A diary of a slimming world consultant

Well what can i say, I know i previously stated that I wouldn't be continuing with my journey, but 4 days is a long time in Matt's world! :rolleyes: I had a really bad day leading up to the morning of the 1st training day, and if your sitting comfortably i'll begin..............
As I was packing the last few things into my case i just thought i should read the room confirmation email from the Derbyshire again, and right at the very bottom it said "YOU MUST RING TO CONFIRM THAT YOU WANT THE ROOM BEFORE TURNING UP." And I hadn't, so a bit annoyed with myself and a bit panicky i started out slightly earlier so that when I arrived at the SW Head Office i could phone them then, the drive up was as smooth as a baby's proverbial, but as I approached junction 28, where you turn off i couldn't see the turn off to SW, so ended up driving round some very scenic areas of Derby, eventually i did find the HO, but as i got in there were no and i mean NOT ONE parking spot! so now it's getting very near me being late for the whole thing, i decided to leave the car at the end of a parking area in the road but just as i was parking a guy wearing a SW jacket said I'm afraid you can't park there sir! to which i snapped back well it's training and there is nowhere to park how stupid is that! i continued, this is ridiculous this is no way to run a company! he then said "well if you go round to the back and go through the bollards at the back there's parking for about 50 cars, to which i said, so where are the signs for that fact!!! (if i see him again i will apologise for being a Jerk!) anyway i parked and dashed back to the reception where by this time everyone had gone up and had a drink and a chat i had a huge luminous green badge given to me with my name on and thats when the very polite lady at the counter said could you please sign in and that was when i realised i had left my reading glasses in the car!!!!:sigh: so i had to go back and get them!:eek: when i got back (again) they had now all finished their drink and were making their way into the the meeting room, so i dashed up and joined them and couldn't find anyone i knew so i just sat in a gap, the first thing Debbie said was please can i ask you all to turn your phones off, AHHHH! i still hadn't phoned the hotel to confirm! :eek: so i thought i know i'll do it at break, so the first section rushes by and it's break, i get into the restaurant get myself a tea and turn the phone back on and would you believe it the Bleddy thing won't come back on!:confused: why i don't have a clue but someone up there somewhere was having a right old laugh at my expense! tea break was over and by this time i'm beggining to think this probably isn't going to be my day!
so i keep trying to get the phone back on up until we are all back into the meeting room and by this time i'm almost besides myself with nerves and panic! so the section leading to lunch starts and 20 minutes into it my phone springs to life Yaay!:p
so i'm thinking i'll phone them at lunch so lunchtime comes and i go out to the foyer and dial the hotel "welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" and so on and so forth so the one i pressed was 0 for the operator and all that did was ring 6 times and then you heard "welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" so i pressed the 1 option and it rang and rang and then ........."welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" by this time i was almost in tears this so far had used up 30 minutes of the 45 minute break and i was at the end of my tether, i went back into the meeting room that was empty and stood there thinking what can i do? I know now, obviously all i should have done was told the reception team about my predicament but my mind was racing at this point so all i could think of doing was running so like an idiot i picked up my stuff and calmly walked out. I sat in my car for 10 minutes looking at the clock as it was getting closer and closer to 2pm and the now obvious fact that i couldn't go back in even if i wanted to because i had wound myself up so much! I phoned the wife and told her my pathetic tale of woe and she said "if you really feel you can't go back in, then don't" so i did no more than start the engine and drive off. :wave_cry: With my mind still working overtime, i ended up driving to the nearest service station and buying a Giant Twix and Giant Mars bar and a bag of Minstrels and i sat in the car crying, eating them:cry:I know it must seem pathetic and idiotic, but it just seemed right and i suppose it was where i used to be safe. The morning after this had all happened I woke up with a huge empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and the only way i could describe it is, it felt like i had lost my long time love we had split and i still obviously loved her! odd maybe but thats exactly how it felt.

Fortunately i have made a few friends on this site and one of them has been a Rock for me during this insane period Thank you Roanne, there were other details in this tale of woe but so as not to leave you too brain dead i have (actually) shortened it. I have today spoken to my TD and am back in the fold and all i have to do now is get her to listen to me when i say i want to start later than advertised (in the year) thank you for trudging through this, and hopefully it will be a happy ending...................more to follow.
Matt

What a day, but good for you for being brave enough to sort things out. x

I think you are going to be an amazing consultant once you get there. (PS don't forget to phone the hotel before you leave next time!!!).

