A Graceful Descent

well the footie went so well last night that I seriously wish I'd gone to my meeting and weighed in instead!! I didn't even get any exercise jumping up and down we were that poor :( Oh well - on to the next game on Saturday and that's away so I will be sat at home listening to it on the radio without the smell of the fantastically tasty pies distracting me and trying to tempt me with their evil ways ;)

Food order just arrived so when I open my fridge or cupboards I'm faced with lots of nice healthy choices so Wednesday is always a good day.

Today's menu...

Breakfast = 6pps

Gluten free chocolate stars cereal (3)
Skimmed milk - including for tea etc today (3)
Melon (0)

Lunch = 9pps

Gluten free crispbreads (3)
Low fat brussels pate (3)
Curly wurly (3)
Bunch of grapes (0)

Dinner = 15pps

Tuna pasta bake
Coleman's mix (2)
Skimmed milk (3)
Tuna (2)
Pasta (6)
Cathedral city light cheese (2)
Fruit (0)
Meringue nest (1)

Total = 31/31

Dinner is a LOT of points for me but its a packet mix made for 4 so even halfing it the points are quite high. I keep looking at it thinking I could just do tuna and pasta then top it with cheese and bake it and save myself about 5 points but I'm setting myself a challenge this week to try and get my daily points spot on and see what happens so I'm going to make myself stick to it and keep in my head that I need to relax on how many points are involved because I'm eating the right amount over the day.

So my positives ...

1. Went to the football and DIDN'T succumb to temptation so that's a big step to getting some stickers on my chart next week. I organised myself ahead of time and allowed myself the time I needed to concentrate on my diet so that I wasn't sabotaged and fitted my diet into having a social life as well.

2. Planned my day's menu to ensure that I used the correct number of points today without panicking that I was eating too much.

3. Another day heading towards my ultimate goal and keeping focused on my priorities in order to get there. Each day that I keep to the Weight Watchers plan is another day nearer to that achievement.

Great positives Miff . I like that last one, another day closer to goal ,great way to think of things. :D:D

so my morning has been hectic as all hell and I only just managed to finish breakfast at 10.30am!! I have been struggling getting to sleep lately and been really tired so last night I was lucky and finally managed to drop off at midnight ... and my phone rings at 1am!!! It turns out it was a friend of mine who hit the wrong button on her mobile and rang me by mistake - and having had an hour "power nap" I then couldn't get back to sleep for ages. Aaaagggghhhhhhhhh. So I ended up this morning falling back to sleep after my alarm went off so was running late already. Was just getting breakfast made at 9am and my phone starts and literally hasn't stopped since. So I've not stopped all morning, have only just managed to eat, I'm knackered already but I haven't actually done any work that I can point at and say look at what I did this morning - I have a feeling its going to be one of THOSE days today lol

On the bright side one of those phonecalls was a friend of mine trying to find out when I'm free to book me in for my first ever spray tan as my birthday present so that I look particularly fabulous when we go out for my birthday which I thought was a lovely idea - she's one of those awesome friends where rather than just buying a generic gift she always comes up with nice little unusual ideas that you would love to do but wouldn't necessarily go and spend the money on yourself. I made her agree a while ago that we didn't buy presents for each other's birthdays but I usually buy something small for her two kids - she always feels bad that I am paying out and she isn't, even though it really is fine by me, so last year she got me a little box of belgian chocolates for my birthday. Weren't expensive or she knew I'd moan at her for spending the money but the reason behind it is that she remembers that when she lived on her own the one thing you never buy for yourself is an actual box of chocolates - again really thoughtful. So to counteract the previous posts about my crappy friends I do have some really lovely ones as well :)

And one of the other calls - which is still ongoing back and forth - was one of my work colleagues who is currently trying to sort out getting me a season ticket sorted for the footie as she works for them as well and has been trying to pull some strings for me. They are still working on that and trying to see if they can find something that keeps me within a reasonable distance of my brother and nephews and will get back to me so right now I'm crossing everything under the sun in the hope that we find something :)

Anyway - today's menu plan is as follows:-

Breakfast = 4pps
Smoothie
Mullerlight mandarin yogurt (3)
Banana (0)
Flax seed oil (1)
Tin of mandarins drained (0)

