A little bit upset at group

Elliebellie

I have my 3rd weigh in today and lost 3.5, got my half a stone and thats 10lbs in total.

I didnt get mentioned in group, all the 'regulars' got to whine on about how they lost or mostly didnt and the slimmer of the week was given to someone who lost 2lbs?

I cant help but think whats the point in going to group. :sigh:

I have my 3rd weigh in today and lost 3.5, got my half a stone and thats 10lbs in total.

I didnt get mentioned in group, all the 'regulars' got to whine on about how they lost or mostly didnt and the slimmer of the week was given to someone who lost 2lbs?

I cant help but think whats the point in going to group. :sigh:

Did you loose or maintain last week? I'm guessing so if you've lost 10lbs over all. You've done fantastic don't let it get you down. Have a word with your consultant as I'm guessing she probably over looked you by accident, maybe she's forgotten your name. Is it a big group? if its a large group maybe if she's forgotten your name she then didn't realise you hadn't been spoken too either. I'd def have a word with her next time you WI and just explain how you were upset by it but assume it was an accident, I'm sure she'll be horrified that she did over look you

Well done on your loss,you are doing really well and you def should have had a mention and your half stone award given.
As for slimmer of the week it is done over a period of 2 weeks so it might not always go to the person who has lost the most in one week, rather who has lost the most in a fortnight. If I were you I would ask your consultant for your half stone sticker and certificate and hopefully she will realise her mistake x

Well done on your loss,you are doing really well and you def should have had a mention and your half stone award given.
As for slimmer of the week it is done over a period of 2 weeks so it might not always go to the person who has lost the most in one week, rather who has lost the most in a fortnight. If I were you I would ask your consultant for your half stone sticker and certificate and hopefully she will realise her mistake x

Do consultants do this differently then? because at both the groups I've been to its been the person who has lost the most that week but has maintained or lost the week before, so if someone lost 2lbs one week and then 5lbs but someone else maintained and then lost 6lbs, the one who lost 6lbs would get slimmer of the week as they lost more weight in that week, (it is called slimmer of the week) Ive always thought this makes sense as its fair, I understand you can't have gained the week before as some people after having a gain if they get back on 100% do have bigger losses

I just wont stay to group again. It was really boring anyway. How many excuses do people have!?!

Love SW and the plan so will stick to that and keep going to WIs :)

Why didn't you say anything?

Slimmer of the week is calculated by the PDA so there must be a reason you didn't get it.

Perhaps the consultant didn't think you had stayed so skipped past your name, it wouldn't have been intentional!!

No point not saying anything, she can't correct what she doesn't know.

ScarlettStar86 said:
Oh I'm not sure, I always thought it was over 2 weeks.. might be wrong!

It's not over two weeks but you have to have lost or maintained the previous week.

I felt too embarrassed, like I would be demanding attention for being 'good'.

I felt too embarrassed, like I would be demanding attention for being 'good'.

I can understand you being embarrassed to say something at the time, but maybe just have a word with her next time you go and just let her know you were missed out, say you didn't say anything at the time because you didn't want to look like you were making a fuss but that you assume she maybe over looked your name. That way she'll know she missed you out but you won't feel like your having a go at her for it.

My consultant usually asks if she's missed anyone out if there are a lot of new faces though

Thanks all :)

sorry to hear that Elliebellie, you must have been gutted, I would have been

What a fab loss so far! don't let it put you off staying to group, I find that sometimes when you're quite new in a group it takes a while to settle in, or gel with the group,

I would text your consultant to say how upset you are, like someone says above is probably an oversight

its not demanding attention for being good, its praise where praise is due, its the encouragement that some of us need to continue the journey

good luck for a fab loss next week too xx

In our group our C goes around everyone in turn and says what they have done (lost,sts,gained) how much (everyone gives them a clap), asks if theres any problems and then asked what you would like to do next week. I thought all groups would be run like this, am i mistaken?

I must admit it does get a bit boring hearing the same excuses off the same people week in week out haha. Although most of the people in our group are ok.

In our group our C goes around everyone in turn and says what they have done (lost,sts,gained) how much (everyone gives them a clap), asks if theres any problems and then asked what you would like to do next week. I thought all groups would be run like this, am i mistaken?

I must admit it does get a bit boring hearing the same excuses off the same people week in week out haha. Although most of the people in our group are ok.

That's how it was in the last group I went to years back. Ahhhh well, Im new. I shall just keep going and sticking to plan. My losses (fingers crossed) will speak for themselves!

You've done so well BTW, you must be thrilled! Your friends and family must not recognize you!!

That's how it was in the last group I went to years back. Ahhhh well, Im new. I shall just keep going and sticking to plan. My losses (fingers crossed) will speak for themselves!

You've done so well BTW, you must be thrilled! Your friends and family must not recognize you!!

Cheers and yeah ive had a few friends walk past and not recognize me which is pretty funny. Its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lol but im loving life at the minute it has completly changed my life for the better.

If you dont get on with the group in the next few weeks, i would suggest looking for another one that is local but run by a different C, theres normally loads about.

agree with what Craig says, all groups are supposed to be run the same so maybe there's a rabbit away there, totally agree too if you don;t like the group try different ones, I've done a bit of shopping around myself and know which groups I like and which ones I don't get anything from, for me group is too important to iss out on xx

Back