A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

good lass with the drinking! have you tried really weak NAS squash rather than plain water? I find the lemon squash (weak) is easier to get down than plain water for some reason.

the skies are black here too.....forecast heavy rain & Wind (tho a full cauliflower yesterday & scan bran cake might be contributing to that at the mo lol) xxx

lmao!

Yeah i do sometimes drink a pint on nas blackcurrant but not very often, i maybe should try that and see if it ups my intake! i am thinking it might help with the bloat too, even avoiding pasta doesn't seem to help, and i only eat it now and again now. i need a system i think, i have been trying to follow your rule of drinking every time i go to another room or get up to do something or pass the kitchen and it works a little but i usually forget once i get there and do something else lol:rolleyes: memory like a sieve i have lol xxxx

lmao!

Yeah i do sometimes drink a pint on nas blackcurrant but not very often, i maybe should try that and see if it ups my intake! i am thinking it might help with the bloat too, even avoiding pasta doesn't seem to help, and i only eat it now and again now. i need a system i think, i have been trying to follow your rule of drinking every time i go to another room or get up to do something or pass the kitchen and it works a little but i usually forget once i get there and do something else lol:rolleyes: memory like a sieve i have lol xxxx

HA HA HA me too hunni

Just leave a small glass (or buy one in a bright colour that really stands out in the kitchen) leave it on full view where you walk past it.....even stick post it notes on each door saying DRINK!!!!! so you notice them each time, sounds daft but might help?

Since I started being strict with the 4pints a day after the dyno rodding when she told me how dehydrated I was I've noticed an improvement in the bloats & in the losses each week (even *week didn't give me the bloaty gain this time :)) xxxx

HA HA HA me too hunni

Just leave a small glass (or buy one in a bright colour that really stands out in the kitchen) leave it on full view where you walk past it.....even stick post it notes on each door saying DRINK!!!!! so you notice them each time, sounds daft but might help?

Since I started being strict with the 4pints a day after the dyno rodding when she told me how dehydrated I was I've noticed an improvement in the bloats & in the losses each week (even *week didn't give me the bloaty gain this time :)) xxxx

great idea hun! my kids have bright tumblers will have to knick one of theirs lol I do really need to make a decent effort to do this as i know there are so many benefits! xxxx

Well its coming up on my 6th week at group and i have lost just short of a stone :) hoping for my 1 stone award on monday night! so i thought i would try on a jacket that i haven't been able to do up since 2011!.... and IT ZIPS UP!!!!!!! :eek: Yay! I hadn't beenmeasuring inch loss so not sure how many inches i've lost but it must be significant to be able to do up the jacket!

I haven't had a takeaway in 6 weeks... which is a huge achievement for me, as before we would order in 2-3 times a week! Dread to think how many syns were involved!:eek: I have made a point of making my own takeaway favourites on my designated 'takeaway' night which just happens to be tonight. I made chicken fried rice, sw chips and topped it with 100ml of mayflower curry sauce for 4 syns, and it tasted so good, and i think i might have finally perfected my 'fried' rice too! I have only eaten out twice since i started and both times i managed to eat syn free which i never thought possible.

This probably has turned into a bit of a ramble lol but i just wanted to write down how far i've come in 6 weeks as i do tend to lose sight of how well i might be doing which usually doesn't end well! :sigh:

Anyway if any of you are still awake after reading that then well done lol:p xxxxxx

Yes you see, there's no reason to be so hard on yourself :) you're doing soooooo well! Xxx

:) thanks hun, think i just get caught up in things and forget so thought i'd take stock lol, i'm impressed you didn't fall asleep reading that lol xxxxx

Nooo I didn't. It was very nice to see you actually noticing how well your doing :) you def inspire me to do better, wish I could take some of your commitment and apply it to myself xxx (woe is meeeeeee, lol!) xx

Nooo I didn't. It was very nice to see you actually noticing how well your doing :) you def inspire me to do better, wish I could take some of your commitment and apply it to myself xxx (woe is meeeeeee, lol!) xx

I wasn't always this motivated.... hence the reason i'm back lol :eek:. But at the moment i seem to be so i am going with it just now and hoping it lasts! You are doing great too hun! xxxxxx

lol its first on my list hun!:waterbottle:. I am fine my lovely, its chucking it down here today :raincloud: so am less than impressed! I have to go out in a bit to get ingredients for the lasagne i am making for tomorrow- i am feeding the 5000 tomorrow! Have just had a yummy breakfast of 2 original quorn sausages and leftover balsamic onions from last night on toast..... so simple yet so tasty! and totally worth the 2 syns for the sausages. xxx

I read on here that the quorn sausages are now free :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, u have definately inspired me :)

I read on here that the quorn sausages are now free :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi hun long time no see! how are you? yeah there is loads of confusion around the sausages lol but the original are 1 syn each (orange pack) and the low fat ones (blue stripe) are free, i couldn't find the syn free ones last week when i went, so just got the original instead cos they taste quite nice and are only a syn each. xxx

nyum nyum, I like sausages, I have some tesco cumberland light ones might have some tomorrow :)

Good to see you still motivated and woohoo on the jacket, it's so nice to fit into something that you couldn't before helps us to see it is worth the effort.

nyum nyum, I like sausages, I have some tesco cumberland light ones might have some tomorrow :)

Good to see you still motivated and woohoo on the jacket, it's so nice to fit into something that you couldn't before helps us to see it is worth the effort.

It does spur me on a little when i see that kind of result! Still having trouble with the bloat though:sigh:, i do think perhaps it is down to my lack of water during the day and perhaps salt intake?? not sure how much i am having but i do try to not add any now to my cooking and look for other ways to flavour, i guess it will take time to learn new habits though. I have already had 500ml of water so far this morning, which is good for me as you will know lol, and a cup of green tea so fluids are on the up!:)

I have decided that once i drop a little more weight/feel a little fitter i am going to get myself a treadmill and tackle the c25k! You have inspired me hun! xxxxx

why wait? you could get the treadmill and just walk on it until you feel ready to start, and then when you do feel ready you won't have to wait.

I've been lucky with the salt thing, my Mum never added salt to cooking other than what was in gravy granules and stuff like that, so I never do either. I do need a little salt on chips though!

Back