Lunch = 10pps
Prawn noodle salad
1/2 pack of prawns (3)
Egg noodles (6)
Stir fried veggies (0)
Half fat creme fraiche (1)

Dinner = 10pps
Chicken (4)
Risotto rice 50g (5)
Spinach (0)
Various vegetables (0)
Knorr stock pot (1)

General = 3pps
Skimmed milk for tea etc (3)

Total = 27/31

I saw a recipe for prawn noodle salad somewhere last week so added it to my menu plan for the week but now can't find where it was so I'm kind of making lunch up as I go. I didn't realise egg noodles were quite so high in points but I'm going with my whole plan of relaxing on all of that and using up my dailies in full this week. I have 4 points left over which I will then use for pudding or a snack during the day if I want one etc. I'm being very good so far this week - I put a pack of 5 curly wurlies in my food order yesterday and I haven't eaten them all in one sitting which is incredibly restrained of me compared with how I've been recently!!!

So today's positives ...

1. Continued to plan out my meals in order to retain control over what I eat and avoid any triggers.

2. Allowed myself a curly wurly treat but didn't allow myself to eat all 5 in one go and stuck to my plan.

3. Used all of my daily points in order to eat a more balanced diet overall without obsessing over it which is another little step towards incorporating my new eating plans into my life going forward and making success more likely long term.

Looking good :) xx

Hi Miff ,hope you had a good weekend. Was away myself as well with some girlfriends . A break is wonderful . behaved myself TG . How are things with you ?.:)

so this weekend everything went out the window again - no energy whatsoever, didn't want to cook anything, ended up eating chocolate but no actual food etc etc etc ... and then lady week starts (sorry tmi!). Well that explains it.

This morning my scales show that over the last two weeks I have now STS which means that if it still shows that way at weigh in tomorrow night that will be over 3 weeks since I last had a loss. Time to take things in hand and remember why I'm doing this I think - I have got into a rut where I'm actually quite happy with the weight I am at the moment and have lost sight of my goals a little bit and gone back to not really concentrating on what I'm eating. The chocolate and eating rubbish side of it is unusual and was simply hormonal this weekend but I've fallen back into skipping meals etc far too easily again - there's been at least one occassion the last couple of weeks where I didn't want to cook so ended up eating a bowl of instant mashed potato and that was it. Not good.

I've also fallen into the classic trap of getting bored - I'm coming up with recipe ideas every week but then not really wanting to be bothered with making the fancy stuff and then falling back on old habits. So this morning I've gone back over some of the earlier pages of my diet which has had a twofold effect in reminding me how I felt when I started and why I'm doing this and given me a bit of a boot up the backside to get back on track but I've also looked at some of what I was eating to get some better ideas and stop me falling back into those old habits again. I'm hoping that as from today I get myself back to where I should be in order to get the next few lbs off over the next 3 weeks. I need to lose 4.5 by then which is going to be hard going now - or if I weight myself in the morning I only need to lose 3 so I'd be happy with just hitting that one for now! So if anyone else would like to join in in giving me a boot up the backside please feel free lol

So today's menu ...

Breakfast = 2pps
Fresh fruit salad (0)
Flaked almonds (2)

Lunch = 8pps
Chicken breast (4)
Light philadelphia (1)
Salad (0)
Muller light mandarin yogurt (3)
Apple (0)

Dinner = 12pps
100g new potatoes (2)
Trout (5)
2 x Mini corn on the cob (4)
Olive oil (1)

General = 3pps
Skimmed milk (3)

Total so far = 25/31

I'm really hungry this morning as although breakfast was a big bowl of fresh fruit it does tend to go through me quicker than most over breakfasts. I have made sure that I don't have any "bad" snacks in the house though so I guess I'll be increasing my fruit intake in between meals today to stave off the hunger :)

Hi Miff , just been catching up with your diary. You are doing great with your tracking. You are so adventurous with your food . I tend to stick with the ones I know, which eventually gets boring. Hope you thyroid test confirms your suspicions. I had my bloods done on Friday but no results yet. Its a minefield . Keep up the good work:D:D

