A diary of a slimming world consultant

How ow many new members did you get rounded up for your opening night ?? Did you get the 25

im trying to get my game on for the 15 days promo what are the 6 prongs again ? Leaflets .editorial in paper ?? Posters .
Yes I did over my qualifying weeks (with a few family members!) found it to be so much emphasis on the magic 25. Hit stage 3 last week (50 paying members) which was my third week.
Prongs - leaflets, posters, editorial, banner, A frame, social media, community activities. They will help you plan your 15 day promo at pretraining but good to have an idea of what doing when. I work elsewhere 3 days too so had social media/lapsed members/writing posters down to do on those evenings. Just try and be as prepared as you can. I started buying boxes, SOW basket etc as soon as I decided was going for it.
My recommendations for things you will need are -
SOW basket, storage tubs for new member packs, pay & weigh, new member area, interest table stuff, shop, container/file for certificates and stickers, file for tool kit, 2 cash tins for pay and shop, extension cable, tablecloths (single flat sheets), stationery - pens, notepads, clipboards, blutac, dayglos stars, refreshments, raffle tickets, pots for raffle money and charity pot for 5ps, pads for TFT, bike lock for a frame....!!
Not saying you will need all of those, you may have other ideas but just an idea of things you can be picking up in advance. Take a good look round the group you go to and see what they have, if possible go and help set up at your group and take pics/make notes. Hope some of this helps x

Hi Everyone, I have been reading this thread with great interest, After losing 8 stones with Slimming World in 18 months myself I have been thinking a lot about becoming a consultant.. I went to an opportunity even last month, had my interview and have been accepted to become a consultant, Its all happening so quickly :)) Im so so excited!!!! :))) it looks like I will be going the Derby on the 6 / 7th June for my training.. currently looking for my venue.. think I found one, will go with my district manager to do a second viewing tomorrow so if all goes well looks like we will secure it.. I still haven't done my pre training.. waiting for confirmation date... looks like I may be seeing some you in derby in June.. looking forward to it, anyway, just wanted to say Hi :) xx

Hi slimmingworld-fairy....well done on your weigh loss...we'll look forward to meeting you in HO on 6/7th June!!! :)

Yes I did over my qualifying weeks (with a few family members!) found it to be so much emphasis on the magic 25. Hit stage 3 last week (50 paying members) which was my third week.
Prongs - leaflets, posters, editorial, banner, A frame, social media, community activities. They will help you plan your 15 day promo at pretraining but good to have an idea of what doing when. I work elsewhere 3 days too so had social media/lapsed members/writing posters down to do on those evenings. Just try and be as prepared as you can. I started buying boxes, SOW basket etc as soon as I decided was going for it.
My recommendations for things you will need are -
SOW basket, storage tubs for new member packs, pay & weigh, new member area, interest table stuff, shop, container/file for certificates and stickers, file for tool kit, 2 cash tins for pay and shop, extension cable, tablecloths (single flat sheets), stationery - pens, notepads, clipboards, blutac, dayglos stars, refreshments, raffle tickets, pots for raffle money and charity pot for 5ps, pads for TFT, bike lock for a frame....!!
Not saying you will need all of those, you may have other ideas but just an idea of things you can be picking up in advance. Take a good look round the group you go to and see what they have, if possible go and help set up at your group and take pics/make notes. Hope some of this helps x

Thanks for that Dawnydeedee, that's a lot of ideas to take note of...will have to start making a list!!

I spoke to a girl today that started her group at the beginning of the year....she said that those of us travelling from Ireland don't have to bring our secrets of success manuals to Derbyshire, and that our scales/laptop etc will be shipped directly to us....so no heavy bags to bring :) We can double check at pre-training next week but that sounds a bit better!!

Hi guys. Just found out today ive passed my interview! Am soo excited. Is there anything I should be doing now or is it too soon? ?

Hi guys. Just found out today ive passed my interview! Am soo excited. Is there anything I should be doing now or is it too soon? ?

Well done!!!! You sound as excited as us....mad to get out buying stuff straight away. You'll get an envelope in the next few days with all your training dates in it etc....perhaps you'll be at HO with us on 6/7th June!! :)

Hi all,

i was wondering if someone could help, I'm i interested in going to an opportunity event, I emailed head office back in February and they said the area manager would be in touch but I've not heard anything? Do the events only happen a couple of times a year? As I know their was one at the beginning of the year. TIA x

Hi all,

i was wondering if someone could help, I'm i interested in going to an opportunity event, I emailed head office back in February and they said the area manager would be in touch but I've not heard anything? Do the events only happen a couple of times a year? As I know their was one at the beginning of the year. TIA x

Think there's one every two months or so, over here in Ireland anyway....would imagine its the same in the UK.....there's usually a notice shown up in group the week or two beforehand :)

Rosierose your consultant is meant to tell the group each time there is one locally, in my area (Norfolk) there is one a month! Ask your consultant she can tell you as posters are mailed out to them every month. Posters are meant to be displayed in group too but as I found out not all consultants do everything as they are meant to! If you're a not a member at a group keep ringing up until they tell you I think your message must have got lost somewhere because they will always know when the next event is. In the slimming world mags there's always as advert for becoming a consultant with the number to ring on, possibly someone called Penny I think

Thank you very much for your response, I thought it was strange that I'd not heard for so long. I've been touch with ho again and they have marked my email as urgent for the district leader to get In touch.

I noticed earlier on in this thread that you were thinking about resigning, I've got two small children too 10 months and 2 and wondered how you are getting on now?

Thanks

You're welcome :)

I left a month or two ago, after 6 months as a consultant. I started a new group and built it up to 48 members, so it was going well but it just wasn't for me! I am a bit shy and standing up in front of the group still made me really anxious six months in, couldn't eat for the whole day before it just wasn't healthy! I am disorganised and not great with time management so I let it seep into every day and every part of my life and I had no time or energy left for my babies. And for £70ish a week I was getting I felt it was not worth it. Just don't make the mistake of telling members to ring you whenever they like because they will!! I go to my group as a member now to keep in touch with them all as met some lovely people (and some crazy ones, this is the general public we're dealing with after all!). Also, definitely set up a seperate Slimming World Facebook profile, don't friend members on your personal one. I was glad I had done this when one of my male members got over friendly, I was glad he never had access to personal details and photos. There are lots of good things about the job as well though, just is not for everyone!

That's such a shame it wasn't for you, must have been a hard decision having put so much work in but as you say, it's not for everyone. Still early days here, exhausted but enjoying it so far. Looking forward to my days 4&4 training this weekend x

Thanks for all this advice, I went to a opportunity event yesterday and I'm hoping for an interview soon thanks for all the great tips and advice everyone has been giving x

Hi its gone very quiet on here how is everyone getting on I have my interview on the 20th cant wait also very nervous as I struggle with interviews so will re read thread to see what questions they ask as need to prepare myself to get my nerves under control.
Also ive had my phone interview but was told yesterday that I will get another is this true.

Hi
I have my interview Thursday! So excited!
Not sure about a phone interview...I went to the ops event and then had a call and got invited to an interview.
Has anyone had an interview recently??

Back