A game that i'll win! My journey.

lynica said:
Thanks huni they sound nice think my girlies would like them too with beans mmmm
I would use sweet potatoe too maybe half of the potatoe and I'm using butternut squash a lot so apart from the cabbage got it all in might make them this week thanks xx made the medetrraian roasted veg soup last night ( from latest mag) I'll let you know if it's nice going have it today before my 11 mile run :)
Have a good weekend xx

Oh yes let me know as I don't do very well with soups lol they all taste like nothingness to me!
Good luck on the run too! Starting the shred today so here goes lol
I still plan on starting running one day when my weight gets lower - I really admire your running skillz ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck with 3lb off this week and don't forget to let us know how day one of the 30day shred goes. I'm hoping for 2.5lb this week (although more would be nice!) I've made a 1/2 syn roulade to get me through any sticky moments over the weekend!! Good luck everyone!!

brummie66 said:
Good luck with 3lb off this week and don't forget to let us know how day one of the 30day shred goes. I'm hoping for 2.5lb this week (although more would be nice!) I've made a 1/2 syn roulade to get me through any sticky moments over the weekend!! Good luck everyone!!

Haha brilliant - I also made the roulade today for that exact reason! Full with strawberries!
I will be very surprised (and annoyed!) not to get a 3 this week as in being so good and writing everything, measuring everything, changing what foods I eat, snacking on veg and not just fruit, sticking to syns - will start the shred and also brought some green tea today which frankly tastes a bit like wee flavoured (or what I assume wee would taste like!) but I've read how great it can be for weight loss so I'm going to drink 3 a day this week

I can't weigh on Wednesday at my usual group as I am at the dentist - so I'm going to a different group on Thursday evening as I don't wanna miss the weigh really

Saying that I'm waiting for my next 12 weeks of vouchers to come through from Thursday's meeting with my nurse so they better come by then :)

I def need to look bk in ye diary for when u posted the roulard (sp) recipe!!! Xx

Cai said:
I def need to look bk in ye diary for when u posted the roulard (sp) recipe!!! Xx

Here it is cai - it's perfect for sweet tooth combat

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

Emmey1 said:
Here it is cai - it's perfect for sweet tooth combat

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

Thanks :) I've copied it all :) think might try this tomorrow xx

If you don't mind adding 2 syns and making it 2.5 syn roulade then try the following as a filling. 250g greek 0% yogurt, sweetener(your choice how much) and a chocolate option of your choice. So far I've tried a white chocolat and a belgium chocolate one. Thinking hazlenut might also be good!

brummie66 said:
If you don't mind adding 2 syns and making it 2.5 syn roulade then try the following as a filling. 250g greek 0% yogurt, sweetener(your choice how much) and a chocolate option of your choice. So far I've tried a white chocolat and a belgium chocolate one. Thinking hazlenut might also be good!

Oh I've heard people do this by just adding the options to the quark filling - I did consider adding the chocolate Philly but then you really are taking the syns up as I think you'll need at least two pots to get a good chocolate covering ;-)

Just had dinner and it was lovely - steak picked up from the butchers this morning with chips and veg - yum!

Now I'm seriously full! But I've saved syns for some weight watchers chocolate cake bars - and I think this is where I've gone wrong which lead me to my starting weight of 20stone (SO glad I'm not that weight anymore!) I would still go and force down the chocolate now because I WANT it - even tho I'm really full!
And that there is my big problem - I do just LOVE food - ill eat past being hungry just because I love the taste of food - I've often eaten till I feel physical pain in my stomach because the food is nice

I think it's important for me to not just lose weight but discover why I got this way in the first place so I don't just go back again - main issue is the amount of food
I had some really bad habits - I would never have breakfast - if I went into a shop for anything - like bog roll - id come out with a chocolate - there were times in the past I would come home from work and eat a bar of chocolate or crisps WHILE I was cooking dinner to eat literally 20minutes later

I think I'll always be tempted by take aways - once again in the past I'd eat and order way more than what was needed

Anyway - that's enough reflection on life lol I'll have myself something yum later tonight if I'm not still full - if I am then I just won't have it ;-)

Emmey1 said:
Just had dinner and it was lovely - steak picked up from the butchers this morning with chips and veg - yum!