Hi ladies. Ive been reading your posts with great interest . I too was diagnosed with underactive thyroid . I couldnt understand the extreme tiredness but now know what it was. Ive had my second lot of bloods done on fri and hope to get results soon cos the tiredness is back with a bang . But thankfully my weight is starting to come down . Its great to see people in the same boat. X x

Hi Goose and welcome onboard. Are you following the pro points system at the moment? It really is the first diet I've ever followed that is working for me (ignoring the extreme ones) - no idea what the difference is but I'm not going to question it lol It does help a lot when your meds are at the right level and your bloods are all where they should be - if you only started treatment recently from experience your thyroid will probably get slightly worse before it gets better so that might explain the tiredness and you might well need to slowly increase your meds over time - with any luck you have a good doctor who is on the ball with everything but if not let me know and I can direct you to a really good web forum who have a massive amount of expertise and are soooooo helpful.

I need to look back and see when my last meds increase was to work out when to book my next blood check for - its possible that I've gone slightly too far with the meds and that could explain why I'm pretty drained at the moment. I'm not tired and exhausted like I am when I'm ill though so it could just be a little tweak is needed - it appears that I have a VERY narrow window on my TSH reading as to when I feel well. I also know that when I increase my meds it can go a little bit too far to begin with until my body readjusts and brings it back in line though so I think I'll leave it a little bit longer and see how I feel at the end of this month maybe. Oh and I have the neurologist next week so it could be that they want more blood tests anyway so I may as well see what happens at that appointment I guess.

I've been incredibly good today and have indeed stuck to my menu plan - mainly because I have no other food in my house so have no choice lol I did add a bowl of fresh fruit salad for pudding after dinner and squirted some summer fruit ice cream sauce stuff on it to give it more flavour - I have no idea what to point that at but found Asda's mango sauce at 1 point for 15ml and thought that would be in that region so I estimated it at 2 points for the spoonful I used. I'm actually really hungry this evening but struggling to think what else to eat as I don't really have much left in the house until my food order arrives Wednesday lunchtime - I might have a bowl of cereal to see if that does the trick though.

I'm viewing being hungry as a good sign though - with any luck it means I might be able to get even so much as 1/2lb off before weigh in tomorrow night - I'm crossing everything in the hope it helps!

Thanks a millionfor that. I had the first set of bloods done 12 wks ago and after 2 months started feeling great . I also had low folic acid and b12 levels so all in all not a good combination for tiredness but was great until 3 wks ago then the tiredness and shakiness came back with a bang. Im on pro points this time. I was on the old points from oct last year to jan but then felt so tired and sick i stopped . I had lost 22 lbs and between jan and sept i put back on 11 . Ive lost a stone now in 5 wks and hopefully will keep losing. Im the same in the evenings very hungry but ive just juggled my points and use less at lunch and more at dinner then i dont feel the need to stuff my face with the devils work that is chocolate lol . Hopefully your bloods will determine your levels too . You seem to have a very bad reaction if you are even a bit off x

are you getting B12 injections? I need to get mine checked again I think - bits I keep reading about the symptoms I have that are being looked into by the neurologist also pop up on Vitamin B deficiency stuff and I know its pretty common with thyroid problems. Have you had your Vitamin D and calcium levels checked as well as they are another pretty standard one for thyroid.

Well my sneaky pre-weigh in weigh in this morning is looking good so lets hope it stays that way before tonight's official one! I could really do with a good loss this week to get me back on track and focused again so here's crossing everything. I got distracted online last night so didn't end up eating anything else which helped make me realise that a lot of my hunger isn't genuine hunger as if I distract myself it goes away again without a problem. I think I need to ignore it for at least 30 minutes each time to see if I'm still hungry at the end of it and start re-training myself to recognise when I actually need to eat and when its in my head.

Today's menu ...

Breakfast = 3

Pineapple smoothie (2)
Flax oil (1)

Lunch = 3!!

