A Few Questions If I May....

Mets

Gold Member
Hi all :)
I was thinking of giving this Simply Filling plan a go but I just have a few questions about it;

Now, how do you know when to stop when you're satisfied? What does that mean? :D its the part I think I'd struggle with the most as for me, I'm only ever hungry or full (or so I think!)

If I was to have plain oats so simple could I have 2 of the sachets as I always find I'm still hungry with just one. Also, I LOVE All Bran - how much do you put in a bowl? Again, 30g or whatever you'd have on PP leaves me feeling hungry.

Are skimmed milk, cous cous made with a veg stock cube, marmite, Muller Lights and lean mince free? I'm just trying to think of the meals we usually eat in our house and see whether i'd have to make a lot of changes (him indoors is mega fussy!)

Lastly :D my WI was today (STS again, 2 wks running) and so if I was to start this tomorrow, would my WI change to tomorrow or should I stick to today?

I've been doing PP for a year and lost 2 stone. I've put 3lbs back on and finding it hard to shift now :( I only want to lose about another 9lbs and at the moment, I'm struggling with motivation. I'm hoping this could be a boost for me.

Sorry for the long post! I've got the Shopping Guide but I've leant it to a friend, hence all the food questions! xxx

Mets said:
I was thinking of giving this Simply Filling plan a go but I just have a few questions about it;

Now, how do you know when to stop when you're satisfied? What does that mean? :D its the part I think I'd struggle with the most as for me, I'm only ever hungry or full (or so I think!)

I find that I do the 20 mins rule- because I'm not counting the points of the 'free foods' I don't panic about still feeling unsatisfied mode- if I'm still hungry then I have something after 20 mins.

If I was to have plain oats so simple could I have 2 of the sachets as I always find I'm still hungry with just one. Also, I LOVE All Bran - how much do you put in a bowl? Again, 30g or whatever you'd have on PP leaves me feeling hungry.

I'm the same with all bran but with the oats so simple I would try to have one sachet then maybe something different if I'm still hungry- for example a slice of nimble toast :)
Are skimmed milk, cous cous made with a veg stock cube, marmite, Muller Lights and lean mince free? I'm just trying to think of the meals we usually eat in our house and see whether i'd have to make a lot of changes (him indoors is mega fussy!)

I'm not sure bout the cous cous, marmite and muller lights but yes to the others. I personally buy extra lean but I'm weird about the fat that comes off that lol.

Lastly :D my WI was today (STS again, 2 wks running) and so if I was to start this tomorrow, would my WI change to tomorrow or should I stick to today?

I'd stick to your normal day and just be on it 1 day less. I found the simply filling has got me back on track!!

I've been doing PP for a year and lost 2 stone. I've put 3lbs back on and finding it hard to shift now :( I only want to lose about another 9lbs and at the moment, I'm struggling with motivation. I'm hoping this could be a boost for me.

Sorry for the long post! I've got the Shopping Guide but I've leant it to a friend, hence all the food questions! xxx

Hope you like this as much as I do xx

lol I was wondering where your answers were! :D thanks hun. I like the idea of waiting 20 mins, I'll try that I think. I would have thought Muller Lights were free as they're fat free? Hmmm.... I need my book back from my friend! xx

Mets said:

Right Hun give it a go firstly you've got nothing to lose o apart from weight ...it might give your body the shake up it needs !!!!!

Eating till satisfied means you can still move after eating and not stuffed that you need to sleep or can't move lol !!!!!

Yep everything on the list is free to eat so yes if you want two sachets of porridge then have two sachets but only if it doesn't leave you stuffed xxx all bran is not officially free on simply filling though but nomes eats it as it was on the old core version xxx

Cous cous and noodles are also
Not on the list or muller lights ...only natural yoghurt or fromage frais xx I'll put the list on here for you :):)

You can keep your wi day the same if you want I would :) if you have any more questions ask away o and you still get your 49 weeklies for anything not included on this plan xxx

Here's the list

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf

Good luck xx

Thanks Red :) I don't think I've been stuffed like that in a long time! I'm usually left feeling hungry still if I'm honest (unless I come off plan) so I'll hopefully be able to work out this satisfied feeling ;-) Nomes posted some good advice about waiting 20 mins, which is great.

So marmite is free then? Was thinking of having some crumpets and marmite for lunches.... Perhaps Oats So Simple with a banana and skimmed milk for breakfast and a jacket potato, with tuna mayo and salad for dinner. 1pp used for the mayo? Would that be a good Simply Filling day? Could I make a shepherds pie with lean mince, potatoes for mash on top, carrots, peas and onion and it be included on the plan?

