A diary of a slimming world consultant

That's fab news! Looks like there is a nice little group of us forming on here "meeting" before we go.

Have booked the premier inn for thurs 11th evening if anyone wants to meet for a drink?

Pre training on sat although was with my DM at a group this week so covered lots then too.

Oh and found a venue so all looking good!

I've been accepted ? got the job and I'll be joining some of you on the 12-14th for training ? so excited!

Lovely TD called tonight saying she didn't want me waiting til Fri/Mon to find out ha!

No obvious damage to the car, it's going in for a health check in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed nothing comes up there!

The interview was way off what I expected, so personal rather than formal but it was nice and I'll definitely enjoy working with both ladies!

Just need my pack for pre training to come through now.

Have you done you pre training now?

X

well done chick! Will see you on the 12th. Pleased you and car are ok!

Im doing pre training tonight x

That's fab news! Looks like there is a nice little group of us forming on here "meeting" before we go.

Have booked the premier inn for thurs 11th evening if anyone wants to meet for a drink?

Pre training on sat although was with my DM at a group this week so covered lots then too.

I'll be coming on the Thursday evening but not sure what time we will arrive til I see my travel buddy tonight. I think we will be late though! I'm staying premie inn too im sure we can all have a drink one night we are staying thursday Friday and Saturday nights x

Oh well done everyone! So many new consultants December training looks to be the place to be! :)

I had my interview Wednesday morning - it seemed to go well, really friendly - just patiently (or impatiently) waiting for a phone call now - fingers crossed! They said they would let me know today or over the weekend if poss. Also doing training on 12th is last years Women of the year as she's from my area too.

Since writing this I've been accepted, don't know training dates yet, waiting for info from HO - but totally over the moon!!

Last edited:
hi. I have done my pre training last week. Ploughing through all the reading. Might see you 12, 13 and 14 too. Nearly read both manuals. Can do diplomas not got consultant code yet. Lots to do and plan!

Good luck to you, Rochelle and James at pre training. If I have missed anyone else I have seen coming same time sorry but just been reading the chapter all about Body Magic and am tired x

I feel like I've got so little time to get everything done before training on the 12th-14th, still waiting for my pack to come for pre-training on Thurs. It sounds exciting though and looking forward to meeting you all!

Oh and thanks Rochelle, the successful response made the bump all worth it!

A drink is a great idea! I was really concerned about not being able to make friends in such a short space of time and feeling lonely so far home near Christmas, but it's made it even more exciting chatting to you on here! Congrats on finding a venue, are you happy with it?

I've been told I will be taking over my current group, which I think I'm really happy with that as I know most members now!

Oh well done everyone! So many new consultants December training looks to be the place to be! :)

I had my interview Wednesday morning - it seemed to go well, really friendly - just patiently (or impatiently) waiting for a phone call now - fingers crossed! They said they would let me know today or over the weekend if poss. Also doing training on 12th is last years Women of the year as she's from my area too.

Since writing this I've been accepted, don't know training dates yet, waiting for info from HO - but totally over the moon!!

That's brilliant news! Well done! Hopefully you will be on same dates as us as your interview was only the day after mine! I bet you're chuffed!? Did the interview throw you? I expected it to be much more business orientated so I was really confused as to how well I did when I came out!

I feel like I've got so little time to get everything done before training on the 12th-14th, still waiting for my pack to come for pre-training on Thurs. It sounds exciting though and looking forward to meeting you all!

Oh and thanks Rochelle, the successful response made the bump all worth it!

A drink is a great idea! I was really concerned about not being able to make friends in such a short space of time and feeling lonely so far home near Christmas, but it's made it even more exciting chatting to you on here! Congrats on finding a venue, are you happy with it?

I've been told I will be taking over my current group, which I think I'm really happy with that as I know most members now!

That's brilliant news! Well done! Hopefully you will be on same dates as us as your interview was only the day after mine! I bet you're chuffed!? Did the interview throw you? I expected it to be much more business orientated so I was really confused as to how well I did when I came out!

I am over the moon, the interview was also not as I expected, some of the questions were quite challenging, but I found that reassuring that they are making sure I would be a good fit, I will also be taking over my current group, which is already a double session. I'm also 99% certain I will be on the sane training as you all, my name is Sharon btw.

