A Hotel Manager's Diary To A Healthier Life! 11/42

image-506422890.jpg

Yummy!!!!

Ruth
Xx

Hmmm. Still on plan but had a major nightmare and haven't been able to go home from work. We had some very serious issues yesterday which meant me finishing work at 930pm and I had started at 9am and I got told to stay in the hotel 'just in case' so my lovely stir fry dinner is still in the fridge.

So here is yesterday's menu....

Breakfast
3x Boiled Eggs
2 Apples
Vanilla Mullerlight
Jasmine Tea
2x Black Coffee

Lunch
Smoked salmon
Prawns
Capers
Olive oil (HEB)
Fat free vinaigrette
Celery
Mixed Salad Leaves
Laughing Cow Extra Light (HEA)
2x Black Coffee

Dinner (ish)
1 Glass White Wine (250ml) = 8.5
28g salted popcorn = 6.5

What a great dinner....

86/105 Syns Used
HEA & HEB Used

Ruth
Xx

Last edited:
well done for sticking to plan - something like that could easily have thrown you off so you should be proud of yourself :)
Hope you have a better day today and get to eat your stirfry!

well done for sticking to plan - something like that could easily have thrown you off so you should be proud of yourself :) Hope you have a better day today and get to eat your stirfry!

Thanks very much!

I hope I do have a good day, being harassed by a manager at another hotel... It's awful but my general manager knows :( so I had to stay over!

Looking forward to nipping home and getting my stir fry and will post my menu later.

Here's to another day :/

Ruth
Xx

Tuesday 21st January 2014

Brunch
Extra Lean Diced Pork
Oriental Stir Fry Vegetables:
Pak Choi
Sugarsnap Peas
Mangetout
Beansprouts
Peppers
Carrots
Water Chestnuts
1/2 Pack Sainsburys Black Bean Sauce = 3 1/2
Roasted Aubergine
Roasted Courgette
Olive Oil (HEB)
Soy Sauce

Dinner
Homemade Salad (work)
Homemade Coleslaw (work) = 2
Ham (fat removed)
Mixed Fruit Salad
Laughing Cow EL (HEA)

(Will provide more info on salad when I get it!!!)

91.5/105
HEA & HEB used

Ruth
Xx

Filling in my diaries, I seem to have loads in superfree but not so much in free foods even though one is 1/3 and another 2/3 of my plate. Is this ok?

Ruth
Xx

Just having a good old think (whilst stuck at work) I am finding this a lot easier to do alone than I thought I would.
I used to be so easily tempted/persuaded and I have never done a plan like this alone- loving it :)

Making me a bit ill IBS wise but I assume that's just my body learning to adapt to change (sorry if TMI!)

Homemade Salad for tea made by my lovely chefs... :)

Ruth
xx

image-969887033.jpg

Salad with coleslaw and roasted herby potatoes!

Yummy!

Ruth
Xx

That looks really yummy, you're very lucky to have chefs to cook SW friendly food for you!
Somehow salad always looks more appetising if you haven't had to do all the chopping! (Can you tell I'm resentful of all the chopping I've been doing tonight to prepare next couple of days lunches lol!)

Well done at being able to go it alone - it might be your best option with your shifts. I've had to go it alone due to financial reasons and there isn't a class close to me. It is a struggle but I find coming on here and 'confessing' makes me a bit more likely to stick to it!xx

That looks really yummy, you're very lucky to have chefs to cook SW friendly food for you!
Somehow salad always looks more appetising if you haven't had to do all the chopping! (Can you tell I'm resentful of all the chopping I've been doing tonight to prepare next couple of days lunches lol!)

Well done at being able to go it alone - it might be your best option with your shifts. I've had to go it alone due to financial reasons and there isn't a class close to me. It is a struggle but I find coming on here and 'confessing' makes me a bit more likely to stick to it!xx

Very lucky to be loved by my chefs!!!

Yeah Minimins has always saved me and as soon as I stopped on here I never managed to do it at all!

There are tonnes of classes close to me! I did buy a 12 week countdown so I am contemplating doing that and then going, I did it to spur me on!!!
Still getting my head around it really- convinced im eating too much superfree (if that's possible!!!)

The fact that you have chopped everything already means you have more time to spend doing the things you do and less time rushing/running out of time to prepare your food :)

I hope you've had a lovely day!!

Ruth
xx

Wednesday 22nd January 2014

Breakfast:
3 Boiled Eggs
Large Orange
Pear
Black Coffee
(At Work)

Lunch:
Mixed Salad Leaves
Cucumber
Peppers
Mushrooms
Mangetout
Sugarsnap Peas
Babycorn
Vinaigrette (f/f)
Cooked Chicken Slices
1/2 Packet Chicken Tikka Slices = 1/2
Capers
Pickled Onions
Olives = 1/2

Snack:
Celery Sticks

Dinner:
Extra Lean Pork Mince Meatballs
Roasted Aubergine
Roasted Courgette
Asparagus
Olive Oil (HEB)
Melted Babybel Lights (HEA)
Sweet Potato Chips
Orange & Grape Fruit Salad with Muller Light

Upping my water as I am full of cold :(

Ruth
xx

Another hotel worker here subscribing! Love to see pics of peoples meals to give me inspiration-good luck for your weigh in Trefoil!

My goal weight is around the same as yours although I am a heavier starting weight :-(

Another hotel worker here subscribing! Love to see pics of peoples meals to give me inspiration-good luck for your weigh in Trefoil! My goal weight is around the same as yours although I am a heavier starting weight :-(

Hello there!!
I love posting pics on my food! Thank you for the good luck wishes :) it doesn't matter that you're a heavier starting weight we are all doing this together :) I can't see your stats or dates on my phone but how are you finding it? It fits in reasonably well with my shifts so far but time will tell!!

Ruth
Xx

image-308910952.jpg

Didn't fancy meatballs so stuffed burgers (with Babybel lights!) and roasted sweet potato Aubergine, courgettes, balsamic vinegar and capers!!

Ruth
Xx

Yum they look delish!
I have my eye on some turkey mince in the freezer I can see being made into burgers on the weekend ;-)
Mmm and capers, I love capers! I just don't use them enough.

Hope you've had a fab day xx

Yum they look delish! I have my eye on some turkey mince in the freezer I can see being made into burgers on the weekend ;-) Mmm and capers, I love capers! I just don't use them enough. Hope you've had a fab day xx

Thanks they were gorgeous!

I had a reasonably good day however I didn't get home until very late but I wasn't ravenous or anything. I'm pushing myself to eat a lot but I'm not sure if I need to. I just need to be satisfied and happy and eat well. 2/3 meals and not 5 like I was hoping seem to be working for me!

My consultant text me earlier to see if I was ok too! Which I thought was nice!

I can't get enough of capers yum yum!

Hope you had a good one!

Ruth
Xx

Thursday 23rd January 2014

Breakfast:
Fat Removed Bacon Rashers x2
Eggs x2
Mushrooms
Brown Sauce = 1

Lunch:
Babycorn
Sugarsnap Peas
Mangetout
Mini Carrots
Prawns
Chargrilled Chicken Pieces
Mixed Salad leaves
Cucumber
Peppers
Olive Oil (B)
Babybel Light (A)
F/F Vinaigrette
Pear
Large Orange

Dinner
Ham Salad & Homemade Coleslaw (work) = 2
Fruit Salad

Ruth
Xx

Now that is 2 salads but until I get a bit better at this and can think about dinner at work I haven't really got a choice! Thinking about some ideas though :)

That will total me at 95 Syns :)

10 less than I should but I suppose that is just in case I counted anything wrong!

Ruth
Xx

Back