A diary of a slimming world consultant

Ive not done leaflets yet, just busy trying to get prepared for that this weekend. There seems to be endless stuff to do as i really want to be prepared to do my best for my lovely ladies. I wrote my editorial in the first week but im not hopefull of getting it in anywhere. A consultant starting with me though is getting hers in a big paper today.

Well done Caretaker, that's a great start. Your group will grow in the next few weeks.

Ldt - yes I love being a consultant. My group is great, love seeing how their lives are changing as they're losing weight.

I also wonder how Hannah and DloveSW is getting on? Anyone know xxx

Well done Caretaker, that's a great start. Your group will grow in the next few weeks. Ldt - yes I love being a consultant. My group is great, love seeing how their lives are changing as they're losing weight.

Wonderful! That's such great news littlemissslim! What's the size of your group and how many weeks/months u been going?
So excited xxx

Exciting times :) well done everyone you are an inspiration!!

I posted the questions below a couple of weeks ago but I think they probably got lost in the thread and so didn't get any responses so thought I'd repost them to see if anyone has any experience of a similar situation to offer ...

After a short break, my C is now back to trying to convince me to go for consultant myself :) There are a couple of groups up for grabs in the area with one being about 20-25 minutes drive away (single session) and the other being 30-35 minutes drive away (double session - I think that's the right terminology) but I'm not sure about taking on groups that are so far away. Could be a pain in the backside when it comes to promoting/leafleting etc? Anyone on here have groups that far away? How do you find it?

Plus a new question - for those consultants/consultants-to-be who have taken over/relaunched an existing group, were you given access to the historical attendance figures for the group in order to decide whether or not to take it?

Hi, my group is about 25 mins away, around 19 miles each way. Yes, it is a pain, add an hour onto each time you go out promoting, no quick nipping out to do a few. It's an area I don't live in so I don't know the shops, facilities, schools etc so no rapport with people which I have in my own town.
I am not looking forward to winter setting in as we are very rural and we have to open group every week.
They are all things to consider. I have had my group since January and I wouldn't change it but I really wish I had one local!

As as for historical figures, yes you can get them. Ask to see past plans for success books, these are where we keep our figures, although I'm not sure you would see these in detail but i would think you would get an idea of numbers.

Hope this helps.

Hey everyone! So I had my 1st group last night! Brand new group - Got 20 new and 9 existing (some transferring to my group, some just visiting) so 29 paid in all. Didn't fast track as you need 25 new for that but I don't mind I'm just so glad the first night is over, as I was terrified about doing my new member talk to the whole room bit I managed it, no perfect but no-one starts a new job perfect so they. So excited to help my members lose weight they all seem really lovely :D

Well done Dlovessw
I bet you did fantastically well!! Happy for you!
Bet you a re relieved that your hard work has paid off too! 20 is a lot of people!
Xxx

Hi all! Just wanted to drop by and update you on my progress. I did my last group last week after lasting 2 months. I work full time and doing that and trying to give your group 100% is impossible. I was shattered and I decided that no matter how much I want to help others and do something I wanted to, I just couldn't. And the uncertainty of earnings meant I couldn't give up my full time job. It took over my life and my health began to suffer and I didn't have time for my family or friends. It broke me. No matter how much you think you know, you really don't until you start doing it yourself. For those who can be a consultant and work full time I salute you. I personally would not recommend doing both. I did love being a consultant but I feel like I have me back now. I am smiling again! Hope you are all ok. X

Sorry to hear that PurpleClouds, but glad that you are happy. I totally understand, I find it hard to find the time and I don't work at all! (Well i'm on maternity leave from other job). Do have a 6 month old and nearly 3 year old at home though. I did my first group last week.

Sorry to hear that PurpleClouds, but glad that you are happy. I totally understand, I find it hard to find the time and I don't work at all! (Well i'm on maternity leave from other job). Do have a 6 month old and nearly 3 year old at home though. I did my first group last week.

Hope it's all going well for you and loving it?! X

Purple clouds, it takes a brave person to step away from it all. It is incredibly hard work, I also work full time and find SW very consuming. It's constant, promo is constant and it is push push push. Fab for people who work part time or fir who it is their only job but so hard when you have a job.

You gave it a go, at least you know now and won't forever be thinking "what if"

i do love it though but it's not much money for the hours you put in.

I work full time but for me it's the fact that I was so overweight in my time, that i have no social life and I think that's the key, if you work full time and have a life then it will be hard, I would like my group to be so successful that I could then move to a smaller job in a year I would love to be so successful I could do it full time. That's a LONG Way off but I have to say honestly it's my dream! At the moment I'm laying the foundations of my Cathedral (if you have been to days 1+2 you will know what I'm talking about) we are rushed into groups we are barely trained but I think it's the way we are tested to see if we will/can make it I'm really lucky I have a TD that is really and I mean Really, supportive and that's the other key part of making it work. Happy days :)

Just done my first day of leaflet delivery, i was really luck and managed to have some helpers. I think we managed about 2000 in the rain! A little soul destroying. Two full on weeks of promotion to go and i still dont feel like i know what im doing.

You're doing great Alice!
Keep it up! Let us know abt your promotions and experiences it's very very inspiring and helpful
What date do you open? X

Just done my first day of leaflet delivery, i was really luck and managed to have some helpers. I think we managed about 2000 in the rain! A little soul destroying. Two full on weeks of promotion to go and i still dont feel like i know what im doing.
Hi there, thats what we all think mate and to be fair we don't know everything, but we are not supposed to, they want us to shine through and just be us, there's loads dare I say most of it I don't know but each group that goes by I'm learning more.
keep your chin up and before long you'll asking different questions about other aspects of the whole process, you'll be surprised, but we won't be :)

Thanks caretaker for your wise words
It's great to get additional support from people who know how it is!! X

Thanks caretaker, this weeks going by in a blur! I had my group last night but just observing i did the new member talk to 5 new, which was my first time! The lady on relief forgot her pda so was late weighing, people walked out etc no Very happy. People saying they were leaving group, they have had enough. Its knocked me a little and made me question everything. I had to do my first interest table last night also as there wa nothing at all jusr a sad raffle and a slimmer of the week basket! I guess ill carry on, but you do keep getting the knocks it is hard to stay positive.

Back