Roasted butternut squash (0)
Beetroot (0)
Salad (0)
10 x cashew nuts (2)
Olive oil for roasting (1)

Dinner = 10

Sweetcorn and butterbean chowder (7)
Gluten free crispbreads (3)

General = 3pps
Milk (3)

Total so far = 19/31

The 3 points for lunch seems ridiculously small but that's a HUGE meal as its half a pack of salad, half a huge butternut squash and a whole pack of beetroot. I add in the cashew nuts to give it some protein so its not pure carb. As its all zero point foods its really low in points but I literally cannot fit any more on my plate with it as there's so much food. I could increase the points take by having feta cheese instead of the cashew nuts but it seems stupid to switch healthy fats (nuts) for less healthy foods (cheese) just to increase the points.

I'm sure I'll end up eating a couple of WW bars at the meeting as well as I don't eat dinner until I get home on weigh in night and will probably have a yogurt at lunchtime to add in another 2 points.

So now I'm just keeping everything crossed for a good loss tonight and I'll be back later to let you know how it goes :)

Menu looks good for today. Ive had poached eggs on toast . Thats as far as my planning has gotten today lol. Im the same with eating . When my baby went for her nap i would stuff myself out of boredom , now i come on here and all the great stories and encouragement keep me busy so i dont snack as much . Im getting b12 injections monthly for now but got those bloods checked too so hopefully have results today or tomorrow to see whats next and maybe get some energy back , although i force myself to go walking every day and generally feel better after it . Good luck for wi later. Keep me posted x x

1.5lbs down this week which I'm happy with even though my own scales said 2lbs down this morning so was hoping to hit the same on the official ones - serves me right for drinking a BIG cup of tea within half an hour of weigh in lol

So that puts me right on track for my goal and puts me at 3lb to lose in 3 weeks to hit it. I know it doesn't seem to unrealistic but at the same time I also accept that my body does whatever my body decides its going to do and I don't really have too much control over that and the 1.5lbs this week was over a 2 week period so that's below that target. I'm close enough that I'm not going to sweat about it though - as long as I know I've done everything I can to reach it then the rest is just down to whether my thyroid decides to play ball or not.

Oh and I didn't get the sweetcorn and butterbean chowder in the end - it hasn't defrosted properly and is the consistency of playdough which wasn't overly appetising! lol As my food order doesn't arrive until tomorrow that left me with the appetising choice of nothing but a bowl of smash with salad cream for dinner followed by a weight watchers bar. Oh well - weigh in nights don't count anyway and its got to be better than me going out and getting a take away right? ;)

Oh and finally got to put some more stickers on my chart so that was good :)

aaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I just updated my statistics and realised that anything above another 1/2lb and I'm out of the 200s!!! Then again if I'd done it this week I wouldn't have got to celebrate as I wouldn't have realised - but next week the 100s are mine and that 1/2lb is toast!!!!!

so I have told my leader to keep her boot firmly kicking me up the backside this week as I WILL lose over 0.5lb this week! I'm back on track and everything is going well - my food order arrived and I realised that I'd forgotten to order any curly wurlies this week so I'm viewing that as a good thing despite really craving one now! lol If it isn't in my house I can't eat it and to go and buy one is a conscious decision that I'm choosing to eat stuff that I know will sabotage me so I'm not going to do that - with any luck I'll break my curly wurly addiction this week and get back to being good again.

So today's menu ....

Breakfast = 3
Cinammon Oats So Simple (3)

Snack = 2
Weight watchers cereal bar thing (2)

Lunch = 8
Sweetcorn (2)
Hard boiled egg x 2 (4)
Salad cream (1)
Salad leaves (0)
Fresh fruit salad (0)
Fruit ice cream sauce stuff (1)

Dinner = 11
Butterbeans (3)
Low fat bacon medallions (2)
Philadelphia light (1)
Olive oil (1)
Potato (2)
Leek (0)
Cabbage (0)
Pak choi (0)
Weight watchers rich chocolate desert pot (2)

General = 3
Milk (3)

Total so far = 27/31

I'm really hungry today so might end up adding in a smoothie later or a snack bar or something along those lines to use up the last 4 - I'm trying not to but we'll see.

Positives ..

