A little confused with Healthy Extras

charsie

Well reading through websites and old SW books I understood we can chose one Healthy Extra A and two Healthy Extra B.

But i've just read this on the SW website and it suggests to me, that I can have however much I want from the list it gives:

Make sure you enjoy your Healthy Extras every day. For mealtimes and snacks reach for Free Foods first, with Healthy Extras as your second choice. There’s no limit to how many of these delish Healthy Extras you can tuck into each day:
  • Wholemeal bread or wholemeal rolls
  • Cereals* – Shreddies, Weetabix,Oat Krunchies, Ready Brek
  • Milk – skimmed or semi-skimmed
  • Dried or cooked fruit – dried apricots and pears, fruit cocktail, pineapple rings
  • Crispbreads* – crackerbread, Ryvita minis, Krisprolls

I've been having Milk from HEA, Weetabix and a Wholemeal roll from HEB.

Though I miss my lunchtime proper sarnie of two slices of Wholemeal bread - I stick to a tiny wholemeal roll because I don't want to use many syns.

If i'm understand this quote from the SW website correctly, I can still have two slices of wholemeal bread without counting syns? Or am I reading it wrong!:eek:

The books state 2xA 2xB on red or green days and 1xA and 1xB on extra easy. That website quote does seem a bit misleading!!

Nevermind me :eek: it's on Free2go for 11-15 y/o's... there's me getting excited thinking I could have my lunchtime sarnie!

2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small loaf is a healthy extra. There's no reason to have a roll if you would prefer slices.

Yes that's fine so stop panicking, just as long as you use the small slices of wholemeal bread for your B choice.

Whats a small slice lol, the wholemeal bread I have, looks like an average size slice of bread :eek:, I shall have to investigate this before lunchtime tommorrow! Thank You

You can just have 2 normal slices of bread (medium slices) and count it as an HEB + syns.

1 small slice of bread from a 400g loaf is 3 syns each, 2 = 6 syns (HEB)
1 medium slice of bread from an 800g loaf is 4 syns each, 2 = 8 syns (HEB + 2 syns)

So you can have 2 medium slices of bread to make a sarnie as an HEB, just add 2 syns to make up the difference :D

You can just have 2 normal slices of bread (medium slices) and count it as an HEB + syns.

1 small slice of bread from a 400g loaf is 3 syns each, 2 = 6 syns (HEB)
1 medium slice of bread from an 800g loaf is 4 syns each, 2 = 8 syns (HEB + 2 syns)

So you can have 2 medium slices of bread to make a sarnie as an HEB, just add 2 syns to make up the difference :D

You know, I have never thought of doing that with medium sliced bread....*is a wally* :eek: :rolleyes:

Back