need to send them back by courrier although this is still to be arranged. X

Would be very interested to see how you get on arranging your departure Rosie, getting the money back from you stock etc. This, to me, would be a key indicator as to what kind of company SW are - if they thank people and are fair and honest, this would be a good sign for those considering being a consultant.

My stock is slightly out I'd say about 100 pounds worth out and I will be having to pay for this. Last month I sold all my magazines but on the system said I still had 10 left so they told me at next group I had to put them through the franchise as if I had sold them and the money came out my account......

Good to see you back on here Rosie.
I must say though, that I've known a lot of consultants who started the same time as us quit. It is such hard work. I think if you work part time, or don't work, then it's wonderful, but it's a lot on top of a full time job. More than SW ever tell you and it's push push push!!!! I would be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind to leave, I have good and bad weeks!!!

Cheery, you buy a franchise with SW, so you don't really work for them as such, although you have to run your group in accordance with their wishes!! If you leave it's just bye bye. You return everything they own and sell on your own stuff. That's it.

Were you sad to say goodbye to your members Rosie or had you just had enough and were pleased to go?

I was soooooo relieved to have my life back but I did feel bad on certain members I had close bonds with but I have their number to see how their getting on x

I bet you were, it does take over. I cant believe the next promo is in 4 weeks and weve only just finished easter!!! That would be the bit which would get me, leaving the members but I still have members I've never met as they never stay and I've always been doing a new member talk!!!!
Are you still gong to group as well?

Booked my accomodation for days 1 & 2. Im staying in the premier inn for 2 nights, arriving on Thursday 9th so I'm all ready for 9am on 10th. Have any of you booked yet? xx

Just thought of another question - when you all had your interviews and things, did you have no idea of what type of group (time, location, number of sessions) you were applying for? Did you have to get through the interview stage before having any idea what was available to you?

Just thought of another question - when you all had your interviews and things, did you have no idea of what type of group (time, location, number of sessions) you were applying for? Did you have to get through the interview stage before having any idea what was available to you?

When I went forward for interview there were no opportunities in my area so I was put on a waiting list and have been waiting since last may! Long wait but so excited to be heading forward now. I was offered a single group to take over and 2 days before pretraining a double group on the same day came up, this was the dream so I jumped head first into that one. So much information to take in but taking it all in as best I can! I've been helping my friend with her group since September so that has helped a lot.

I was aware that a few groups in area that were only being covered however no you dont know until after interview. I will find out next week my group and trainingdates .

Back