A little advice needed on what amount is good to lose per week....

crobster

Hi all. I'm new here. I started Slimming World about 10 weeks ago. I am 5ft 3in and weighted 12st 9lbs then. Every week I have lost apart from two weeks when I put on 0.5lb. I have lost 10.5lbs in 10 weeks. I am quite happy as I don't find the diet hard. I now weigh 11st 12.5lbs. What should I be looking to lose every week? I've been losing either 2lbs or 1lbs. Is this good or should I be aaiming for more?

perfect

the most sustainable amount to lose.

I can't say I'm over the moon with my losses, as i've averaged 4lb per week, but I can't really help it, I've gone back to exercise in a big way and have just been very determined and strict!

but your average is perfect, well done

4lbs a week is bloody brilliant. I find that the more I exercise - about 4 times a week in the gym - the less I lose!

4lbs a week is bloody brilliant. I find that the more I exercise - about 4 times a week in the gym - the less I lose!

yeah, but you have much less to lose and you are probably adding lean body mass (muscle) with all that exercise, which is a lot heavier than fat, as I am sure you know

as you are quite close to your target I would suggest that the way you are going is spot on

I really would like mine to slow up, I'm almost halfway through a six stone target in just over 9 weeks, I shouldn't complain but it does crowd my thoughts (bizarrely!) on occasion!

i do know how to exercise effectively as I was quite the gym rat in years gone by - maybe that's the reason I'm shedding so quickly

try to increase the cardio type work and use light weights and high reps, this will burn more fat than packing on muscle with low reps and heavy weights.

I would say that's brilliant :) I aim for 1-2lbs a week :) Well done!

Ah man If I was loosing 4lbs in a week I think I would CRY with happiness! I average at around 1lb or .5lb or a gain at the moment. Not been able to get my proper 'DIET' head on. :-/

People tend to advise 1% of bodyweight, which works out at 1 to 2 lb for most people.

1 to 2 pounds a week is perfect. Especially if it s consistent. Well done.

Back