A few questions

Mom2Ben

Hi,

I started the Atkins diet last week after failing miserably on every calorie controlled diet out there! I have lost about 3 pounds and didn't actually stick to it 100% which I am really pleased about. :D

I have the old book as I have done the diet in the past but it looks as if it has changed a bit so I might invest in the new book at the end of the month.

In the meantime, would you mind answering the following for me?

I understand that the carb content in the UK differs to that in that in the US, however, when looking at UK items, should I be looking at the total carb content or just the "of which sugars" number? EG. I was looking at the "No added sugar" diabetes range of sweets and chocs in Boots today and the Belgian Choc Wafer Bar has 17g carbs but only 1g of that is sugars. So would that be 17g or 1g?

Obviously this is a massive difference so I want to make sure I am doing it correctly!

The weight losses I have read about on this site are really inspirational - congrats to all of you!

Hi and welcome. Well done on your loss - in the UK you go for total carbs - so the boots wafer wuld be 17 - nearly all of your days allowance. I havent got the new book - im going old style (plus my old 1970s book went in the washing machine oops).

no they are naughty FJ!!!

Oooh, thanks, luckily I didn't pick up the Boots bar then! Last time, the Atkins bars were a lifesaver for me as I have a huge sweet tooth so I will probably have one now and then as a treat, however, they are SO expensive so I may have to try and resist the temptation!

Tried a MiM this morning as a snack and I was really pleasantly surprised! Will definitely be having more of them. I find breakfasts the hardest as I am not mad on egg and bacon so may have these instead.

Hi Mom2Ben! Bars are the enemy - I say the longer you can stay away from them the better. And my tummy is backing me up on this one today. :p

Welcome and good luck!

Hi and welcome, clean and green all the way is my motto, those LC products are FRANKENFOODS. LOL. :)

Back