A diary of a slimming world consultant

Lol was that meant for anyone in particular nickyjoy? Lol

X

Oh I see! Lol v funny!
well it's count down now 2 hours til my interview!
waiting for my husband to come home to look after my baby boy so I can get ready and go!
nervous but excited!
xx

Well I'm home after my interview and now must wait for their decision x

Hello Alice

Yes it wasn't too bad and I think I did ok but who knows xxx
Am excited though never the less

So where is your new group and is it currently thriving? The one I am thinking of relaunching needs a lot of hugs and tlc so am eager to look after that group!

When r u thinking of starting and going to SW hq?

Xxx

im rethinking everything as i dont think im ready to take on two groups and dont think there is much more of an option for me it seems to be all or nothing. might leave training for now and come back to if when there is a single group up for grabs.

I'm wracking my brains trying to remember now Della lol!!! Got so much going round in my head :). Started going through what roads I'm going to leaflet and working out how many leaflets I will need, just need to count them out (I feel a job for my 9 year old coming on!! Lol) still wondering if I'm doing the right thing but I'm sure that will pass once I have done my first group.....or maybe it won't??!!

Well done to all those newbies that have got through the interview. :) xx

Hi Sarah

What is making you rethink things? Do you think it's just anticipation nervousness? Are there more groups in your area?
I know I fear no one turning up on my 1st night! But I guess most fear and have nightmares of that!!!
Leafleting is my greatest concern but I guess once you get going time passes quickly & as long as ur organised you will be great!!
Good luck - love reading the thread and your comments xxx

Ok Sarah here's a clue! If you look at secrets of success section 2.1, it's related to the sixth prong down of the seven prong attack! Lol.

Re: leaflets, that's actually the one I'm least worried about, I did 500 for my consultant last campaign so I know I can do it, and I have a few helpers. Top tip - count out 100 leaflets, then weigh them, then you don't have to count the rest you can just make bundles that weigh the same. I'm more worried about community activities and posters as taking to strangers makes me nervous lol!! I can do it though.

Don't worry everyone, existing consultants always tell me the first three months of being a consultant are so busy and they didn't think they could do it, some even said they hated it. but once it all calmed down they loved it and were so glad they didn't give up, so stick with it!!

I would say if you are having any doubts at all, then really really carefully consider your options. I am sure Rosie will agree.
Go with your gut feeling.

Leaflets are hard and helpers won't be so keen on the third or fourth time and will they want to leaflet in Boxing Day?
In not trying to put a downer on things, just dating think long and hard, doubts are there to be considered.
Good luck :)

I would say if you are having any doubts at all, then really really carefully consider your options. I am sure Rosie will agree.
Go with your gut feeling.

Leaflets are hard and helpers won't be so keen on the third or fourth time and will they want to leaflet in Boxing Day?
In not trying to put a downer on things, just dating think long and hard, doubts are there to be considered.
Good luck :)
Interesting post
are you a consultant jaylou?
i believe if you go onto it with your eyes open then you may be wanting the challenge, which I do believe it is!
thanks for your opinion though x

Hi eyeryone, Im a new consultant just about to start my promoting this weekend & only just found this thread... there were times reading this when I thought "oh no what have I done?" and reading it a few months ago might've actually changed my mind but its too late now so im hoping I can make it succeed

Good luck everyone! x

Interesting post
are you a consultant jaylou?
i believe if you go onto it with your eyes open then you may be wanting the challenge, which I do believe it is!
thanks for your opinion though x
Yes, I am and have been for sometime. My group is a good one but it started at rock bottom.
Definitely go in with your eyes open but it is a real challenge and not all the hearts and flowers its made out to be at times. It's also down to a lot more factors than hard work - two people could do the same amount of promo and get very different results, groups around you impact this as does the area you live in. SW say 25 posters per group, get real I say, not where my group is!! 3000 leaflets is just about doable before I get too far out of the area.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a consultant but I have seen a lot of my fellow consultants leave after a few months, wishing they'd gone with their gut feeling at the start.

Ive decided to go for it. i have got pre training on tuesday. i did help out at the group they are thinking of giving me this week. it had 30 attend and 2 new members just at the first session. Only about 10 stayed! so i think my challenge is going to be to gey them to stay and get what they pay for.

Ive decided to go for it. i have got pre training on tuesday. i did help out at the group they are thinking of giving me this week. it had 30 attend and 2 new members just at the first session. Only about 10 stayed! so i think my challenge is going to be to gey them to stay and get what they pay for.

Fantastic news Alice!
Good luck and how exciting!!
When is your training at HQ? Do you know yet?
Excited for you! Let's keep in touch xxx

Not heard yet - hopefully by tomorrow end of the day.
I am very appreciative of all the advice - good and not so good comments - I'm taking it all in and making my own decisions and opinions

I don't think you get anything for nothing so am well aware of the hard work that SW will be but I'm also hoping for fun times and a sense of achievements and success too. I'm sure there will be tears but tell me where you can work without that happening?! Lol

When are you hoping to get started Alice

Good luck xxx

Back