Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A few questions about the 790 Plan!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by That's_So_Fetch, 30 June 2007 Social URL.

1. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, i have reached a BMI of about 25 and so i have to finish the SS Step. I am now moving onto 790.

I have a few questions about this because i was very shocked today when preparing my meal. I am sorry if my questions sound stupid, lol :rolleyes:

I weighed out 275g of cod fish and it seemed like sooo much:confused:, it scared me. I thought this is too much for just a step up from SS, it seemed more like a leap. So i called my CDC and she said that it was the amount i have to have.

So i was just wondering how everybody on 790 goes about eating there meal??

Do you have it all at once in the evening/ for lunch or do you divide it into 2 meals?? I made it in the evening thinking it wouldnt be much but i couldnt even finish half of it :(. My stomach was aching and it was a struggle to eat it. I had to go for a walk after to feel better.

So after today, i am thinking of dividing the meal into 2, so i can have half for lunch and half in the evening. Does that sound ok??

Also, i went shopping today and i could only find tuna chunks in spring water. Is this ok? 2 cans made up the amount we can have (drained) so i am thinking 1 can for lunch and the other for dinner.

Also, with the milk allowance i have decided to use it for a nice cuppa tea. I was wondering if it is ok to use any tea bags ( silly question :eek: ) and can we use a sweetener?? I dont really like the taste of skimmed milk but i am sure it will grow on me after a week or 2.

I am sure i had more to ask but i cant think of anything else right now, so i will post later.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    when i was going onto 790 i was bit worried about skimmed milk as i wasnt keen, but now im used to it, ive even stopped buying semi skimmed for kids and visitors, i found the meals were big too and once or twice i struggled to eat it all, i think a couple of people have split theirs into 2 meals so that should be ok.

All i could get also was tuna in spring water so im presuming thats ok as thats the only 1 i could findy ever ate tuna in brine, dont like the oil one

enjoy being on 790 :D

4. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you for your reply. I just had alot of questions beacuse i was alittle worried about eating again. The portions are pretty big though.

I used to have semi skimmed too and i do miss it but i think i'll get used to skimmed the longer i have it :)

I really like my tune so i am hoping the spring water one is ok because i cant wiat to have some, mmmmmm.

Congrats on your weightloss, you have done so well. I wish you all the best with getting to your goal, you're so lucky to be nearly there. :)

Thanks again xx :)

5. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The tuna in springwater is fine :) It's the brine and sunflower oil you should avoid, sunflower oil for obvious reasons and brine because of the salt content - can make you retain water.

Ooh tuna, I'm salivating now!

6. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    thanks baby

im off on my hols in 2 weeks so when i come back i want to lose another 7 lb plus what i may put on over the 2 weeks, at the mo im on the 1200 plan building up to eating properly again then when i come back ill probably restart on the 1000 to get down to where ill be happiest which will be 11 1/2 stone
    im 12.5 at the mo but as im 5'10 its not too bad, most people were shocked to learn that i was almost 15 stone when i started

7. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm sure you will do fine with your weightloss when you come back from your holiday. It sounds like you have a good plan in place which is the key.

I think its good that you can adjust to things like holidays because we cant completley put our lives on hold during this diet. I have had a few probs with social situations and CD but i'm hoping it will get better.

I think 12.5 would look good at your height. But i guess you want to be at a weight where you feel comfortable.

I am 5 foot 1.5 - 2 inches and i started off at 11 stones 10 :(, i looked awful. I am 9stones 7 now :D and i feel really good. I am gettin lotsa wonderful comments too which is a great bouns. But I am aiming for about 8 stones and then i want to put on half a stone of muscle at the gym. Some think this is to low of a weight, but this is where i like to be and where i think i look good. Also, i love going to the gym so i wil prob put more than half a stone of muscle on, lol, i can get very active when i get back into things. But i will see how i look when i get to 8.5 stones.

Good luck with your weightloss over the next 2 weeks and i hope you have a super holiday :) xx

Kath: Thanks for leting me know about the tuna :), cant wait to have some now :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.