Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A little disappointed

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by claire64, 27 August 2009 Social URL.

1. claire64

claire64 Member

Hi My first week of the diet ( I have done SW before) being doing EE all week and being to class tonight and only lost a pound:mad:. Yes I am disappointed because I have stuck to every letter of the diet and done about 20 mile walk. They advised me at class to carry on, it is still a lose. Help do I stay on it or go on red or green.

Sticky likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

1lb is an achievement - have a relaxed mind and eat what suits you (only 13 weeks will be a stone gone) :)

4. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Low GI
    Well done its better than putting it on - Taken ages for me to get used to EE as you can see from my stats it has been STS, 1/2 lb off etc
    I had a good old moan but the past 2 weeks (-3) have been fab for me I don't lose weight easily or quickly so how hard i try
    im chuffed with any loss

5. Loll1603

Loll1603 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey hun, well done on losing a lb that is excellent :)

perhaps try doing a week of reds and greens to see if you have a bigger loss next week. At least then you will know what will work best for your body and then you can choose what method to use thereafter. Good Luck :) xx

6. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Well done on your loss, a good start for you. X

7. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At my first group I lost 6lbs in my first week. I my second group, just 1.5lbs. So yeah, it can be gutting as you kinda hope for a big loss first week.

But, having said that...second group is going better than the first. It's coming off me slowly but steadily which is better.

A loss is a loss and it's GREAT! So WELL DONE! Keep at it, give it another go and see if you get a better loss this week. If not, maybe go to the red/green or speak to your consultant again for advice.

Whatever plan you do, you know SW works so hope this week is better for you.

Hugs x

8. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    maybe stay on ee and give your body a chance to adjust to the diet and then if you think its going slow you could give red/green a go see if it makes any diff, good luck and well done on the loss x

9. Coffeepot03

Coffeepot03 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I think it takes a while for our bodies to get used to this diet (well it certainly did for mine). Well done on your lb loss, much better than a gain.

10. lauryloo

lauryloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i had my first WI last week and lost 1lb too and i was happy as it was better than a gain and i am going the right way! As long as it comes off i don't mind!

Chin up :)

11. nattynoo22

nattynoo22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    EE may not work for you hun try a week of red and green and see what the results are! EE doesnt work for everybody so just try red and green and see if that makes a difference to your loss. but ass the others say its still a 1lb in the right direction and you havent put it on so! woo hoo! xx♥ :)

12. vixyl

vixyl Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(24.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    that is exactly what happened to me but i stuck with it and l lost 4.5 in the second week so I would say stick with it

13. Butterfly1

Butterfly1 Full Member

1lb loss is brilliant! We all think it's a lot when we put it on so why isn't it alot when we lose it?? ( I wish i could practice what i preach btw!!)
    You did a lot of exercise this week, if that was new to your routine that may be why- you wait, next week you'll have a fab loss- keep smiling, you're off to a great start!!

14. claire64

claire64 Member

Are thanks so much for all the positive comments :) I have decided to stick to EE because I feel much better in myself and I have only been doing the diet a week.
    This week I am going to cut down a little on my syns because I found that I was having them for the sake of it. (That's why slimming world is good) At class on Thur I did ask if I had to have them and was told that a lot of slimmers on EE found that they didnt need them. :wave_cry: I know everyone is different but have thay found they dont need them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.