A few questions about class, target and body optimise

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi All

I'm still thinking about target setting and I have a few questions!

Ok, at the moment I'm doing body optimise, I'm 12st 3lb and I'm looking to lose about 1stone with body optimise before going to class to lose the remainder. I'm doing this because:
1. I want to have free access to the SW website by becoming a target member at class.
2. I dont enjoy class too much and I'd rather go to an exercise class in the evenings so I'm not keen on using class to get to target in one go (thats why I'm doing body optimise to start)
3. I want to ride out the motivation of body optimise and then get a second wind by joining a class, perhaps in Jan. Also this gives me something new to aim for, I need to lose a certain amount before I get the reward of going to class (and getting that all important target membership!)

I know I'll need to lose at least 7lb when I join a class so I'm thinking of doing this when I'm roughly 11stone 3lb in the morning weigh in at home (which would be 11stone 5 or 6 in the evening), then I'm thinking of setting a target of 10stone 10lb in class.

I think I'm fairly large build (medium build at the smallest) so I feel that going any lower may not suit me.... but if I join class and state that I want to be 10stone 10lb, if I get close to that and feel differently would I be ok to say I want a different target :confused:

The other thing about setting a target and not really knowing if its right for you, is SW will only let you change this by a minimum of 3lb, is that right :confused:

When at target :bliss: if I remain within 3lb of this target I wont have to pay, is that right :confused:

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get my planning right and know where I'm going !!!

Thanks for any help/ideas/thoughts x

Yes you need to want to lose at least 7lb when you join a group

Before you get to target you can change your target without any penalty

If at target and you then want to go lower it needs to be at least 7lb lower than your original target

And you are allowed 3lb either side of target - if you go over or under that you get one week to get back within these limits before you need to start paying again

Good luck! It sounds like you have a plan!

Last edited:
Thanks Circes! I do like having a plan and I'm hoping this one will stop the yo-yoing!

Another question !!!! When I switch from body optimise to SW site can I keep all my details etc..... I'm guessing not. Its not a big deal, the weight loss itself is the big deal :D

:confused: Help ! I'm really doubting myself and if my golas will ever be achievable.....
I weighed in yesterday and had gained 1lb. I know its not bad but I've been at this start of journey for so long, its just like I cant get started. Plus there's the feeling of yo-yoing again. I thought it may be TOTM, so I weighed again this morning and have gained another two pounds (obviously from overdoing it yesterday evening :( ).

The only thing I could use to explain why I overdid it yesteday is the feeling of wanting to eat more and more which comes from eating alot in the first place. Eg Monday I had a day on plan but ate absolutely loads, then yesterday I wanted loads again.

This is what I found with SW the last time. The more I eat (be it good and onplan or otherwise) the more I want to eat (not so good stuff). I dont know how to turn this around and make my goals achievable - grrrrrrr :confused:

Don't get weighed daily, your body fluctuates +/- 2.2lb daily! x

Did you gain a pound in a day or was that your first week's WI?
I don't think you can really overdo it on the free foods if you are eating until you are full. If you are hungry then eat until you are satisfied.
If you just want to snack for the sake of it make it carrot sticks or berries or something similar.

You were very focused on your original post, read it back and look at your determination! Do you have the motivation to go it alone because if not, I'd join a class now :)

Good luck and stop weighing yourself each day!

Thanks both, the pound was my weekly weigh in and the 2lb was me just peeking to see if the pound gain was in fact just TOTM water retention. I usually try to weigh once a week. Just fed up of the yo-yoing :(

I once managed to have an amazing 6lb loss.. I lost 6lbs by SLEEPING for 9 hours, then on WI I lost a grand total of 0.5lbs! Body fluctuations are CRAAAAZY! Don't weigh yourself more than once a week!

Last edited:
I dont normally weigh every day any more..... I was just seeing if there was an underlying loss that was being masked by TOTM the day previously. I know there are big fluctuations, thats why I try not to do it. Thanks Shrimpy, I wont do it again!

Its more the yoyoing of the main weigh ins that I'm worried about.... and how to turn this around. Seriously my weigh in's for this year have been:
+3
+2
+1
+1
+2
+1
+2
+3
+3
+1
+4
+1
+1
+1
+2
+1

^ Thats the main problem!

Have you tried going back to basics, re-reading the book, measuring EVERYTHING... etc?

Some times when I'm losing slowly I try and weigh my meat and rice (pasta or whatever) and then weigh out at least 1/3 of that as SF veggies, It's a hell of a lot more than you think!

Thats a good idea, I might try that one. I've gone back to basics with the books, I know what to do its just doing it! I think its much more about getting my head in the right place x

Well I've had a few days think, I've re-read my original post and I do sound motivated then so I'm going to keep at it! I know I've been up and down with the same few pounds all year (see above for the +1, -1, +2, -2 etc etc etc) but at least its not just been going up and up !!!

Have decided to really challenge myself with trying to get as many speed foods in as I can...... I guess this is just me focussing on what I can have instead of the things that are limited (my beloved healthy extras that I seem to OD on).

Ok, I'm not a big loser by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not even a slow loser either at the moment but I'm not a gainer either, so I'm cool with that - I can turn this around :) :) :)

Back