A little confused with Healthy Extras

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charsie, 30 January 2010 Social URL.

1. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well reading through websites and old SW books I understood we can chose one Healthy Extra A and two Healthy Extra B.

But i've just read this on the SW website and it suggests to me, that I can have however much I want from the list it gives:

I've been having Milk from HEA, Weetabix and a Wholemeal roll from HEB.

Though I miss my lunchtime proper sarnie of two slices of Wholemeal bread - I stick to a tiny wholemeal roll because I don't want to use many syns.

If i'm understand this quote from the SW website correctly, I can still have two slices of wholemeal bread without counting syns? Or am I reading it wrong!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    The books state 2xA 2xB on red or green days and 1xA and 1xB on extra easy. That website quote does seem a bit misleading!!

4. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nevermind me :eek: it's on Free2go for 11-15 y/o's... there's me getting excited thinking I could have my lunchtime sarnie!

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

lol - i wish!!! it would be the perfect diet if i could eat cereal and bread all day!

6. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    I often have a sarnie for lunch using my hea cheese and 2 slices wholemeal bread as my heb1.
    I'm sure it says in the book ??

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small loaf is a healthy extra. There's no reason to have a roll if you would prefer slices.

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes that's fine so stop panicking, just as long as you use the small slices of wholemeal bread for your B choice.

9. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Whats a small slice lol, the wholemeal bread I have, looks like an average size slice of bread :eek:, I shall have to investigate this before lunchtime tommorrow! Thank You

10. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

best thing to do is get some digital scales. then if your bread weighs too much you can trim it to size. ;)

11. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    You can just have 2 normal slices of bread (medium slices) and count it as an HEB + syns.

1 small slice of bread from a 400g loaf is 3 syns each, 2 = 6 syns (HEB)
    1 medium slice of bread from an 800g loaf is 4 syns each, 2 = 8 syns (HEB + 2 syns)

So you can have 2 medium slices of bread to make a sarnie as an HEB, just add 2 syns to make up the difference :D

12. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You know, I have never thought of doing that with medium sliced bread....*is a wally* :eek: :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.