• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A hint about Ketostix

I was reading some really old message threads here last night and saw a useful tip. Unfortunately I can't remember who posted it so I can't give credit where credit is due but I hope the original poster won't mind me posting this as I think it's useful for everyone and it's back on page 200+ lol.

She suggests cutting Ketostix in half lengthways, so that you get double the number from each tub. I've had the scissors out and been chopping already!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Chika

Silver Member
S: 26st10lb C: 25st9lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 50.1 Loss: 1st1lb(4.01%)
Oooh good idea, I used to be addcted and used to check almost every time I went to the loo (sad i know)!

fantastic idea! thanks so much! I bought my sticks from boots an they cost me almost 9 pounds! so i will definitely be doing this.

Thanks!

No problem Paula. There's some really interesting stuff on some of the old threads. Useful things that I haven't seen posted since I joined here in July so it's all worth a read :)

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
S: 17st3lb C: 17st3lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I'm yet to get some Ketostix sticks , i've never seen any , but will be soon , best place to get them ?
Re-start 20th Sept 07

fantastic idea! thanks so much! I bought my sticks from boots an they cost me almost 9 pounds! so i will definitely be doing this.
Ings,

How many did you get for that amount? Boots charged me £5.15 for a box of 50 strips (the pharmacist did have to calculate the amount to charge me on a calculator though - don't know why). I've also had them for around £5 from another chemist chain. I hope you got twice the amount for £9!

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
I got my sticks yesterday , but i can't do that with mine as by the end of the stick its a small square , so really could now do it . I heard they should be pink when you are in ketos ?

Hi Missleo

You should cut the square in half that you have to wee on - it gives you the same result.

I do it with mine all the time as I always "wee on a stick" when I go to the loo (at home... not at work though!)

Love
Char xx

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Hi Chardonnay
The square is right at the bottom on the end of the stick , so i can't . Just working out how to do the reading , people say it should go pink ? on mine from Lloyds pharmacy and on the tube its got neg traces faible moyen 0.8 1.6 with colours under them , does anyone have the same ?

missleo

you cut them lengthways, so you end up with 2 sticks, both the same length as the original stick but half the width. Each stick has half of that little square on the end of it.

Hope that helps

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
ok i'll try that , i'm on day 2 today . So will try that saturday . thanks

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
I did my test tonight its gone pink . woooooooooooooooo

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
S: 16st6lb C: 11st10lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 32 Loss: 4st10lb(28.7%)
such a great idea! thanks for sharing!