Now I'm seriously full! But I've saved syns for some weight watchers chocolate cake bars - and I think this is where I've gone wrong which lead me to my starting weight of 20stone (SO glad I'm not that weight anymore!) I would still go and force down the chocolate now because I WANT it - even tho I'm really full!
And that there is my big problem - I do just LOVE food - ill eat past being hungry just because I love the taste of food - I've often eaten till I feel physical pain in my stomach because the food is nice

Obviously this Should say I would eat past being FULL not hungry lol doh!

Emmey1 said:

I think it's important for me to not just lose weight but discover why I got this way in the first place so I don't just go back again - main issue is the amount of food
I had some really bad habits - I would never have breakfast - if I went into a shop for anything - like bog roll - id come out with a chocolate - there were times in the past I would come home from work and eat a bar of chocolate or crisps WHILE I was cooking dinner to eat literally 20minutes later

I think I'll always be tempted by take aways - once again in the past I'd eat and order way more than what was needed

Anyway - that's enough reflection on life lol I'll have myself something yum later tonight if I'm not still full - if I am then I just won't have it ;-)

This was so me too!!!
Sometimes I would eat 2 slices of toast while I cooked - and by cooked I mean heated up!! Lol.

Hubby was a bad influence on me too! I didn't eat many take aways (maybe 1 a month) where as he was 2 a wk! Plus foods like mcdonalds (which I always liked but never went!)

Before long hubby and I were ordering enough food for 3-4 'larger eaters' and I would just not stop!!! I'd go bk an hour or 2 later to eat more cos it was there on the side!

Hubby doesn't like Chinese take away (I love it) and where we loved a few yrs ago u had to spend £15 to get free delivery (or just pay £1) so I'd order special fried rice, s's chicken and a chow mein - plus spring rolls and prawn crackers!! I'd eat loads then continue eating it the day after (for breakfast!)

I've also been known to to eat a full 6 pack of pom bears in 1 day with choc too!
Large bars were 'serves 1' and multiple-packs were opened and shared. I'd eat 2-3 bars on a Sunday while catching up on tv! Or eat half a pack of biscuits with a coffee lol.

Sometimes I think I miss it cos I too lovethe taste of food! But I don't miss the heartburn, breathlessness and uncomfortable feeling I used to get! Xx

Cai said:
This was so me too!!!
Sometimes I would eat 2 slices of toast while I cooked - and by cooked I mean heated up!! Lol.

Hubby was a bad influence on me too! I didn't eat many take aways (maybe 1 a month) where as he was 2 a wk! Plus foods like mcdonalds (which I always liked but never went!)

Before long hubby and I were ordering enough food for 3-4 'larger eaters' and I would just not stop!!! I'd go bk an hour or 2 later to eat more cos it was there on the side!

Hubby doesn't like Chinese take away (I love it) and where we loved a few yrs ago u had to spend £15 to get free delivery (or just pay £1) so I'd order special fried rice, s's chicken and a chow mein - plus spring rolls and prawn crackers!! I'd eat loads then continue eating it the day after (for breakfast!)

I've also been known to to eat a full 6 pack of pom bears in 1 day with choc too!
Large bars were 'serves 1' and multiple-packs were opened and shared. I'd eat 2-3 bars on a Sunday while catching up on tv! Or eat half a pack of biscuits with a coffee lol.

Sometimes I think I miss it cos I too lovethe taste of food! But I don't miss the heartburn, breathlessness and uncomfortable feeling I used to get! Xx

Cai my other half is exactly the same as yours - we're both as bad as each other really as neither of us will turn down the option of a take away - I genuinely think if it wasn't for the money we could eat a different one every night! Which suits him as he is perfect weight and will lose weight easily of needed but I seem to take on enough for him and me lol

Oh our typical Chinese order used to be
2/3 starter type foods - 3 main meals with rice and chips - really we eat for 3/4 people - our evening meals we made were usually out of jars so curry - chip up chicken and throw in a jar of sauce - same with chilli or Bolognese etc etc - it really doesn't take that much longer to cook the slimming world meals so I don't think that'll change once my weight is where it would be - but I've decided once I hit target I'll continue to weigh myself once a month - and be very strict in not allowing myself above a certain number - I'm more focused on a clothing size but nurse has said 11st for my height (5'7) would be healthy - so at the moment I'm aiming for 10st 10 and think I'll keep the 11st mark as the point I don't want to go over - I think I'll need to watch my weight for life - but hopefully that incentive of loving my body and feeling great confidence wise and health wise will be motivation enough to stay at target :)

