A game that i'll win! My journey.

Tessieg1 said:
Wow, well done on your 8lb weight loss. I have been struggling lately (long story), but reading this has inspired me more than ever to continue on my journey.
Good luck for next week. :D x

Oh thank you hun, that's SO wonderful to hear, good luck with your journey, if you have a diary I'll pop by and day hello :)

SO... Guess after last nights WI I half expected to wake up and feel starving and in need of every scrap of junk food I can get my hands on! Much like this past week was all a dream!

No chance :)

When I got home from WI I had a jacket potato with beans

Breakfast banana

Grapes, pear, strawberries and the new uncle bens sweet and sour 'rice time' pot - very nice

SW free chicken curry tonight so will probably syn some popsdoms and perhaps a naan depending if I think their worth the syns! Otherwise I'll save myself for my curly wurly - childhood memories! (and yes! They did used to be bigger!!)

Feeling good! sitting down tonight to plan next weeks meals ready to do the shopping Friday, must admit I loved the look of my anti-veg other half when I piled half the Trolly with green stuff! Priceless!

youcanhumpmyleg said:
haha ive started putting a curly wurly in the freezer :D makes them crunchy and takes longer to eat :D

Oh! Did not think of doing that! Shall stuff mine in when I get home, thanks for the tip.... Wonder what else I can stuff in the freezer... Lol

:) A very BIG well done . Thats a fabulous start . I am on week 2 of SW now and still cant believe all I can eat on it .....although I somehow manage to !! Look forward to joining you on your journey. Well done again

Mo

Hi
Just found and obviously read your diary. Just wanted to say It did make me laugh and also totally see myself in some of what u said. I don't think I ever have felt like I should be an overweight person but have been since as long as I can remember. So this SW journey for me I hope is going to help me become who I really should be. Hope that doesn't sound too dramatic and deep!! Hehe.

Congrats on your 8lb loss I have started my journey from near on the same point as u have, now 7 weeks in and have reached my first stone. It feels wonderful.

Will keep following you and how you are continuing to win the game!
X

jilly said:
:) A very BIG well done . Thats a fabulous start . I am on week 2 of SW now and still cant believe all I can eat on it .....although I somehow manage to !! Look forward to joining you on your journey. Well done again

Mo

Thanks Mo! Great to have a newbie to run along side with! Do you have a diary?
I'm totally the same which is why I was so worried about my first WI, 'how could I lose when I haven't felt hungry all week?!' but taadah! It's magical lol

jo-85 said:
Hi
Just found and obviously read your diary. Just wanted to say It did make me laugh and also totally see myself in some of what u said. I don't think I ever have felt like I should be an overweight person but have been since as long as I can remember. So this SW journey for me I hope is going to help me become who I really should be. Hope that doesn't sound too dramatic and deep!! Hehe.

Congrats on your 8lb loss I have started my journey from near on the same point as u have, now 7 weeks in and have reached my first stone. It feels wonderful.

Will keep following you and how you are continuing to win the game!
X

Big congrats on the stone hun! I bet that felt brilliant! I totally feel you though, not too deep at all but just really understand what you mean, probably does sound dramatic but it's time to bring the real me out of all this excess blubber lol :) be great to stay up to date on your journey :)

I dont, as yet, have a diary and I find myself asking why ? oooh just remembered, I'm rubbish at finding my way around sites. I will endeavor to find out how to start one within the next few days though.
You sound so enthusiastic I feel you will be sucessful and will keep looking in on you

Well done to Jo too, on losing a stone, thats a fabulous acheivement !

Mo

jilly said:
I dont, as yet, have a diary and I find myself asking why ? oooh just remembered, I'm rubbish at finding my way around sites. I will endeavor to find out how to start one within the next few days though.
You sound so enthusiastic I feel you will be sucessful and will keep looking in on you

Well done to Jo too, on losing a stone, thats a fabulous acheivement !

Mo

It's a simple as starting a new thread in the SW diary section, if you ever find your way into making one, let me know, always nice to have people to play the game with :) don't be a stranger!

