Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A little confused with Healthy Extras

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charsie, 30 January 2010 Social URL.

1. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well reading through websites and old SW books I understood we can chose one Healthy Extra A and two Healthy Extra B.

But i've just read this on the SW website and it suggests to me, that I can have however much I want from the list it gives:

I've been having Milk from HEA, Weetabix and a Wholemeal roll from HEB.

Though I miss my lunchtime proper sarnie of two slices of Wholemeal bread - I stick to a tiny wholemeal roll because I don't want to use many syns.

If i'm understand this quote from the SW website correctly, I can still have two slices of wholemeal bread without counting syns? Or am I reading it wrong!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    The books state 2xA 2xB on red or green days and 1xA and 1xB on extra easy. That website quote does seem a bit misleading!!

4. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nevermind me :eek: it's on Free2go for 11-15 y/o's... there's me getting excited thinking I could have my lunchtime sarnie!

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

lol - i wish!!! it would be the perfect diet if i could eat cereal and bread all day!

6. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    I often have a sarnie for lunch using my hea cheese and 2 slices wholemeal bread as my heb1.
    I'm sure it says in the book ??

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small loaf is a healthy extra. There's no reason to have a roll if you would prefer slices.

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes that's fine so stop panicking, just as long as you use the small slices of wholemeal bread for your B choice.

9. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Whats a small slice lol, the wholemeal bread I have, looks like an average size slice of bread :eek:, I shall have to investigate this before lunchtime tommorrow! Thank You

10. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

best thing to do is get some digital scales. then if your bread weighs too much you can trim it to size. ;)

11. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    You can just have 2 normal slices of bread (medium slices) and count it as an HEB + syns.

1 small slice of bread from a 400g loaf is 3 syns each, 2 = 6 syns (HEB)
    1 medium slice of bread from an 800g loaf is 4 syns each, 2 = 8 syns (HEB + 2 syns)

So you can have 2 medium slices of bread to make a sarnie as an HEB, just add 2 syns to make up the difference :D

12. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You know, I have never thought of doing that with medium sliced bread....*is a wally* :eek: :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.