A game that i'll win! My journey.

Hiya Hun..weigh in today and lost..2 1/2 lbs:).I knew things would slow down just like yourself.Hopefully next week I should be at the 1 1/2 stone mark wwhhoo.I think when we are trying this hard and you've made your mind up to lose weight you just want to get it off as fast as possible.
I think getting your folks in on the act is amazing,do you think your mum will post on here and share her dietary experiences ? (considering your mums done this before and had such an amazing weight loss)
Losing your aunt at 45 (a year younger than me :sigh:)must have been awfull.
With support we can do it!!:D

WoofWoof said:
Hiya Hun..weigh in today and lost..2 1/2 lbs:).I knew things would slow down just like yourself.Hopefully next week I should be at the 1 1/2 stone mark wwhhoo.I think when we are trying this hard and you've made your mind up to lose weight you just want to get it off as fast as possible.
I think getting your folks in on the act is amazing,do you think your mum will post on here and share her dietary experiences ? (considering your mums done this before and had such an amazing weight loss)

Not a chance! My mother can only just use a phone to call me once in a whole or text 'hi' and nothing else lol

Seems we're both hitting the same targets around the same time which is nice! Always good to play the game with other people! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WoofWoof said:

Oh and DUH! Forgot to say a big huge well done!! :)

WoofWoof said:
thanks.lol

So what are you actually eating? And what do you use your syns for mostly?

Hi
How great your parents joining you it's great that you are inspiring them, sure your mum will lose if she done it before.
I do think it's the maintaining that is the hardest part of the "game"
so sorry to hear about your Aunty that must've been so sad :-(
Take care enjoy your weekend x

lynica said:
Hi
How great your parents joining you it's great that you are inspiring them, sure your mum will lose if she done it before.
I do think it's the maintaining that is the hardest part of the "game"
so sorry to hear about your Aunty that must've been so sad :-(
Take care enjoy your weekend x

Thanks ly :) my parents live in Leicester and I'm near Birmingham so don't see them often but it'll be a nice surprise for both of us when we see eachother at Christmas as its been a while since we have seen each other! Looking forward to it :)

I usually hate clothes shopping, don't get me wrong, I love fashion and creating my own styles etc, but let's be honest, walking around Evans looking for size 22 jeans and size 20 tops just ain't much fun!
Nor is walking Into any shop and walking head down into the plus size section!

Well bugger me I spent four fricking hours walking into every shop!!! And why did I walk into every shop??! Because I COULD!

I was only shopping for a new top to wear for a birthday bash next Friday, usually I spend ages because nothing I like is ever in my size or I just look like an oversized bouncy ball wearing it, but today I walked into each shop and picked up at least 3-5 things and merrily went and tried them all on and they ALL fit! Sizes 16-18! Granted I do have rather large boobs which I'm hoping will drop slightly with the weight loss but I'm chuffed at how much I enjoyed shopping when things not only fit in the sizes they stock but also look NICE!

I walked into GAP and got a lovely jumper, I never would have walked into gap, or most of the shops I went in!

I feel great (well, I'm exhausted!) but this feeling is brill and will feel better once I hit my target jean size 10-12! I haven't set a target weight, but that's the size I want - so lets gets going!

So what are you actually eating? And what do you use your syns for mostly?

ok,you asked,lol:)
Typical day,I guess would be-
breakfast-28g museli or porridge oats,milk,and loads fruit,fresh or frozen(berries etc)
lunch-large salad with tuna or king prawns or grilled chicken/turkey breast and hard boiled egg.I use lemon juice with fresh herbs for a dressing.
Some days I grill mixed veggies and mix with some couscous or pasta
Tea-eat a lot of fish(like the cod wrapped in bacon that was in the last SW magazine) or stir -frys.I like a nice steak with SW chips and SW fried egg and mushrooms.Saturdays I do a SW curry.I add loads of veggies on the side to fill up on and jacket spuds.
Syns-I don't have a very sweet tooth-so things like wine,sauces,mostly ingredient stuffs(bit boring I know:D)

I usually hate clothes shopping, don't get me wrong, I love fashion and creating my own styles etc, but let's be honest, walking around Evans looking for size 22 jeans and size 20 tops just ain't much fun!
Nor is walking Into any shop and walking head down into the plus size section!

Well bugger me I spent four fricking hours walking into every shop!!! And why did I walk into every shop??! Because I COULD!

I was only shopping for a new top to wear for a birthday bash next Friday, usually I spend ages because nothing I like is ever in my size or I just look like an oversized bouncy ball wearing it, but today I walked into each shop and picked up at least 3-5 things and merrily went and tried them all on and they ALL fit! Sizes 16-18! Granted I do have rather large boobs which I'm hoping will drop slightly with the weight loss but I'm chuffed at how much I enjoyed shopping when things not only fit in the sizes they stock but also look NICE!