Caretaker, blimey what an awful day you had! I can totally understand how you reacted. Happy you are now working things out.

As for me, I had my interview today and it went great, they offered me the job there and then!!! We then discussed groups, and it was decided I will be starting up a new group right where I live, perfect! can't wait. The area is mostly terraces so that's good for leafletting! Will be going for days 1&2 6th/7th Sep. having read this whole thread I am aware it is really hard work but I can't wait!!

D x

Caretaker, blimey what an awful day you had! I can totally understand how you reacted. Happy you are now working things out.

As for me, I had my interview today and it went great, they offered me the job there and then!!! We then discussed groups, and it was decided I will be starting up a new group right where I live, perfect! can't wait. The area is mostly terraces so that's good for leafletting! Will be going for days 1&2 6th/7th Sep. having read this whole thread I am aware it is really hard work but I can't wait!!

D x

Look forward to seeing you at training :) x

Sorry to hear about your rough start Matt

I also had a rough start of course I should have taken the signs put in front of me and took my money and ran a hundred miles the other direction but you just sound like u had bad luck

Mine goes like this.....

I took over my group on new years eve (what a night to give up your social life)

I took over the existing groups data on Xmas eve and then I had to message them all happy Xmas I hope to see u at group I'm taking over next week blah blah blah (again what a night to give up)

So then I did training, first two days were fine. I took my lap top to my boyfriends house to do the diplomas while I was at work the lap top got stolen from my car and they smashed all my windows in costing me a lot of money

Luckily slimming world were amazing as they always are and said not to worry and they sent out a new laptop should have come by 20th December.

So now it's Xmas eve still no laptop and the groups now officially released to me. So I drive on the a40 heading to central London on Xmas eve (imagine the traffic) to get to the city link dept.

The poor guys didn't know what hit them at closing time on Xmas eve I demand they sort through all the Xmas post and find my lap top. 1 hour later they do. I get my laptop and I carry on with my work

Day before opening night I'm out postering I hit a pot hole and bam. My car shuts down. I call out the aa and they said my car when into a safety mode and he just pushed a button under my bonnet and I was on my way.

2nd lot of training in jan was thick snow and we had to dig each of our cars out of the Derbyshire hotel to get to training (brilliant team work) again slimming world people were amazing

It was never plain sailing for me but I never gave up....well not until 4 months later

I hope it all works out for u.

Rosie x

Lol could u have a quiet word with "the boss" and bring our roanne back. I promise to keep everyone in this thread on the straight and narrow

Hi,

Roanne can sit out the 1 month infraction Starlight handed out. We have banned people for less.

It is clearly in the rules that we do not allow the soliciting of our members to join other social network groups.

Ive removed the posts, this thread either gets back on track or it gets closed and/or removed.

Pierce

Oops weve been naughty. Ok

So who wants to work for slimming world? How's the groups going errrmmmm lol.

On a positive note after months after resigning ive finally got the all clear on the stock etc and I don't owe any money which I thought I might as my stock got messed up and they thought I had more hi fi bars than I actually did. But it's all sorted.

Someone else speak now lol x

I really don't know what to say! Lol. Think it's all got a bit silly....

Glad you got all the stock sorted out finally Rosie :) that's a big relief for you I'm sure

Leafletting is one of the main reasons I decided not to be a consultant. I was told it could take 12 Sundays a year, I can't do that many Sundays, plus another 12 for monthly meetings. We put junk mail straight in the bin, so I personally see it as a waste of time. I had access to a website and social media page that could get out to 12000 people, so i think that was worth more than leafletting. :-(

I suppose it is all part of growing your business and every avenue of promotion needs to be tried to enable you to get the members in. I will be using social media as well as the tried and tested methods to start with and see what really works. I want to succeed at this so I am happy to leaflet when needed plus I've got lots of people that are willing to help which is a bonus :)

I suppose it is all part of growing your business and every avenue of promotion needs to be tried to enable you to get the members in. I will be using social media as well as the tried and tested methods to start with and see what really works. I want to succeed at this so I am happy to leaflet when needed plus I've got lots of people that are willing to help which is a bonus :)

Back