A diary of a slimming world consultant

For anyone starting this journey or considering it, you really need to be unemployed to give this your all. It's very very hard work when you've already got a job, part or full time.
You find you miss out on SW things because you're working.

sorry to hear you are leaving but I completely understand. What you said above, I have said all along. I really think this is a job for someone who doesn't work, or works part time. In fact I don't think it's possible to give 100% while working full time! I know I can't.

Good luck with the baby and look after yourself. Xx

This is my first post do hope it appears ok!
ove read this whole thread and thx to every1 that's added there experiences it's a great insight to the world of SW!
I'm going to an ops event in a few weeks, I went to one a few years ago so know what to expect but was full time at the time so know I couldn't give it my all, I've now recently returned to work 4days per week after mat leave and feel it could be the right time to become a consultant to not only help members but hopefully in the future earn brought to maybe drop another day at work and look at an additional TD role, I have been approached re this by my DM & Local TD for a while now but wanted to wait until the time is right, my day job is long hours which I miss my daughter terribly but it's my career so don't want to give it up but would love to drop another day at some point so I had more 'day time' hours with my daughter as could do the majority of SW when she's in bed (obviously not the leafleting)
Lovely to meet you all xxx

Just got back from days 3 & 4 with the irrepressible Ursula leading, another great weekend really enjoyed it had a good laugh and learnt boat loads amazing! ;)

Sounds like you really enjoyed training caretaker!
Have you taken over your other group yet? You must be so busy! :)

Sounds like you really enjoyed training caretaker!
Have you taken over your other group yet? You must be so busy! :)
Hi there mate, I asked my TD last night if I can talk about it this week actually, there a couple of options which I will find out about but I'm hoping it won't cost me..........too much, they are a great group and in the lat two week I have had 10 new members I really like the people and they seem to, dare I say............like me :) so good times.
i am very busy but it's the balancing act I have to do to make this work, I want 3 groups all at double session, so I can eventually leave my at present full time job but it won't be easy to do but that's my choice I have to make it work. Happy days.

It was my last group last night and it was emotional.
It was hard saying goodbye to all the lovely people, ESP my social team.
Lots of hugs and tears and promises to pop in every so often and bring baby in for cuddles <3

However I was very ill yesterday so it made me realise that this is totally the right decision for me.
I had my own C helping me out, bless her, she's been fab and I will still be on her social team for as long as I can and I will be going back to her group after baby is born.

Now begins the task of getting all my stock counted, etc and waiting for HO to give me a date and time to pick up all my stuff.
I want it all out of my house, the sooner the better!!

Will miss the group, but very relieved its all over x

Caretaker 3 groups sounds like something amazing to aspire too! How are u finding your current groups and balancing them with a full time job? X
Dougal def sounds lik ur'v made the right decision for u & ur bubba! Is it ur first? May I ask would u of continued ur group if u hadn't been pregnant/so poorly? X

Caretaker 3 groups sounds like something amazing to aspire too! How are u finding your current groups and balancing them with a full time job? X
Dougal def sounds lik ur'v made the right decision for u & ur bubba! Is it ur first? May I ask would u of continued ur group if u hadn't been pregnant/so poorly? X

Yeh my first. I did plan to, but had no idea I'd be so ill!
Pregnancy has changed my way of thinking tho and I think, realistically, I prob would have gone on maternity leave and not come back. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So exciting for you! Good luck and hope the rest of your pregnancy is a happy healthy one!
My lil'girl is almost 1 (goes so fast!) and I hope to have more children where I'd like to do SW throughout pregnancy & mat leave of my other job fingers crossed it works out :) x

Hi all

I just wanted to let you all know that I've resigned from Slimming World.

I've been very ill with my pregnancy so far and it's given me time to think about what I want once baby is here and a Slimming World group isn't one of them!
Its hard work and I've not been enjoying it for a while so decided to finish things now instead of going on maternity leave.

I've been very lucky, in that I emailed my TD and DM today and basically they know how ill I've been and was aware I wasn't happy, so they've managed to get cover for my group straight away meaning Monday will be my last group!

I'm a little bit sad as my group are lovely people but I'm also very relieved its over and so soon. I'm ever so grateful to SW for giving me this opportunity and I'm glad I gave it a go but it's not for me.

Good luck to you all of you starting your journeys as consultants x

I'm 14 weeks, so I've got a long way to go still and I just figured if I'm struggling now what am I going to be like when I'm 30 weeks?

It is a shame and I will be sad to see it end in a way, but it's also a big relief.
It's a massive stress that I really don't need right now x

Yeh my first. I did plan to, but had no idea I'd be so ill!
Pregnancy has changed my way of thinking tho and I think, realistically, I prob would have gone on maternity leave and not come back. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just caught up on this thread, as I haven't read it for a few weeks, and very sad to read that you have ended your time as a C Dougal, as I followed your story from the very beginning, and did wonder when you said that you were pregnant, how on earth you were going to fit it all in, and admired you for your determination to do so.

Sorry to read too that you have been unwell, and hope that now that the stress and strain of being a C has been lifted, that you will feel better xxxx

Hi everyone, I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I am going for stages 1 & 2 of training on the 13th & 14th of December. To say I am excited is an understatement

Hi everyone, I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I am going for stages 1 & 2 of training on the 13th & 14th of December. To say I am excited is an understatement ?[/QUOTE

Hi Kimbers
You will love training - makes you hungry for more!! :) SW HQ is fab! And the trainers and dining is great too!! Enjoy xxx
Where are you having your group? X

Just caught up on this thread, as I haven't read it for a few weeks, and very sad to read that you have ended your time as a C Dougal, as I followed your story from the very beginning, and did wonder when you said that you were pregnant, how on earth you were going to fit it all in, and admired you for your determination to do so.

Sorry to read too that you have been unwell, and hope that now that the stress and strain of being a C has been lifted, that you will feel better xxxx
Aww thank you, that's such a lovely thing to say :)

I'm still quite ill so I've definitely made the right decision x

Kimbers I'm excited for you!! Have things moved quickly since ur ops event & interview? When r u opening ur group?
X
Ps reached my target last night eeeek 5 stone 5 lbs since Jan :) x

Kimbers I'm excited for you!! Have things moved quickly since ur ops event & interview? When r u opening ur group? X Ps reached my target last night eeeek 5 stone 5 lbs since Jan :) x

Thank you! I am going to open the first week in January, it's too good an opportunity to miss. Very exciting!

ldt2911 - I can't wait till December. I have a lot to cram in before then, I really need to get my Christmas list sorted early for once lol. No time for last minute shopping! I will be opening in Ayrshire in Scotland.

Fantastic time to open your group Kimbers!

ldt2911 have you found out what group your starting in January?

Fantastic time to open your group Kimbers! ldt2911 have you found out what group your starting in January?

Oh yes I have a relaunch of an evening group in Royston on a Thursday night from 2nd January !! Very excited xxx

Great time for you to relaunch too then Hun!!
Do the same goals apply for a brand new group compared to a relaunch of an existing group (eg 25 new members etc?) x

Back