A diary of a slimming world consultant

Had my team meeting tonight and my TD announces she's retiring. Devastated is an understatement ;( ;(

oooh is she just retiring as TD or as a C as well? if it's who I think it is I can see why you'd be devastated ;)

Awaywithefaries, thank you, your info has been invaluable I feel I can go to the opps event with full understanding and knowledge and will be able to make a clear decision after that, loving following all your posts everyone, you never know I could be joining u all soon :) watch this space :thinking2:

oooh is she just retiring as TD or as a C as well? if it's who I think it is I can see why you'd be devastated ;)
She's retiring from SW completely, and it wouldn't be who you think- she's not my TD thankfully!!! Although there's a chance our team will be joining hers as a 'caretaker' team until we get a permanent TD.

My TD is so fab, love her to pieces, we are all planning a leaving party for her :)

Hope you got on ok today x

hi yeah I phoned my td and she said she will see if she can keep me on a waiting list for 6 months which would be just perfect. . fingers crossed :)

thanks for asking :) xx

All of you who recently became consultants... How are you all doing? How was te training? Is being a consultant what you expected to be? Really interested to see how u r all getting on x

Yes, how is everyone doing? Has anyone heard from Hannah?

Hello! Do you mean me?

Sorry that I haven't been on for ages!!

I've had a brief look at other posts on here but haven't read through them all.

I am absolutely loving being a consultant! This is my 6th week and I have hit stage 4, over 70 members now. Had 76 through last night. It's such an amazing feeling. This job is so so rewarding. I think you have to be that type of person to really go for it and like our weight loss journeys you have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. The same applies for being a consultant.

It's a lot of hard work and commitment I won't lie. But it is absolutely worth it in my mind. I'm loving supporting my members. The weight losses since I took over my group have been amazing!! I am absolutely chuffed to bits for my members.

There is a lot of promotional work involved and admin, support. But at the end of the day it's a business, your business. Slimming world I think is a fab company and yes they do take their cut, it's business. Their support towards me has been incredible.

My takings on average have been good each week, the most I took was £219.28 and that was with a few countdowns bought. On average without countdowns has been £150ish after I've taken out £45 for the room rent in a church hall. I'm there for about 5 hours so that's pretty good.

I'd definitely go into with open eyes though and just take everything in. Slimming world does take over your life, but I've loved every minute of it. I'm a mummy of 2 but it fits in perfectly xxx

Well done Hannah. I wish I could share the enthusiasm! I still maintain that you can only succeed 100% if you either don't work or work part time.

I just don't have time for constant promotion :-(

Yes Hannah, I did mean you!

So glad it's going well for you, you sound so happy and focussed. I must admit I had quite a downer on SW as a company after reading about the consultants who had to give it up, particularly Rosie, who started this thread. Good to hear that for some it's successful.

Yes Hannah, I did mean you!

So glad it's going well for you, you sound so happy and focussed. I must admit I had quite a downer on SW as a company after reading about the consultants who had to give it up, particularly Rosie, who started this thread. Good to hear that for some it's successful.

Thank you Anne. I am quite a positive person anyway. I'm known to all as happy smiley Hannah, which is lovely to hear.

I understand where Rosie and the other ladies we're coming from. But I see the positives out of it, they push you (not over!). If you get that magic 25 new members you hit 40% and they take 60%. If you don't you get 25% and they take 75%. The better you do, the better money you get and the less slimming world get. Margaret Miles-Bramwell is an absolutely business legend! Yes Slimming world rake it in, but that's just having a great business team.

My support calls each week have been fantastic! I've expressed my in becoming a team developer and we're aiming for that in the next year hopefully. I want to get my group to gold first and then go for it. My group is my priority and to get my amazing members to where they want to be.

It's a lot of hard work, but that's like any business, you have to put hard work, time and effort. I totally agree with Jaylou, if you work full time it'll be a nightmare and tiring. I've been a full time mummy for nearly 4 years now and I just wanted something that I could be Hannah! I love being a Mummy, my children are my life. This is why it's so perfect. The Slimming world training is absolutely amazing! The trainers are on fire with their enthusiasm and you really feel like you're in Hollywood when you visit head office.

Are you going for it Anne? xx

Well done Hannah. I wish I could share the enthusiasm! I still maintain that you can only succeed 100% if you either don't work or work part time.

I just don't have time for constant promotion :-(

Thanks Jaylou. The promotion side of it I enjoy, well leafleting not so much!! I've had so many members from promoting on FB.

Totally agree with you about working full time! I'm a full time mummy and still find it tiring. Just trying to get the balance of home life and SW life. Loving it though. I want to make a career from SW, so I'm going for it 100%! xx

Hi Hannah,

I'm not aiming to be a consultant at the moment, but it's something I'd certainly be interested in, in the future.

At the moment I work full time, and that is my priority.

So glad about your happy outcome. Have the SW trainers been successful with SW or are they just good professional trainers? Where is your group, I may join!

Anne

Hi Hannah,

I'm not aiming to be a consultant at the moment, but it's something I'd certainly be interested in, in the future.

At the moment I work full time, and that is my priority.

So glad about your happy outcome. Have the SW trainers been successful with SW or are they just good professional trainers? Where is your group, I may join!

Anne

Definitely something to think about.

We had a lady called Ursula Van Leeuwen-Hill, she's Slimming Worlds first ever platinum consultant. She's still a consultant too, she's amazing! All the trainers have been consultants but all of them apart from Ursula is now a full time trainer. They're all so so lovely and genuine.

My group is in Bexhill, East Sussex! Where are you based? x

Definitely something to think about.

We had a lady called Ursula Van Leeuwen-Hill, she's Slimming Worlds first ever platinum consultant. She's still a consultant too, she's amazing! All the trainers have been consultants but all of them apart from Ursula is now a full time trainer. They're all so so lovely and genuine.

My group is in Bexhill, East Sussex! Where are you based? x

Currently living in Bromley, south east London. Lots of groups needed here to be honest so good opportunities to be had, BUT, just can't see how it would fit in with a very demanding FT job and commute.

What's your best moment so far, training or your group?

Currently living in Bromley, south east London. Lots of groups needed here to be honest so good opportunities to be had, BUT, just can't see how it would fit in with a very demanding FT job and commute.

Anne, I used to live in Bromley!! I moved from there to Bexhill 3 years ago. I lived in Bromley for 26 years! Wow what a small world! I used to go to Shirley's class on a Monday night in West Wickham or Margaret's on a Tuesday in Farnborough.

Definitely a lot of opportunity in that area. What a small world! x

Anne, I used to live in Bromley!! I moved from there to Bexhill 3 years ago. I lived in Bromley for 26 years! Wow what a small world! I used to go to Shirley's class on a Monday night in West Wickham or Margaret's on a Tuesday in Farnborough.

Definitely a lot of opportunity in that area. What a small world! x

Lucky you moving south! That's always my ambition!

Yes every time I chat to people we seem to have a connection. Nice feeling, sometimes I feel very disconnected in London. That's a good thing about SW, it draws people together.

Hi all, I used to live in Bromley too! Inlaws still do. We moved out 3 years ago to Sutton-at-Hone. Love it!! I've just become a consultant and last Monday was my opening night. I relaunched a group but also changed the venue and time so I treated it as a new group. I had 27 new and 44 in total with existing members following me :) promo is hard but if you do what SOS says you will get the numbers. I work full time and have 3 young kids so my life is mega busy, but my plan is to eventually do SW full time, and this is all being discussed with my DM (I don't have a TD). Xx

Back