A few problems...

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to lose weight over the past year and have been on and off of these forums, I am a male and am 16 years old, I am 6ft tall and weigh 183lb. (A year ago I was 210lb and around 5ft8, obviously I am proud of my weight loss so far!)
I need some help, I just randomly stop eating healthy for a few days and feel SO bad!
The problem is I just do not know what to eat. For example I take 2 bananas and 2 apples to school, these are consumed at 11:05 and 1:25. My breakfast is usually wheat-a-bix or honey oats & more (kellogs). The problem seems to literally be my dinner in the evening. Me and my family literally just get anything we can from the freezer, we often have chicken wraps as it is a simple meal. What tips could you give me, what should I be eating for my dinner, I don't mind preparing it early but I just don't know what to prepare at all!
Am I eating correctly, am I eating enough, I need to eat around 1500 calories per day to have a calorie deficiency of around 500-1000.
I sometimes go to the gym and have noticed significant changes in my body which I am happy with. If I can master my eating habits then the process of weight loss should be a lot easier for me, thank you very much for your time and advice, Matthew.

The way your schedule is set up now it sounds like you might be putting yourself out there for big splurges. Your breakfast is the most important; having grains, proteins and fruits for breakfast might suit you better. You could have a slice of toast with a hard boiled egg and a banana for instance. Lunch should probably have more protein and veggies like a chicken salad or those wraps you mentioned might be a better lunch choice. Dinner on the other hand you could make a chicken breast or small piece of steak with a couple of red potatoes and asparagus (or broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc). Fuller meals could really help with the days you seem to eat more junk. Drink lots of water, tea, some juices are good to drink a lot of too like cranberry juice.

well done you have done so well i think you would be ok if you had more for breakfast eat your fruit as normal then for dinner try spliting your plate in 3 having protein loads of fresh or frozzen veg and small carbs

chicken beast in bacon and veg
gammon egg veg
chicken stir fry
beef stew cooked in slow cooker throw all in cooked when you get home

have a look into weight watchers it might help as they say about things to eat
also you could ask you doctor to help by sending you to a dietitin (sorry spellling) that might help

good luck and well done i wish i could do so well :)

hi myweightloss well done on ur loses so far, i think you need to eat much more at lunch time as by the time you have dinner u must be starving, have a look on the slimming world threads you will see we have loads to eat and you will get a few ideas along the way. good luck x

Thankyou both for your advice!
Imogen, I am sure that most of my current weight loss has come from puberty, although I do go to the gym sometimes.
Valerie, I will definitely have a look into the Slimming World section.
I will have a look into weight watchers Imogen.
My Mum did the slimming world diet a year or so ago and lost around 3 stone but has put it all on again :( I think it was due to the fact that it is harder to maintain the weight after, also, she drank the milkshakes which are much different to regular food so it may have had some effect!
Thankyou all again!

hi myweightloss i have got to target many times before but have never stayed there i think it's harder than actually losing the weight :rolleyes: it's all about making permanent changes it's no good going back to the old way of eating (which most of us do) that's what caused our weight gain in the first place :eek: good luck x

Back