1. Wearing skinny jeans and a size 12 dress and feeling really good

2. Back on track and focused towards my next mini goal of over 0.5lb this week

3. Sticking to healthy foods and planning my week ahead - I have a seminar tomorrow morning where I won't have time to eat before I leave the house so I have even made myself up a fruit salad in a tupperware box to take with me to eat healthily rather than buying something from the vending machine at the venue :)

Well done Miff. Another 1.5lb down !!!! :D

Maybe its fate that you forgot to order the curley wurleys....your body is telling you subconciusly NO MORE CRAP (only kidding) .

What height are you miff ? How do you fit in a size 12 dress at that weight and I am lucky to get a size 20 done up (mind you I have big boobs:eek: and big shoulders and only 5ft3.)Typical apple shape :wave_cry:

its a very baggy size 12 dress rather than fitted hahahahaha

I'm 5'8 but I'm weird with dress sizes - I have big shoulders and huge bazookas BUT I'm actually very narrow round my ribcage. It means that anything fitted top wise has to be a size 16 minimum but either stretchy fabrics or loose stuff, eg vest tops or the sort of dress I have on today, and I am a size 12/14 at the moment - another 7lb or so and I'll be able to get back to my size 10 vest tops as bizarre as it seems but shirts and anything else I'll still need a 16 or buttons ping off all over the place. My bra size is a G but its a 32.

Bottoms aren't much better - at the moment I still need to lose more all over but once I'm back to my more "normal" size my waist is a lot smaller than my hips etc. When I was 19 and worked in a department store they weren't happy that my uniform had to be fitted specially for me on the winter one so they could never hand it to anyone else! They had a black pencil skirt which I needed a size 14 to fit my hips as it was VERY fitted but then it was too loose on my waist and looked stupid so the dress fitting department adjusted it to fit and I ended up with a size 14 hips and effectively a size 10 waist!!! I was obviously a lot skinnier back then as it was before my thyroid kicked in hahahahahaha I wish they'd let me keep the damn thing when I left at the time though as it was the best fitting skirt I'd ever had :D

I'm between 3 different size at the moment though - some stuff I'm finding the size 12 fits, some I'm in a 14 and others I'm in a 16. I've given up trying to work it out. When I'm back towards smaller sizes I guess I have what used to be called an hourglass figure - wide shoulders, small-ish ribcage but bigger hips - but unfortunately shops don't make clothes for that shape any more!

oh and if you look at your goal weight and mine - to get to the correct BMI I think I have to get down to about 170lb so I can be pretty much 2 stone heavier than you but a similar size. I've never managed to work out how dress sizes work with that kind of range of fit - I have a friend who is much much MUCH smaller than me but I can actually wear smaller sized stretchy t-shirts than she can. She has a much broader back than me so needs the bigger size to fit that - she's only something like a B cup but is a 38-40 I think which means she actually needs the bigger size for it to look right on her but she doesn't stick out in front in them like I do and is less likely to topple over forwards at any moment hahahahahhahaa

Its crazy isnt it . Its so hard to find things that fit properly . At the moment I am about a 20-22 top and 18 jeans.Bra size (44D!!!). I can shop in Dunnes and pennies for jeans but normally have to go to evans for tops!!! . Being a barrel shape is not easy to dress :(:(

today has been a bit hectic as I had a seminar this morning that started at 9am so had to leave home by 8 so didn't get breakfast before I went as it doesn't work out with my meds. So I ended up taking a bag of dry cereal and a banana with me to munch on so I didn't get too hungry. It still throws my day a little bit but at least I prepared for it this time.

So today's menu ...

Breakfast = 5pps

45g gluten free chocolate stars cereal (5)

Lunch = 8pps
Tin of sardines in tomato sauce (4)
2 slices WW toast (3)
Low fat spread (1)
Banana (0)

Dinner = 14pps

Roasted courgette, onion and peppers (0)
60g cous cous (6)
Olive oil (1)
1/2 tub apetina feta cheese (7) - really need to get some low fat again!
Fresh fruit salad (0)

General = 5pps
Milk (3)
WW bar (2)

Total today = 32/31 so 1 weekly used :)

Well done got the loss :) full steam ahead!! U will get that 1/2 this week :) xx

Back