A diary of a slimming world consultant

How do you know so much about what happens next?? I haven't a clue... Is the 15 day promo the exact 15 days before we start our groups ?? I wonder should I take a few weeks off work running up to it ...
the editorial ***** where to start .......I hate talking about myself ... But better get used to it . Aaaaahhhhh

:)`I don't know as much as it might seem!! I met my TD last week and she gave me some check lists to look through and said we'll get more in Cavan. We have to visit some other groups (run by Team Developers ideally) to see them in action :):) We have to take part in the social team & see how everything is done....then our leafltet drops....posters....get the editorials in the paper, adverts....the nerves will be shattered!!! I'm not sure if its the exact 15 days before launch but it probably is....between 15 days, 7 pronged attack, & the magical 25 new members I'm already confused!!

That full monty set looks like good value....would love them all stuck over my little Nissan Note!!

Have you both read back over this thread for helpful advice.

This was posted by an ex consultant not long ago.:)

Have read a good bit of the thread....when I was debating with myself whether to go for it or not....least I'm going into it with a realistic idea now of the work that'll be involved....I wanted to stick with my own bank and they said same as Sallyrattles, that I'd be better with a business start-up account for it.....though whether bankers can be trusted remains to be seen....

Morning all. Ladies your Secrets of Success consists of 2 large quite heavy ring binders so a checked bag between you might be a good idea. Just weighed both folders, was 3.5 kilos.
Your 15 day promotion is the 15 days immediately before relaunch. If your group is on say a Thursday, you will have an extra few days as you start with your leafleting on the Sunday. If you work and have a few days leave you can use it would be an idea as it can get pretty busy, even if you just use it for a breather. Lots of luck to you all, I have my 4th week (of them being my group) tonight then days 3&4 training bank holiday weekend, don't know where the time is going! X

Morning all. Ladies your Secrets of Success consists of 2 large quite heavy ring binders so a checked bag between you might be a good idea. Just weighed both folders, was 3.5 kilos.
Your 15 day promotion is the 15 days immediately before relaunch. If your group is on say a Thursday, you will have an extra few days as you start with your leafleting on the Sunday. If you work and have a few days leave you can use it would be an idea as it can get pretty busy, even if you just use it for a breather. Lots of luck to you all, I have my 4th week (of them being my group) tonight then days 3&4 training bank holiday weekend, don't know where the time is going! X

Do we get lap top scales etc at training? And all the other stuff or when does that arrive ..must make room

Depending on who we go with we get 18 months free.But we have to show our business set up costs,expected turnover for the first 12 months,registered business address.
If you are registering a business account and using your home to store products make sure your home insurers know your using your home for a business as it can affect your policy.Look at you home policy and see what it says.
If your in rented accommodation see what it says on your contract about running a business from it.

I would just think about opening a normal account until you are sure your going to be a consultant for a length of time.

If you pull out in say 2 months is there anything in the banks T&C for any charges?

Just make sure your not going to be worse off for having a business start up account if you stop being a consultant withing the 2 years.:)

Not trying to put a damper on your venture but make sure all corners are covered.:)

I'm sure someone who knows how it all works would be more helpful then me.There again perhaps they haven't notified their insurers etc.;)

Thanks for all this.....I have the account already set up so will leave it....but never thought of home insurance....knew I'd have to add small business use to my car ins but never thought of the house.....would the Slimming world ins cover stock/laptop etc....I know they told us it covers damage/theft etc......think I'm having information overload!!!

Hi Dawnydeedee ....your group is a bit of a distance from you isn't it? How are you finding it?? My first group is about 30mins away....am hoping its not going to be a nightmare for promotion, though I used to live close to it some years back so at least its a bit familiar!