So food today has been as follows and that's it for tonight

Breakfast
Banana

Snack - 2 celery sticks

Lunch - 3 mini quiches made today with mushroom onion and tomatoes
Packet of mini animal biscuits (5syn)
An orange

Tea
Steak
300g chips (3 syn)
Pepper sauce (2syn)
Mix veg

Small piece roulade

Two green teas (making a third and final one now)

Total syns - 10

No shred today as just been so busy cooking some bits for lunches at work this week but WILL start it tomorrow - I'm on a corse at work Tuesday an Wednesday - lectures mainly so I'll be sat down and won't matter thy I can barely move lol

Hi Emmey - I can so simpathise with you on the 'old you' take out situation - I think it was just a feeling of 'cant be bothered to cook' most of the time - plus, my husband is over 6ft and I am 5ft 1", but, am not sure if I see food as a possession or something (obviously not just as fuel), but I had to have the same sized portion as him - I would feel ripped off if he got more I guess. Probably didnt help that we had massive sized plates too!

Anyway Emmey - I have to ask - What is the 30 day shred??? Soz for being a thickey!! lol

Emmey1 said:

Cai said:
This was so me too!!!

Both of you sound like me and hubby LOL it's really bad when you actually read it out loud...

I'm glad we're now doing something about it.

Food will always be our addiction, but we are slowly learning how to cope and destroy most of our horrible habits xx

Roziee said:
Both of you sound like me and hubby LOL it's really bad when you actually read it out loud...

I'm glad we're now doing something about it.

Food will always be our addiction, but we are slowly learning how to cope and destroy most of our horrible habits xx

Here here! Xx

Val72 said:
Hi Emmey - I can so simpathise with you on the 'old you' take out situation - I think it was just a feeling of 'cant be bothered to cook' most of the time - plus, my husband is over 6ft and I am 5ft 1", but, am not sure if I see food as a possession or something (obviously not just as fuel), but I had to have the same sized portion as him - I would feel ripped off if he got more I guess. Probably didnt help that we had massive sized plates too!

Anyway Emmey - I have to ask - What is the 30 day shred??? Soz for being a thickey!! lol

Hey val

The 30 day shred is a workout DVD - lasts approx 25 mins a session and is meant to be done every day for 30 days - 10 days of level 1 then level 2 and then three - I did start it a few weeks ago and it was pretty intense and I hurt like hell the next day but had to stop due to another injury - I've heard it do wonders for weightloss and toning especially and Inch loss - google it I believe the lady (who I hate lol) is called jillian :)

Hello world

Food for today has been:

Breakfast
Bowl of grapefruit segments

Lunch
Couscous made by my lovely fiancé an it was smashing!first time I've tried it too - had it with three of the mini quiches I made yesterday and some pomegranate added in
Also made lamb samosas with filo pastry 4 syns for two - well worth it!
A weight watchers cake bar (4syn)

Dinner tonight is roast chicken in the oven now, with roast potatoes and veg and gravy (how many syns is normal 'add hot water' gravy??)

I'm pleased as usually I use a lot of oil for my roast potatoes but decided to try frylight ones and they do seem to be crisping up nicely!

If I'm hungry later I'll get other half to make more couscous lol it really was nice and very filling!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday - Im ashamed to say I don't plan on starting the shred today - I've decided as I'm going to be quite physical at work tomorrow I could do without being achey - but I'm in lectures Tuesday and Wednesday so if I start it tomorrow it doesn't matter if I can barely move - I WILL start tomorrow - promise!!

Also have some roulade left for later if I have a sweet tooth

Total syns (if I assume gravy is 2??) 10 syns

Oh and so far two green tea's but will have a third tonight :)

Roziee said:
It depends really... I usually count it at 4 as I like alot :D

Ah thanks rozie! I'm not having anymore syns today so it's okay if it's more than 2 :)

Back