I'm sure I'll have more questions! :D xxx

Just checked my sisters WW app (I used to have it but now do it myself at home but she's given me access so I can check things out) and the marmite doesn't come up as free. Damn! What could I have on my crumpets....

Mets said:
Just checked my sisters WW app (I used to have it but now do it myself at home but she's given me access so I can check things out) and the marmite doesn't come up as free. Damn! What could I have on my crumpets....

Yeah that's right marmite isn't free but I think a teaspoon is 0pp isn't it ....apparently mashed banana is nice on crumpet and put under the grill for a bit to warm x

Only extra lean mince is free but apart from that sounds like a fab day ...

Great! Thanks! :D

Yum! Banana and laughing cow are great ideas, thank you xx so if something isn't on the simply filling list but is 0pp I.e tsp marmite/laughing cow, it doesn't come out of your weeklies? Would this apply to Fry Light too? You get quite a few sprays before you have to point it (although I've never pointed it!)

Ah, extra lean mince is a bit more expensive isn't it? So I'd have to point the lean mince then?

Yep everything that's 0pp is still 0pp so eat away !!!!!

Yep fraid so but I suppose if you really drain the fat away I'm sure you'd get away with it xxx a slight tweak !!!!!!

I don't see a problem if you drain the fat off but I really do prefer the taste of extra lean.

Are you starting tomorrow? Xx

I always drain the fat off - that's how I was taught by my mum. I was so shocked when I saw my fella didn't do this! :-o lol

Yep, I'm gonna start tomorrow :) I'll have a poached egg on WW thick grained bread for brunch (lie in tomorrow :D). I've got some left over stew from last night, so 3pp will be used for a dumpling but everything else is free. Well, I used some oxo cubes and gravy granules but I shouldn't imagine the amount I used would be pointed? Perhaps I'll take 1pp off to be sure... Then if I am peckish later on, I'll have some banana on toast or something xx

I'd take the 1pp for gravy to be sure but out of 42pp (cos you're starting a day later) you'll have 38pp left :)

You're going to have to teach your fella a lesson or two ;)

My boyfriend loves fat! When I first met him he was cooking with lard, now he uses cooking spray or olive oil!
I'm just starting to get him eating a few of the ww meals I cook myself but he is very fussy and I do have to chop vegetables up very small for him!
Good luck mets. Xx

Nomes said:
I'd take the 1pp for gravy to be sure but out of 42pp (cos you're starting a day later) you'll have 38pp left :)

You're going to have to teach your fella a lesson or two ;)

Ah yes, good point! Thanks hun xx

Becktoria79 said:
My boyfriend loves fat! When I first met him he was cooking with lard, now he uses cooking spray or olive oil!
I'm just starting to get him eating a few of the ww meals I cook myself but he is very fussy and I do have to chop vegetables up very small for him!
Good luck mets. Xx

Lol same! He uses fry light now too and he eats the WW meals I cook (albeit a bigger portion!) I've even got him drinking more water! :-o hehehehe! He won't eat many veggies though and I have to chop the onion SO finely... :D xx

Last week I made a pasta sauce and chopped celery so finely and then blended it. My boyfriend asked if there was apple in there or something as it tasted sweet. I didn't admit to the celery until it was all eaten! Amazingly he was quite impressed! X

Hey just popping over from exante, been reading this as once i have got to goal weight im planning on doing this or sw to maintain i just had a couple of questions if you dont mind ( sorry to gate crash )

the pasta is that white & brown same for rice and if so could i have things like spagetti bolognese? i love the dolmio sauce lol. and defo couldnt not drain the fat!! and what about bacon? without fat and i think i saw tinned sweetcorn is fine? amazed that crumpets are too the only two things id struggle with is butter and cheese lol. id love cheese on spag bol so bad! lol. and like plain pasta sauces with meets and stuff? would those be ok.
and people on this plan do you actuall eat untill completly satasfied or do some of you hold back
Thinking i should of started a new thred...sorry again
And Thanks xxx

Wholemeal is the best choice and you use extra lean mince (I have a thing about mince and fat!)

Instead of dolmio sauce I use passata- ill never buy shop bought sauces again. Passata 30pence so the money I save goes to make the difference in price between lean and extra lean.

How much weight do you need to lose?

This is a healthier way of living for sure :)

Back