I walked into GAP and got a lovely jumper, I never would have walked into gap, or most of the shops I went in!

I feel great (well, I'm exhausted!) but this feeling is brill and will feel better once I hit my target jean size 10-12! I haven't set a target weight, but that's the size I want - so lets gets going!

Glad you enjoyed yourself shopping.I guess it does feel great when you can get something nice and it fits better.
I really hate shopping (cos I'm a caveman,lol)but I think it's also cos I feel horrible trying clothes on and when everything you put on looks S**T and you feel everyones looking at you-Bad!!:(

P.S
On a rant now.lol.
I know whats its like to only have the choice of one shop in town,usually M&S for me:(.I would love to go into a cool,trendy shop and get something to fit:rolleyes:

WoofWoof said:
Glad you enjoyed yourself shopping.I guess it does feel great when you can get something nice and it fits better.
I really hate shopping (cos I'm a caveman,lol)but I think it's also cos I feel horrible trying clothes on and when everything you put on looks S**T and you feel everyones looking at you-Bad!!:(

I feel that! The amount of times i would pick something nice up and felt like someone was looking at me thinking 'no chance your getting your fat ass in that luv!' lol but today didn't feel like that at all and I'm only a teeny tiny bit into where I wanna be! Just great! It can only get better and better!

Have you taken any 'before' pictures? I did that on day one and intend to do it at the end in the same outfit also which shouldn't be possible as I expect it to be dropping off me after dropping 6 jean sizes! 1 down 5 to go!

WoofWoof said:
P.S
On a rant now.lol.
I know whats its like to only have the choice of one shop in town,usually M&S for me:(.I would love to go into a cool,trendy shop and get something to fit:rolleyes:

Oh but you will do very soon! :)
I'll be happy to pay the same price as everyone else for a bra and not ££ more just cause its bigger lol here's hoping!

Glad you had a good day!!! :) x

Oh but you will do very soon! :)
I'll be happy to pay the same price as everyone else for a bra and not ££ more just cause its bigger lol here's hoping!

Back again..
the way things were going I was going to be looking for a bra too,uurrgh:confused: (major £££)
Never thought to do piccies of myself..well...I did,but I really hate having my picture taken.My Mrs loves taking pic's,but mostly of Mr Bertie(cos she says he's gorgeous!!! and her main man,lol:doggy: what's going on in this household?)

sent from my computer using my fingers:D

WoofWoof said:

sent from my computer using my fingers:D

That made me laugh!!

Not feeling great today, not sure why, I'm not going to get in any normal exercise this week aside from my job of walking all day and this is making me worry for my WI this week.

I feel a bit strange, the feeling of being on a diet has gone, I really feel like what and how and how much I cook is just the norm now and it worries me that I won't lose this week? Because it doesn't feel like I'm having to try hard I won't see a loss, does that even make sense?

Just feel a bit 'blah' today really, I expect my loss to slow but to what exactly? Is 0.5 or 1lb a week ever going to get me where I need to be in a realistic timeframe? Is it realistic to sustain a 2lbs a week loss?
My friend who just got her 3.5 stone award lost 3.5 last week... Which gives me hope some larger loss is still sustainable even after doing it for nearly a year

Think I'm just worried I won't lose anymore :-s

Hi Emmey i wouldn't worry too much, way back in '04 i got to target, but 4 weeks prior to that i lost 5 lbs, so big losses are still possible as you get smaller. I also think it is unrealistic to expect 2lbs every single week, simply because of how life is, and we dont know what it will throw at us. That said, I used to get told by my old consultant to look at weight loss over a fortnight, and i think that 4 lbs per fortnight is acheiveable, might be tricky at times, but acheiveable - it may be me just splitting hairs but i have found it really helpful in the past to look at my losses that way.

Hope you feel better soon, and stick with it - 1 1/2 stone in 5 weeks is an amazing acheivement xxx

Chin up chick, it does happen to all of us I am sure. I had a 4lbs loss, pigged out, 2lbs gain and then a STS. But, I can't let that deter me.

Like you said, just remember all the good things it is doing for your health. Secondly, why SHOULD it feel like you are on a diet? Everyone is always saying how it's a healthy eating plan for life, not a faddy diet. So in theory, it shouldn't feel like you are doing anything different. If that makes sense?!

You are doing brilliantly and just go back and read through some of your older posts for inspiration. For these are your thoughts and a reminder of how great you felt a long the way so far.
Take care x x

Back