A diary of a slimming world consultant

Baby tree , when I looked at venues I took pen n paper and thought about where everything would go , also another thing to ask is how many chairs are there to use ( mine has 34 so I have to borrow from another hall ) also whether there's a kitchen and do you have use of the cups , good luck and enjoy xxx

Parking also can be a little bit of an issue if your relying on street parking. Neighbours can be funny about lots of cars parked outside their houses. :(

Omg i took delivery of my banner and 3000 postcards today. You dont realise til you see them how daunting a task it is going to be to deliver them . It looks an endless supply lol. Oh well good body magic for me n my team

Hi everyone, been reading this thread with muchinterest as really seriously thinking of becoming a consultant... I know a lot of what it involves as a few years ago I worked for the dark side... Lol... As a weightless consultant.... And sw seems to be so much better! Just need some advice if anyone is willing to be honest about the money side of things... How much do you realistically earn per meeting... A new one and taking over an existing one? Any advice wud be great as seriously thinking of giving up my other job to do this full time and really don't want to make a mistake xxx nikkijoy

I'm working off of last nights takings so.....

Target members 11
Paying members 134
134x £2.45 = £328.30
Room hire from 2-10 £82 ( 3 sessions )
Now times that by 2 as my C has two groups so he does pretty well but he's been doing it for 10 years and has a wicked rep and loyal members ..... And in September we become each others competition which I'm dreading as my group is not a relaunch but from scratch so in looking at just covering the rent to start with xxx

Just emailed my friend Kylie who's been a C for 3 weeks , this was her opening nights figures it was a new group not a re launch

Total members 23 ( so no fast tracking bless her )
23 x £1.25 ( 25% )
Room hire £50
So my friend is down just over £20

It's picked up and she's had 30 in last night but still on 25% due to not fast tracking x

Hi Roanne, I work in a high school, and i have to say £50 for a couple of hours is extortionate!!!!!Our school hall is is big enough to hold 500 and that is only £38 for a couple of hours! mind you she still would have been down £8 :( I thought you had 3 weeks to get to fast track?
Thinking about it, even if she was on Fast Track, she still would have been down with an outlay like that room is!

Hi Rosie, i have been thinking of using my schools dining room I thankfully won't have to pay :) but i have a question for you the banner i get what happens if it's knicked from the bottom of the school drive? we are right next to a pub and a college!!

I didn't even have my banner up near my venue there was no where to put it so if it gets nicked then oh well lol it's not the end of the world I still got the members in without a banner x

Ok I've been a C for 6 weeks now and I didn't fast track. In fact it was only last night that I hit stage 1! I now have to hold that magic 25 for 6 weeks and then I will be up to 40% earnings.

My group was a re-launch on a Monday evening with very small existing numbers and here's my takings:

Night 1

I took home £19.53 after rent (£50) was taken and I'm on 25%.

Night 2 (May Bank holiday)

I took home £7.18 after rent

Night 3

I took home £19.58 after rent

Night 4

I took home £13.28 after rent

Night 5 (another sodding bank holiday!!)

I took home £24.34 after rent

Night 6

I took home £64 :D after rent.
I had 29 members so I hit stage 1, still 25% earnings but lots of countdowns brought :)

So as you can see, it takes time to earn some money from this, I wouldn't give up a job to do just SW until I'm starting to earn a decent income from it.

It's a catch 22 situation as you need to have no job to put the time in (its very overwhelming!) but you need to have an income to put the money into it in the first place.

It's hard work and very stressful, but I was very close to giving it up after 2 weeks, thankfully I was talked out of it and now I'm glad I stuck it out as its starting to take off for me.

Just have a long hard think about it, no one can prepare you for the stress and hard work, believe me.

Good luck x

Hi Dougal1983, have you had any ocassions where people who obviously know more than you try to be verbal about things? It's one of my fears, that i come up against someone who has been going to SW for years tries to make me look like a fool :(

Hi Dougal1983, have you had any ocassions where people who obviously know more than you try to be verbal about things? It's one of my fears, that i come up against someone who has been going to SW for years tries to make me look like a fool :(
I've got members who have done SW before, some several times, but they look at you for the answers and I've not had anyone be verbal about the fact that they know more.
At the end of the day, whatever they say to you, the best reply you can give is : I've had the most up to date training so I know what I'm talking about!
Obv not said in an arrogant way, but that is the plain and simple truth- once you've had your training you will know more than them!

I wouldn't worry too much, my members are all lovely, if there is horrible ones out there, they are few and far between.

You need to remember as well that you will have to hire the hall for three hours each week for a single session group cos of setting up and packing away.
And if its a multi-room venue then who will be in the next room to you during your meeting
And, can you get your car near the door for loading all those heavy boxes and bags to lug plus you wouldn't want to have to lock your car between each run.

Absolutely no way give up your current job until you are well established as a consultant and you are sure its what you want to do :)

Thank you for the advice, but no way can I do this without giving up my other job cos of the hours I work, I understand at first it may be hard but really need some honest answers so I can think realistically... At the end of the day the bills still need paying no matter how much you love helping people and enjoy the job, so please help me with this decision :)
You need to remember as well that you will have to hire the hall for three hours each week for a single session group cos of setting up and packing away.
And if its a multi-room venue then who will be in the next room to you during your meeting
And, can you get your car near the door for loading all those heavy boxes and bags to lug plus you wouldn't want to have to lock your car between each run.

Absolutely no way give up your current job until you are well established as a consultant and you are sure its what you want to do :)

I also don't understand about fast tracking??? And how do you get to 40% ? Sorry guys I know, loads of questions but I want to do this properly and got opps evening next week so just want to be prepared as I can be very impulsive if I'm passionate about something.... Lol :) loving this thread and the advice so far has been invaluable want to join u all bust trying to think rationally for a change... Lol x

Back