A diary of a slimming world consultant

Congratulations Mammamia! I stayed at the Premier Inn Mansfield which is literally next door to the Derbyshire. See if there is someone else on pretraining you can share with to minimise the costs. Training is fab. The next couple of months will pass you by in a whirl, exhausting but in a good way, a definite emotional roller coaster for me!
update on my group, relaunched nearly 2 weeks ago now, fast tracked to next stage, only needed 1 more this week to go to next category, that is my goal for this month to get to C category. :) x

Thanks girls....meeting my team developer this week so will see if there's anyone else travelling from Ireland that weekend...be great if I could share taxi costs etc....don't really fancy car hire when I'm unfamiliar with the area:)

Would you need to taxi from those hotels to HO or are they within walking distance??

Last edited:
Thanks girls....meeting my team developer this week so will see if there's anyone else travelling from Ireland that weekend...be great if I could share taxi costs etc....don't really fancy car hire when I'm unfamiliar with the area:)

Would you need to taxi from those hotels to HO or are they within walking distance??

Once u r at the hotel I am sure u will get chatting to other new consultants and probably get a lift to h/o. If not then it's a short cab ride. :) x

Had an extra drop in and weigh session at my group yesterday due to bank holiday and overall had 5 new members and going to next stage :) just need to keep them all coming every week now! x

Thanks Sarah....will find out if there's anyone else travelling from here those days....am so excited now :):)

Hi mammamia17 what date is your pre training in Ireland . I'm doing mine on the 22 nd of May ??? I assume I'll be on day 1 and 2 in June also ... It would be mad if we were on it together... What part of Ireland are you in

Hi Sallyrattles.....I'm pre-training 22nd too :)....I'm in Roscommon...just outside Athlone.....where are you?? I asked my TD today was there many going & and she said she thinks there are a few!!! If so it'll be great cos we can share a transfer from East Midlands....I don't fancy driving in the UK!!

Hi all ive just spent the last few days reading the entire thread I must admit it was very addictive gutted got to the end lol im attending my second ops event this saturday as apparently the costing has changed not that this has put me off ive wanted to be a consultant for a few years but left it till I was ready well done to the new consultants on here ure doing great

Hi Sallyrattles.....I'm pre-training 22nd too :)....I'm in Roscommon...just outside Athlone.....where are you?? I asked my TD today was there many going & and she said she thinks there are a few!!! If so it'll be great cos we can share a transfer from East Midlands....I don't fancy driving in the UK!!

Wow ow what's the chances in small Ireland I'm coming from Sligo ... I don't no what dates for uk yet but I assume its prob same as you so if pre training is the same,,, have u booked flights ? Knock ?.

Wow ow what's the chances in small Ireland I'm coming from Sligo ... I don't no what dates for uk yet but I assume its prob same as you so if pre training is the same,,, have u booked flights ? Knock ?.

That's great....the flights out of knock are at a much better time...was hoping there'd be one or two going from there.....better than having to be in Dublin at the crack of dawn :) My team developer is going to find out from HO if I should go ahead & book....so hopefully will know in a day or two....leaving it to 22nd would be a bit late. She said perhaps HO would book the hotel & airport tranfers but she'll let me know....was looking at the Derbyshire Hotel....looks nice!!

When did you do your interview? Or when did you hear you got it....you'll probably get an envelope with all the info shortly....I got mine the other day....had all the dates in it :) Going to the bank on Friday to set up my business bank account!!

Great minds think a like.. The times are better from knock . I got the envelope last month with all dates etc an was to do pre training in April but I had to prospone it as I was offered a double franchise an I'd only budgeted for a single so I'd to put it off to save the extra. So I haven't got a new envelope yet ...but TD told me pre training is 22nd... I just priced a hire car for the 3 days thursday to Sunday €56 not bad ..return taxi is £80 .. I wouldn't mind driving in the uk as I've a good sat nav... Have you been offered a group yet ?

€56 is ok....I can go halves with you if you'd like company....if we're the only ones going from Knock ..my hubby used to drive from East Midlands to Lincoln for work & he said I'd be to nervous on the M1....am inclined to agree with him!! I've been offered an existing group in Ballymahon which is about 30 mins drive for me so not too bad.....but I'm going for the double franchise too so I'll be getting another one closer to home by August ....am currently clearing out my utility room getting ready to make space for all the stuff!!

€56 is ok....I can go halves with you if you'd like company....if we're the only ones going from Knock ..my hubby used to drive from East Midlands to Lincoln for work & he said I'd be to nervous on the M1....am inclined to agree with him!! I've been offered an existing group in Ballymahon which is about 30 mins drive for me so not too bad.....but I'm going for the double franchise too so I'll be getting another one closer to home by August ....am currently clearing out my utility room getting ready to make space for all the stuff!!

I drive for for a living I'm a rep for a make up company so I'm used to driving I'd give anything a lash.. We must have the same TD Siobhan ?? What's the chances ..??? .. I'm delighted to no someone else from the west is going ...ill no tomorrow maybe for def about my uk dates but I'd say I'm the same as you as they hope to have me in my group for July .....have you booked the hotel I'd be happy to share also ( thats if your not an ax murderer that is lol lol )

Last edited:
I drive for for a living I'm a rep for a make up company so I'm used to driving I'd give anything a lash.. We must have the same TD Siobhan ?? What's the chances ..??? .. I'm delighted to no someone else from the west is going ...ill no tomorrow maybe for def about my uk dates but I'd say I'm the same as you as they hope to have me in my group for July .....have you booked the hotel I'd be happy to share also ( thats if your not an ax murderer that is lol lol )

LOL on the axe murderer bit!!!! No, I'd be happy to share a twin room....its only €187 for the room in Derbyshire Hotel (which my consultant says is fab.....plus it has a pool) so that's be only €94 each....not bad....and the flights are really cheap!!

My team developer is Caroline, although I have met Siobhan too....they're both really nice. Have to start buying some bits & pieces now....those little plastic drawers for holding all the awards etc....

Back