A game that i'll win! My journey.

Hey emmey:) don't worry too much about weekly losses, they fluctuate so much. An example is me maintaining for weeks and weeks and then suddenly I drop 3.5!

Our bodies do what they want sometimes, I think the thing to focus on is seeing a minus each week in your book. No matter how big or small. Also it's good to look at your monthly losses as well as weekly ones:)

I don't feel like I'm on a diet. 10 months on and this is how I eat and how I plan to eat forever. People look stunned when I tell them I plan to stick to sw for life but it's become a life habit now:) and a good habit at that! It's normal eating. And I can't wait to tuck into my roast dinner in half an hr:)

Not feeling great today, not sure why, I'm not going to get in any normal exercise this week aside from my job of walking all day and this is making me worry for my WI this week.

I feel a bit strange, the feeling of being on a diet has gone, I really feel like what and how and how much I cook is just the norm now and it worries me that I won't lose this week? Because it doesn't feel like I'm having to try hard I won't see a loss, does that even make sense?

Just feel a bit 'blah' today really, I expect my loss to slow but to what exactly? Is 0.5 or 1lb a week ever going to get me where I need to be in a realistic timeframe? Is it realistic to sustain a 2lbs a week loss?
My friend who just got her 3.5 stone award lost 3.5 last week... Which gives me hope some larger loss is still sustainable even after doing it for nearly a year

Think I'm just worried I won't lose anymore :-s

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey, had real bad couple of days myself last week and felt exactly the same as you.
The thing is I could'nt put down exactly the way I was feeling either.Must admit I questioned why I was doing this and felt like I wanted to 'give in'.
I think some days we just feel a bit or very'Blah'it's on days like this we need support.
The thing is we are re-educating our diets so it becomes a 'normal' part of life.
Reading all the other guys posts on this thread I feel like they make a lot of sense.
Keep your chin up doll :bighug:

sent via stone axe on a tree:pcwhack:

WoofWoof said:
sent via stone axe on a tree:pcwhack:

Made me smile! :)

Probably didn't help my mood to step on the scales tonight then! Oops! Need a kick up the ass, food wise I'm doing fine but I'm not the type that's good at waiting for things and I know I'll have to wait a while to get where I want to be, after seeing the number on te scales earlier I'll be glad of any loss at this rate!

Gonna go sulk for a while and be back with a better attitude tomorrow :)

Thanks to everyone for their support, hoping to go away and come back in a better mood tomorrow :)

I HAVE to get on the Scales when I'm home tonight to shake of this utterly crap feeling I picked up when I got on them last night to see a bloody 4 lb GAIN??! How the flipping eck did THAT happen?! I've been 100%!!!

You better believe if it isn't gone and back to a STS or loss by tonight I'm going on a gosh darn hunger strike!!!

Blah! My first real BAD mood since starting SW 5 weeks ago.... Stand back :)

Emmey1 said:
Someone help me before I murder someone! Take my scales away!

Send them to me so I can take it in turns to weigh in different rooms! I am the same, went to the loo about 3am the other week and weighed myself in a sleepy daze! Ha ha!

MinkyDinky said:
Send them to me so I can take it in turns to weigh in different rooms! I am the same, went to the loo about 3am the other week and weighed myself in a sleepy daze! Ha ha!

Oh my! I'm glad it's not just me who overuses the scales! It's a really really bad habit that I can't shift! Ha I can kerb my bad eating but not my scale hopping lol

Ooops!! So it appears I've been eating what I think are more syns than I realised!!!

I thought the McCain rustic chips skins on we're 1 syn per 100g.... I've just been informed their 2.5 per 100g after cooking!

Yikes! Guess I should be pleased I've still been losing... How did I get that so wrong?!

Emmey1 said:
Ooops!! So it appears I've been eating what I think are more syns than I realised!!!

I thought the McCain rustic chips skins on we're 1 syn per 100g.... I've just been informed their 2.5 per 100g after cooking!

Yikes! Guess I should be pleased I've still been losing... How did I get that so wrong?!

I thought they were 1 per 100g too!

Mini_Mog said:
I thought they were 1 per 100g too!

Other half has checked the SW website it says 100g frozen - 1 syn
100g cooked as directed 2.5

Now he's just looked and we entered the nutrition info and it says 1syn...

So confused :-S

Emmey1 said:
Other half has checked the SW website it says 100g frozen - 1 syn
100g cooked as directed 2.5

Now he's just looked and we entered the nutrition info and it says 1syn...

So confused :-S

Strange, why would anyone eat them frozen? Haha!

Ask your consultant on weds. V confusing!

Mini_Mog said:
Strange, why would anyone eat them frozen? Haha!

Ask your consultant on weds. V confusing!

Haha I'd be tempted to eat them frozen if they are 2.5 syns! Great for summer weather lol :)

Awww don't worry about the chips, 1.5 syn difference could b worse!

As for the scales...I don't think there is a cure for this?!! I caught it too...but for me I will only get weighed first thing in the morning, naked, before I have had time to wake up and can't have had a drink or anything!! If I accidentally get in the shower first I can not weigh myself! Sometimes iforce myself into the shower before I get on my scales. For some reason I believe my body may absorb water in the shower!! Lol I am a nut job!!!

Cai said:
Awww don't worry about the chips, 1.5 syn difference could b worse!

As for the scales...I don't think there is a cure for this?!! I caught it too...but for me I will only get weighed first thing in the morning, naked, before I have had time to wake up and can't have had a drink or anything!! If I accidentally get in the shower first I can not weigh myself! Sometimes iforce myself into the shower before I get on my scales. For some reason I believe my body may absorb water in the shower!! Lol I am a nut job!!!

Haha thanks cai! If your a nut job I'm right behind you there haha :)

BIG thanks to MinkyDinky for bringing this to my attention!!

I have just made (and ate!) the most gorgeous slimming world friendly dessert ever!!

I present to you, my strawberry and banana roulad/Swiss roll of dreams!!

Please excuse my presentation skills, the taste does MORE than make up for it!

And just guess how many syns!

Go on, guess!

A half! Yes that's right, 0.5 syns! bloody lovely!

image-1609008215.jpg

Emmey1 said:
Testing! Forum won't let me upload a pic of my gorgeous new dessert!

Glad you have finally found a pud to satisfy :) it really is kinda yummy isn't it?! I used frozen mixed berries and loved it. It's going to be a weekend regular in our household! Xx

guy's this has been a totally crazy week!!
mad bouts of scale hopping( upsetting the scale Gods!) and water being absorbed through the skin adding weight(knew I should'nt have stood out in all that pesky rain)lol:rolleyes:
Gotta say that roulade looks really great!!
I don't particularly have a sweet tooth,but fancy I slice of that-think my significant other does too)Is the recipie on the SW website,or on here?
Emmey,your presentation skills can't be that bad:)
Hope your moods improved,so I'm sending some vibes to help:vibes:appease the 'scale Gods'

WoofWoof said:
guy's this has been a totally crazy week!!
mad bouts of scale hopping( upsetting the scale Gods!) and water being absorbed through the skin adding weight(knew I should'nt have stood out in all that pesky rain)lol:rolleyes:
Gotta say that roulade looks really great!!
I don't particularly have a sweet tooth,but fancy I slice of that-think my significant other does too)Is the recipie on the SW website,or on here?
Emmey,your presentation skills can't be that bad:)
Hope your moods improved,so I'm sending some vibes to help:vibes:appease the 'scale Gods'

Thanks! Scale gods be kind to me please! :)

It's on the forum but I'm happy to trade you the recipe for the vibes :)

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

Back