Hi Dawnydeedee ....your group is a bit of a distance from you isn't it? How are you finding it?? My first group is about 30mins away....am hoping its not going to be a nightmare for promotion, though I used to live close to it some years back so at least its a bit familiar!
Yes my group is 30 mins drive away. Being totally honest I didn't know the area at all so found it bit difficult to get my head round where to go to promote as it is a bit rural too. Now I know the area a bit better I think this next promotion will be a bit easier. Just need to be organised and make sure you are not just going for one thing - take posters when leafleting so don't have to go back, do school run promotion on same morning/aft as toddlers etc.
When you have time, print off a street map and go on the Royal Mail site and put in street names and it will tell you how many houses are on that street so you can make a detailed plan of where to target with your leaflets. You can only do 50 a day but can swap to another computer/phone etc. not sure if this works in Ireland but there will be something similar I am sure. x

Yes my group is 30 mins drive away. Being totally honest I didn't know the area at all so found it bit difficult to get my head round where to go to promote as it is a bit rural too. Now I know the area a bit better I think this next promotion will be a bit easier. Just need to be organised and make sure you are not just going for one thing - take posters when leafleting so don't have to go back, do school run promotion on same morning/aft as toddlers etc.
When you have time, print off a street map and go on the Royal Mail site and put in street names and it will tell you how many houses are on that street so you can make a detailed plan of where to target with your leaflets. You can only do 50 a day but can swap to another computer/phone etc. not sure if this works in Ireland but there will be something similar I am sure. x

Thanks for that....am having a major attack of the nerves this morning....but hopefully all will be ok.....dying to get stuck in....just the waiting til pre-training next week I guess....Whats a school run promotion....do you wait & the school gates and hand out leaflets?

I don't no whether to pee myself with excitement puke with nerves ..... All that's to be done aaaaahhhhhh pre training hurry up so I can get my head round a lot....

Hi all consultants with existing groups. How do you all find Facebook / twitter ?? Do they work for ye .. Does it generate more members or does it really make a difference to holding onto the ones you have

Thanks for that....am having a major attack of the nerves this morning....but hopefully all will be ok.....dying to get stuck in....just the waiting til pre-training next week I guess....Whats a school run promotion....do you wait & the school gates and hand out leaflets?
You can buy back issues of the mag for 10p each. I bought a load and gave out with sticker on with my group details and a yes you can leaflet. Mags are also good to leave in hairdressers, doctors etc x

Hi all consultants with existing groups. How do you all find Facebook / twitter ?? Do they work for ye .. Does it generate more members or does it really make a difference to holding onto the ones you have
Early days for me with this yet, not many use my group page at the moment but keep posting things and plugging it at group. My group was on relief for a long time so need a bit of tlc. The group I attend has a very active fb group that more or less runs itself. I have had someone rejoin from mine and good to keep sharing offers on so only time will tell x

You can buy back issues of the mag for 10p each. I bought a load and gave out with sticker on with my group details and a yes you can leaflet. Mags are also good to leave in hairdressers, doctors etc x

That sounds like a great idea....could drop some into toddler groups etc too :)

Hi Everyone, I have been reading this thread with great interest, After losing 8 stones with Slimming World in 18 months myself I have been thinking a lot about becoming a consultant.. I went to an opportunity even last month, had my interview and have been accepted to become a consultant, Its all happening so quickly :)) Im so so excited!!!! :))) it looks like I will be going the Derby on the 6 / 7th June for my training.. currently looking for my venue.. think I found one, will go with my district manager to do a second viewing tomorrow so if all goes well looks like we will secure it.. I still haven't done my pre training.. waiting for confirmation date... looks like I may be seeing some you in derby in June.. looking forward to it, anyway, just wanted to say Hi :) xx

Hi Everyone, I have been reading this thread with great interest, After losing 8 stones with Slimming World in 18 months myself I have been thinking a lot about becoming a consultant.. I went to an opportunity even last month, had my interview and have been accepted to become a consultant, Its all happening so quickly :)) Im so so excited!!!! :))) it looks like I will be going the Derby on the 6 / 7th June for my training.. currently looking for my venue.. think I found one, will go with my district manager to do a second viewing tomorrow so if all goes well looks like we will secure it.. I still haven't done my pre training.. waiting for confirmation date... looks like I may be seeing some you in derby in June.. looking forward to it, anyway, just wanted to say Hi :) xx
Wow, well done you! It is definitely a roller coaster ride from here! ;) lots of luck to you all x

I give them out everywhere. I ordered extra to put on the chairs for relaunch night and have them on chairs in new member area too, everybody likes a freebie! :) x

How ow many new members did you get rounded up for your opening night ?? Did you get the 25

im trying to get my game on for the 15 days promo what are the 6 prongs again ? Leaflets .editorial in paper ?? Posters .

Back