A hint about Ketostix

Mochaj

Gold Member
I was reading some really old message threads here last night and saw a useful tip. Unfortunately I can't remember who posted it so I can't give credit where credit is due but I hope the original poster won't mind me posting this as I think it's useful for everyone and it's back on page 200+ lol.

She suggests cutting Ketostix in half lengthways, so that you get double the number from each tub. I've had the scissors out and been chopping already!

Oooh good idea, I used to be addcted and used to check almost every time I went to the loo (sad i know)!

fantastic idea! thanks so much! I bought my sticks from boots an they cost me almost 9 pounds! so i will definitely be doing this.

Thanks!

I'm yet to get some Ketostix sticks , i've never seen any , but will be soon , best place to get them ?
Re-start 20th Sept 07

fantastic idea! thanks so much! I bought my sticks from boots an they cost me almost 9 pounds! so i will definitely be doing this.

Ings,

How many did you get for that amount? Boots charged me £5.15 for a box of 50 strips (the pharmacist did have to calculate the amount to charge me on a calculator though - don't know why). I've also had them for around £5 from another chemist chain. I hope you got twice the amount for £9!

I got my sticks yesterday , but i can't do that with mine as by the end of the stick its a small square , so really could now do it . I heard they should be pink when you are in ketos ?

Hi Missleo

You should cut the square in half that you have to wee on - it gives you the same result.

I do it with mine all the time as I always "wee on a stick" when I go to the loo (at home... not at work though!)

Love
Char xx

Hi Chardonnay
The square is right at the bottom on the end of the stick , so i can't . Just working out how to do the reading , people say it should go pink ? on mine from Lloyds pharmacy and on the tube its got neg traces faible moyen 0.8 1.6 with colours under them , does anyone have the same ?

ok i'll try that , i'm on day 2 today . So will try that saturday . thanks

I did my test tonight its gone pink . woooooooooooooooo

such a great idea! thanks for sharing!

Back