Hopefully I'll be meeting some of you soon and this has been a great place to get tips and ideas and a real eye opener - here's to a busy Christmas and an exciting new year!! X

See what I mean about all the reading! One thing not mentioned to me but on a checklist - we have to take a completed food diary with us to training in case you don't see it and run out of time to do one.

yep lots of reading!! Was too busy yesterday, my nana is in hospital with an operation on her shoulder so went visiting then my mam jus had a knee replacement so I helped her do her food shop by the time I was home my brain wouldnt have taken anything in!! Started reading this afternoon still on the promoting part lol

we we were given food diaries and told there was a good reason for them at training. So we shall see :) x

Me too! Eek!

Group now opening 30th Dec.... So much to do but can't wait to get going!

Im opening on 30th too it's good that they are counting the next week aswell for the 25 new members!! I hope there's an offer on in one of the mags so I get lots of restarters :)

I'm also going to be at training 12th, 13th and 14th  x

Thank you  I'm from Huddersfield, where is everyone else from? Really looking forward to it!

we are making a right little team on here!! I'm from County Durham, my training buddy who I'm car sharing with is from Middlesbrough x

I've booked to stay at the Premiere Inn today although not sure if I should have waited for my pre training on Thursday - saw that the Derbyshire hotel was full and the price was going up for others so thought I'd be best booking, but have since heard that I might get hotel confirmation and special slimming world rates at pre training, but at least I know I've somewhere sorted. Has anyone else sorted their editorial yet? I've done a draft of mine but have no idea how long/short it should be- don't want to waffle on although I am good at it!

I've booked to stay at the Premiere Inn today although not sure if I should have waited for my pre training on Thursday - saw that the Derbyshire hotel was full and the price was going up for others so thought I'd be best booking, but have since heard that I might get hotel confirmation and special slimming world rates at pre training, but at least I know I've somewhere sorted. Has anyone else sorted their editorial yet? I've done a draft of mine but have no idea how long/short it should be- don't want to waffle on although I am good at it!
I booked mine myself. I'm at the premier inn too. The slimming world rate is £60 a night mine was similar then booked the January one and that ended up a little bit cheaper!!

I drafted my editorial and my team developer came up with catchy headline and put it in order. They really help you every step which I think is fab! I've never felt on my own at all so far x

Hi everyone, I also on the training for 12th-14th! So may meet some of you there - the relief and I are telling my group this week - feel really nervous for that, if no one comes next week I know they aren't happy! Haha! X

Hi everyone, I also on the training for 12th-14th! So may meet some of you there - the relief and I are telling my group this week - feel really nervous for that, if no one comes next week I know they aren't happy! Haha! X

I'm sure they will be thrilled to have a permanent consultant. I was thrilled when my group found out I had lots of lovely messages in our groups FB page. Good luck x

All sorts seems to have happened since I last posted! Congrats to all the latest additions joining us in Derby!

We are telling my group next week, I'm so nervous that they are all going to decide they're leaving ha! Let me know how you get on telling yours!

Pre-training tomorrow so will get hotel booked and receive the mountain of paperwork you've all spoken of!

Rochelle I hope your mum and Nanna are both ok!

All sorts seems to have happened since I last posted! Congrats to all the latest additions joining us in Derby!

We are telling my group next week, I'm so nervous that they are all going to decide they're leaving ha! Let me know how you get on telling yours!

Pre-training tomorrow so will get hotel booked and receive the mountain of paperwork you've all spoken of!

Rochelle I hope your mum and Nanna are both ok!

We told my group yesterday, it's a 2 session group so had to tell both lots, I normally attend the earlier session but both sessions took the news really well, our consultant has been there for over 4 years and is a friend to a lot of us too so big shoes to fill but they all seemed pleased to be getting a permanent consultant so soon. My first group will be on 30th December so alot to take in and organise before then. Pre-training is Tuesday and I will go in group to help the relief each week until 30th (except 11th when I'll be driving to Derby) and also visiting other groups in our area , another local consultant wants to join in postering with me so I think I've been quite lucky so far. It's truly like a whirlwind of info already though! I don't even own a diary so having to jot eveything in a notepad - life must have been quite predictable before this - but I'm enjoying it so far!

Good luck with telling yr group and pretraining next week - so exciting! X :)

Sharon x

Back