A few questions about the 790 Plan!! Help!!

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi, i have reached a BMI of about 25 and so i have to finish the SS Step. I am now moving onto 790.

I have a few questions about this because i was very shocked today when preparing my meal. I am sorry if my questions sound stupid, lol :rolleyes:

I weighed out 275g of cod fish and it seemed like sooo much:confused:, it scared me. I thought this is too much for just a step up from SS, it seemed more like a leap. So i called my CDC and she said that it was the amount i have to have.

So i was just wondering how everybody on 790 goes about eating there meal??

Do you have it all at once in the evening/ for lunch or do you divide it into 2 meals?? I made it in the evening thinking it wouldnt be much but i couldnt even finish half of it :(. My stomach was aching and it was a struggle to eat it. I had to go for a walk after to feel better.

So after today, i am thinking of dividing the meal into 2, so i can have half for lunch and half in the evening. Does that sound ok??

Also, i went shopping today and i could only find tuna chunks in spring water. Is this ok? 2 cans made up the amount we can have (drained) so i am thinking 1 can for lunch and the other for dinner.

Also, with the milk allowance i have decided to use it for a nice cuppa tea. I was wondering if it is ok to use any tea bags ( silly question :eek: ) and can we use a sweetener?? I dont really like the taste of skimmed milk but i am sure it will grow on me after a week or 2.

I am sure i had more to ask but i cant think of anything else right now, so i will post later.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

when i was going onto 790 i was bit worried about skimmed milk as i wasnt keen, but now im used to it, ive even stopped buying semi skimmed for kids and visitors, i found the meals were big too and once or twice i struggled to eat it all, i think a couple of people have split theirs into 2 meals so that should be ok.

All i could get also was tuna in spring water so im presuming thats ok as thats the only 1 i could findy ever ate tuna in brine, dont like the oil one

enjoy being on 790 :D

when i was going onto 790 i was bit worried about skimmed milk as i wasnt keen, but now im used to it, ive even stopped buying semi skimmed for kids and visitors, i found the meals were big too and once or twice i struggled to eat it all, i think a couple of people have split theirs into 2 meals so that should be ok.

All i could get also was tuna in spring water so im presuming thats ok as thats the only 1 i could findy ever ate tuna in brine, dont like the oil one

enjoy being on 790 :D

Thank you for your reply. I just had alot of questions beacuse i was alittle worried about eating again. The portions are pretty big though.

I used to have semi skimmed too and i do miss it but i think i'll get used to skimmed the longer i have it :)

I really like my tune so i am hoping the spring water one is ok because i cant wiat to have some, mmmmmm.

Congrats on your weightloss, you have done so well. I wish you all the best with getting to your goal, you're so lucky to be nearly there. :)

Thanks again xx :)

The tuna in springwater is fine :) It's the brine and sunflower oil you should avoid, sunflower oil for obvious reasons and brine because of the salt content - can make you retain water.

Ooh tuna, I'm salivating now!

thanks baby

im off on my hols in 2 weeks so when i come back i want to lose another 7 lb plus what i may put on over the 2 weeks, at the mo im on the 1200 plan building up to eating properly again then when i come back ill probably restart on the 1000 to get down to where ill be happiest which will be 11 1/2 stone
im 12.5 at the mo but as im 5'10 its not too bad, most people were shocked to learn that i was almost 15 stone when i started

thanks baby

im off on my hols in 2 weeks so when i come back i want to lose another 7 lb plus what i may put on over the 2 weeks, at the mo im on the 1200 plan building up to eating properly again then when i come back ill probably restart on the 1000 to get down to where ill be happiest which will be 11 1/2 stone
im 12.5 at the mo but as im 5'10 its not too bad, most people were shocked to learn that i was almost 15 stone when i started

I'm sure you will do fine with your weightloss when you come back from your holiday. It sounds like you have a good plan in place which is the key.

I think its good that you can adjust to things like holidays because we cant completley put our lives on hold during this diet. I have had a few probs with social situations and CD but i'm hoping it will get better.

I think 12.5 would look good at your height. But i guess you want to be at a weight where you feel comfortable.

I am 5 foot 1.5 - 2 inches and i started off at 11 stones 10 :(, i looked awful. I am 9stones 7 now :D and i feel really good. I am gettin lotsa wonderful comments too which is a great bouns. But I am aiming for about 8 stones and then i want to put on half a stone of muscle at the gym. Some think this is to low of a weight, but this is where i like to be and where i think i look good. Also, i love going to the gym so i wil prob put more than half a stone of muscle on, lol, i can get very active when i get back into things. But i will see how i look when i get to 8.5 stones.

Good luck with your weightloss over the next 2 weeks and i hope you have a super holiday :) xx

Kath: Thanks for leting me know about the tuna :), cant wait to have some now :)

Back