A Good Trick

Dutch

Goodbye Tum
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd share a great trick I've learnt to put me off wanting the junk food.

Break the food down into it's raw ingredients and think, would you eat a plate with them on. eg if you're after the bread, would you sit with a plate of flour salt water and yeast??? that's all it is just cooked, same with biscuits, it's just sugar butter and flour, imagine eating just them, it's just the cooking bit that makes you want them.

Hope this helps, I won't go into the thing about milk that has made me decide to go dairy free after I've got to goal xx;)

i like this idea!! I also envisage all the fat in stuff find that helpful.... I so want to know about the milk thing!!......... could you pm me??

the milk ...eeeew I watched the documentary a while back and it said there was a whole lot of pus in cows milk and that was acceptable! Apaarantly in the USA you can buy standard milk or milk that has less of this yukky stuff in it. After that I never even looked at another glass of milk i just couldnt bring myself to drink it, though I do manage a tiny amount in my cup of tea.

As for the other foods - I am trying (so very hard) to think about the calories and fat and if I ate this one thing I would have to not eat for a whole 24 hours to undo it and that just doesnt wash. I watched a prog the other night that said a portion of chip shop chips had over 1000 calories in it...that is a day and a half of shakes!!! doesnt mean I wont eat them but it really does help.

the other thing that helps for me is if I am preparing food for other people is to make stuff I wont eat. We had a couple of parties and I made loads of nibbles that I wouldnt eat EVER and I was good (wheres my halo?).

Our milk is pasteurised ie heated to a high temp to kill some bacteria but it will still have some bacteria that eventually spoils the milk but it's not harmful to most people. You can buy unpasteurised milk in the USA I think as well so maybe this Is what they mean.

Back