A few questions... (sorry)

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Hellooo :)

Now I have a few questions, I would ask my CDc but she is away this weekend, so I hope you don't mind me asking.

Anyway, I started this week weighing 12.4, want to get back down to 8.7, and I'm on SS at the moment. I'm aware you have to do the steps, ie 800, 1200, 1500, and as far as I know you do them before you reach your target weight (right?).

So, at what weight would I have to go off SS and start on the other steps? You can't do SS unless you have a BMI over 25, and I would have a 25 BMI at 141 lbs exactly, which is just over 10st, so would that be when I'd have to go off it, or would I have to before that? In other words, is there a certain amount of time you have to be on each step, and therefore would I have to start the steps earlier than when I would reach a 25 BMI?

Also, as I'd have another stone and a half to lose after reaching 10st, I was just wondering how long the weight loss could take on the other steps, or how much things tend to slow down on 800/1200/1500. I kind of have a time limit as I'm going to uni in October, I'm not trying to put pressure on myself but I don't fancy getting a new CDc where I'm moving to, and I won't be able to afford it anyway.

So, final question, 3 stone 11lbs, is this possible to lose before October if I stick to it (which I will), bearing in mind how long weight loss can take on the later steps?

Once again, sorry. I know it varies from person to person, any replies appreciated :)

at what weight would I have to go off SS and start on the other steps?

You need to stop SSing at BMI 25 - so you'd need to move up the plans when you hit 141lbs. But you can stay on 810 until you reach goal if you want to. You and your CDC might decide that it's better to start working up the plans before you reach goal - it would rather depend on how you're doing.

Also, as I'd have another stone and a half to lose after reaching 10st, I was just wondering how long the weight loss could take on the other steps, or how much things tend to slow down on 800/1200/1500.

Weight loss does slow down as you get closer to your goal weight, but on 810 you can expect to lose 2-3 pounds per week, on 1000, maybe 1-2. There will be weeks all the way along - even when you're on SS - where you don't lose as much as you hoped, but the following week's weight loss tends to make up for it.

I kind of have a time limit as I'm going to uni in October, I'm not trying to put pressure on myself but I don't fancy getting a new CDc where I'm moving to, and I won't be able to afford it anyway.
So, final question, 3 stone 11lbs, is this possible to lose before October if I stick to it (which I will), bearing in mind how long weight loss can take on the later steps?
Yes, that's possible. But try not to focus on it too much. Give yourself smaller goals to start with.

And no need to say sorry for asking questions! That's why we're here! :D

Happy CD-ing!

You need to stop SSing at BMI 25 - so you'd need to move up the plans when you hit 141lbs. But you can stay on 810 until you reach goal if you want to. You and your CDC might decide that it's better to start working up the plans before you reach goal - it would rather depend on how you're doing.

Weight loss does slow down as you get closer to your goal weight, but on 810 you can expect to lose 2-3 pounds per week, on 1000, maybe 1-2. There will be weeks all the way along - even when you're on SS - where you don't lose as much as you hoped, but the following week's weight loss tends to make up for it.

Yes, that's possible. But try not to focus on it too much. Give yourself smaller goals to start with.

And no need to say sorry for asking questions! That's why we're here! :D

Happy CD-ing!

Oh thank you! I didn't think anyone would answer haha.

Thanks, that's really helpful :)

Hello i have just read your post regarding CD what are the rules? i dont understand is it still the milkshakes and one evening meal still??

Shan xx

Hello i have just read your post regarding CD what are the rules? i dont understand is it still the milkshakes and one evening meal still??

Shan xx

Hi, well there are 6 steps on CD, there is SS or SS+, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500 and 1500+.

With SS (what I'm doing), you get three meals a day - there are different items you can choose from, for example there are sweet shakes, there are savoury soups, there are "tetra bricks" which are basically ready made shakes, there are bars, there is porridge, all of which come in different flavours. You can't have bars til week 2, but the rest you can have any combination you want. For example, two shakes and a soup, three porridges, a shake, a bar and a tetra brik, anything you want! If you're over 5'8", you get 4 satchets.

SS+ is the same as the above, except you can have 4 satches plus 200ml of milk, or 3 satches plus one 200kcal meal a day, which must be ''white and green'', eg skinless, chicken breast and vegetables, or fish, not any carbs/sugar.

The rest of the steps such as 810, 1000, 1200, require two satchets a day, a milk allowance and a meal making up the above amount of calories. Once again, it is healthy eating, but obviously you get a bit more choice as you go up the steps.

1500 is one satchet plus a meal of that many calories, and 1500+ is the last step, which is basically eating healthy without the satchets.

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU so much for the info im 5,5ft and the (ss+) sounds okish lol how long have u been on it for? and how are u getting on with it?

shan x

hey xx same height as me!! I am looking at getting to 10st then seeing from there if I want to lose more (was a lot bigger to start with!)

I haveing been following ss+ for 4 months now (althoug not always 100%) and have lost over 3 stone, so if you stick you def will by Oct!

good luck

hey xx same height as me!! I am looking at getting to 10st then seeing from there if I want to lose more (was a lot bigger to start with!)

I haveing been following ss+ for 4 months now (althoug not always 100%) and have lost over 3 stone, so if you stick you def will by Oct!

good luck

Ohh really! I've only come across two people who're 5'3" on here, and that's including you haha. Your loss is amazing! I hope I can do that well, then I'd be around 9 stone... can't even remember that number being on the scales haha :p

Back