Emmey1 said:
Big congrats on the stone hun! I bet that felt brilliant! I totally feel you though, not too deep at all but just really understand what you mean, probably does sound dramatic but it's time to bring the real me out of all this excess blubber lol :) be great to stay up to date on your journey :)

Thanks it did feel brilliant and makes me want to lose more. Am hoping for just short of another two stone before Xmas based on 2lbs per week. That is what I like about this site there is always somebody who knows how u feel.

I have a diary of my own "Jo Jo will not yo yo anymore". But I will be catching up here with you definately.

And thanks mo good luck with your weight loss too let us know if u do start a diary
Xx

Haha in all the excitement of my 8lbs loss last night I totally forgot to mention my extreme excitement (probably way too extreme for a woman of 26 lol) about my half stone sticker and ... CERTIFICATE!!

Which now sits very proudly on my fridge! Oh yes! I don't have children for their drawings to go up there so my aim is to fill it with certificates, just for that little reminder of how far I've come when I venture off for a peak in the fridge... Also got my OH to take some very bad 'before photos' which I'm also tempted to stick on the fridge! Because I HATE that women who's in them! Who is she??! Oh yes, me! Just not for long though eh? :p

jo-85 said:
Thanks it did feel brilliant and makes me want to lose more. Am hoping for just short of another two stone before Xmas based on 2lbs per week. That is what I like about this site there is always somebody who knows how u feel.

I have a diary of my own "Jo Jo will not yo yo anymore". But I will be catching up here with you definately.

And thanks mo good luck with your weight loss too let us know if u do start a diary
Xx

Ooh love the diary name!! I shall find it tonight! Also an excellent target for Christmas and easily do-able and also the target I'm going for! Hurray! :)

Been looking through a LOT of people's diary's lately (on here, not like the personal diary's under beds etc!) and saw a first post a lady had written about why she hates being fat so she could look back and remind herself for motivation

I can't remember who's it was as I've looked at so many so I'm sorry I can't credit but it inspired me to add my own thoughts so I can look back when I need a kick up the bum!

Why I hate being the size I am:

Having to pay way more than normal size woman for underwear, or having to buy plain boring granny style because for some reason designers assume anyone over a size 16 has no taste or desire to look sexy and therefore doesn't cater for that size!

Finding myself looking into the window of a shop with really nice style clothes and realising it's one of those shops that only go up to a size stupid and feeling like the sales assistants are looking at me thinking 'yeah right you'll never get yourself into these clothes luv'

Spotting a nice pair or jeans rushing over to the rack and being dead excited that my size is there!!! Then realising I'm in the maternity section!!!

Having really great shoes to go with skinny jeans, ones that need to be tight around the ankle to really show off the shoes... Finding the perfect fit around the ankle is fine... Getting my thighs arse and belly into them is the hard part!!!

Knee or calf length boots? Yeah right! Like getting an elephant into a pair of child's socks!

Those small toilets where your virtually wedged sat on the loo between the cubicle wall and the sanitary towel bin!

Two words... Muffin top!!!

Trying to hide my out of breath-ness when someone talks to me after climbing a set of stairs!

Sore skin from thighs rubbing in the summer!

Feel free to add! I'm sure I'll think of more!

I've had a badly prepared day today which in annoyed at myself for:

Started well for breakfast

28g weetabix mini
Dash of semi skimmed milk

Lunch! Well the plan was to get another of the uncle end rice time sweet and sour pot do dahs to bung in the microwave, went to three supermarkets before work and could I find any??! NO! So had a panic as I had nothing prepared for lunch at work, so panic brought lunch:

Mug shot
Muller light yoghurt
Strawberries
Pineapple

I hope that's enough food, never thought I'd be in danger of not eating enough!

Looking forward to the SW website sweet chili chicken and SW chips tonight after the weekly shopping though!
Om nom nom!

