A diary of a slimming world consultant

That's most certainly not what I was told unless I Mis heard , bloody good job the rent is low !!!
From what I can remember and from my notes from the day - there were 2 levels of franchise options and with the higher one we were told SW would contribute towards your room hire but no actual figure was discussed.

That's exactly what I heard hence y I decided that option 2 was better !
I'd definitely get it looked into then. That's why I thought option 2 was better as well - so you didn't mishear. Every pound is a pound nearer to you becoming a profitable consultant - chase it up.

I chose option 2 and it was made very clear to me that I had to pay the rent of the room because I remember voicing my concern that £50 is a lot and it would be harder for me to make anything most weeks.
I got told tough that's your group basically.

I've done 5 nights now and the most I've taken home is £24, which is partly due to a 12 week countdown being purchased, other weeks it's been about £13.
I'm still on 25% as I haven't made it to 25 members yet- highest was 22.

Don't expect to be making anything for a while unless you are relaunching a group that has got 30+ members already.

Just as an example of how little you make- on days 3 & 4 training recently, in a room of 60 consultants only 6 of them had fast tracked and most of them were Irish! (SW is very successful in Ireland)

Think im going to choose option 2 aswell...
Just lookin at hotels and derbyshire is coming up cheaper than travel inn?? Is it better to ring rather than try and book online.. or if anyone would like to share please let me know :) xx

Think im going to choose option 2 aswell...
Just lookin at hotels and derbyshire is coming up cheaper than travel inn?? Is it better to ring rather than try and book online.. or if anyone would like to share please let me know :) xx

Premier Inn should be cheaper. I would go Premier Inn even if it cost more. I did not like the Derbyshire at all!!
Have a look online and then give the hotels a ring. Don't let SW book it for you cos they don't. Book it yourself- you're guaranteed to have a room then!

Premier Inn should be cheaper. I would go Premier Inn even if it cost more. I did not like the Derbyshire at all!!
Have a look online and then give the hotels a ring. Don't let SW book it for you cos they don't. Book it yourself- you're guaranteed to have a room then!

ok thanks will try again just going to wait ti I get word back because we are looking for a venue first x

Well done Baby Tree. I would definitely only go for option 1 though cos that way if you decide its not for you then you've only got to claw £600 back.
For the extra £400 you only really get the visuals which are the bright yellow pieces of card that ive never seen anyone reading anyway and its more interesting for your members if you've made your own, plus you can update them easily with new info, menus etc.

I disagree as you also get £400 of books n stock plus SW expect some form of visuals up so best get your Blue Peter hat on .... Lol x

Although I am not a consultant and dont want to be one I am finding this whole thread really really interesting. It is fascinating reading all about peoples thoughts on the running of s w and what is expected of consultants. Ordinary members dont get to know all about this, and the more I read the more I respect both consultants, and prospective consultants. :)

I would deffo go for the cheaper option as u can buy visuals off old consultants. U get a book stand that no one can b bothered to put together every group and yeah u can some books but u can order them in your own time when u make some profit or do what I did. Use my group copies and have an order sheet next to it and get the payment order the books and give them to the member as soon as u get them. U will soon see how much you have to lug in and out of the hall each week your not going to want a few copies of each book trust me. But at the end of the day it's your choice that's just my opinion. U also get a couple of tiny table clothes in the 2nd option but I bought lovely deep red fleece throws from ikea for 3 pound each and used one of those on each table. They all matched and looked cosy. Another tip for new consultant I nice touch that members appreciated I had a nice thick red bath mat in front f weigh scales so my members didn't have to stand on the cold church floor x

Really like the £3 table cloths Rosie , and super idea about the bath mat .... I certainly won't be spending a lot on them !!!!

whoa... I'm new to this site and have been hooked on this thread found it so interesting to read how everyone was so excited to become a SW consultant, couldn't wait to hear all your updates as the process progressed and then sad when the reality of what was expected set in. I have considered becoming a consultant myself after it was suggested to me by my consultant but this has definately been an eye opener, think I will stick with the social team. Thanks for being so honest

Hello, I am new here. I have loved reading the thread and very interested at becoming a consultant and I have been to the introductory meeting and signed up for more info on the 18th May but no one has phoned my yet...!! I also work some weekend and I have found out the first training weekend is the 5/6th July. Could anyone please tell me when the following two training days are so I can plan my weekend work bookings?? Thank you :)

Hi ya Helsht ,

When you say you have signed up for more training do you mean Pre Training ???
If you have had an interview and are successful then you are sent out a pack which has the contracts and how to write an editorial and all your training dates ..... If you haven't got to that stage yet then don't book any time off !!!!
Have you had an interview ??? X

whoa... I'm new to this site and have been hooked on this thread found it so interesting to read how everyone was so excited to become a SW consultant, couldn't wait to hear all your updates as the process progressed and then sad when the reality of what was expected set in. I have considered becoming a consultant myself after it was suggested to me by my consultant but this has definately been an eye opener, think I will stick with the social team. Thanks for being so honest

Same as me Jackie. Was asked if I would like to enquire about being a c, said no also. I am on the social team too, quite happy to run the shop and raffle, but being a c???? Dont think so, but good luck to all who have the energy and ambition, and are brave enough to do this. :)

Back