Thank you! Yes I have totally noticed this weeks much more of a sustainable life change rather than a crash diet! Really assuring that your still going strong after 15months! Well done :)

Thanks Emmey! x

Couldn't help noticing how well you have done! Very inspirational x x x

Thanks Sherrie! x

Been looking through a LOT of people's diary's lately (on here, not like the personal diary's under beds etc!) and saw a first post a lady had written about why she hates being fat so she could look back and remind herself for motivation

I can't remember who's it was as I've looked at so many so I'm sorry I can't credit but it inspired me to add my own thoughts so I can look back when I need a kick up the bum!

Why I hate being the size I am:

Having to pay way more than normal size woman for underwear, or having to buy plain boring granny style because for some reason designers assume anyone over a size 16 has no taste or desire to look sexy and therefore doesn't cater for that size!

Finding myself looking into the window of a shop with really nice style clothes and realising it's one of those shops that only go up to a size stupid and feeling like the sales assistants are looking at me thinking 'yeah right you'll never get yourself into these clothes luv'

Spotting a nice pair or jeans rushing over to the rack and being dead excited that my size is there!!! Then realising I'm in the maternity section!!!

Having really great shoes to go with skinny jeans, ones that need to be tight around the ankle to really show off the shoes... Finding the perfect fit around the ankle is fine... Getting my thighs arse and belly into them is the hard part!!!

Knee or calf length boots? Yeah right! Like getting an elephant into a pair of child's socks!

Those small toilets where your virtually wedged sat on the loo between the cubicle wall and the sanitary towel bin!

Two words... Muffin top!!!

Trying to hide my out of breath-ness when someone talks to me after climbing a set of stairs!

Sore skin from thighs rubbing in the summer!

Feel free to add! I'm sure I'll think of more!

Ha! It might have been mine - I have a first post like that. Loving your list - and seeing lots of similarities. My best NSV this week? Getting a pair of knee length boots to do up over my calves and a pair of skinny jeans - when I bought them in April, I couldn't get them done up at all! Funny how we notice weight loss from our bellies/bums etc, but it takes longer to notice from other parts!

Well done on your certificate and here's to many more! x

im sure itl be enough hun :D my mate takes loads of fruit and yogurts to work but makes sure she has a huge tea :D shes lost nearly 2 stone in 9 weeks :D

youcanhumpmyleg said:
im sure itl be enough hun :D my mate takes loads of fruit and yogurts to work but makes sure she has a huge tea :D shes lost nearly 2 stone in 9 weeks :D

Ooh perfect! Lol must admit didn't think id feel full but was stuffed!! :)

Spanx said:
Thanks Emmey! x

Thanks Sherrie! x

Ha! It might have been mine - I have a first post like that. Loving your list - and seeing lots of similarities. My best NSV this week? Getting a pair of knee length boots to do up over my calves and a pair of skinny jeans - when I bought them in April, I couldn't get them done up at all! Funny how we notice weight loss from our bellies/bums etc, but it takes longer to notice from other parts!

Well done on your certificate and here's to many more! x

Brilliant news on the boots!!! Well done! I have a pair I can get on but had to get them from Evans so not my most fave pair, it'll be nice to have some more options from normal shops that's for sure!

Loved my evening tea tonight of the SW website sweet chilli chicken! Recommend it highly! Had it with SW chips so very yummy! Polished off a curly wurly too which was also lovely and the only way I'd get any actual syns in today...

I often have to really think about eating syns, I don't really know if this is a good or a bad thing? It's nice not to have to deprive myself, it'll mean in the long run I won't be found rocking back and forth in the corner of the room having binge eating 50 chocolate bars!

On the syn note I plan on giving the 'apple betty' on the SW website a try, helps with my sweet tooth at times, don't even know what the 'betty' part of an apple Betty is but the picture looks nice lol

Working tomorrow which is rare but also good, means I'll be too busy and won't suffer the wrath of boredom at home and raid the cupboards! Bonus!

Off to watch some telly before I retire to bed for the 7am alarm... On a Saturday!!! Criminal!!

Back