A little disheartened...

LVP123

Hi all

I have to lose 36 lbs before 31st August so my Grandad will pay for my wedding. I thought exante was the way to go.. I lost 10lbs the first week, which is great but only water weight and today I have weighed myself (one day early as I'm on day 13) and I've only lost 2lbs. The only thing I've had other than exante shakes and water is Dr Pepper Zero! Totm isn't due although I had some mid-cycle spotting yesterday.

If I lose 2lbs a week for the next 14 weeks I will be 8lb above my target. 8lb a month is great but I was losing 2lb a week on weight watchers! I don't think 2lb a week is worth the constant hunger pains and dizziness!! I can't hack any exercise yet, just walking up 2 flights of stairs at work makes me really dizzy.

Is this likely to fluctuate or is it going to be a straight 2lb a week?

I can't see people's signatures on the android app so can't compare...

X

The average is a stone a month. You're possibly showing a slightly lower loss for this week due to your big loss last week and your body's just trying to catch up. You're still on track for a stone in your first month so keep up the hard work.
I'm just half way through my fourth week and have lost 17lbs so far, so it definitely works. :D

Second week is often a small loss for lots of people, according to signatures - for me it was my third week. I am on weigh in number 9 tomorrow and it looks like I will have lost 35lb in that time if a quick scale hop is to be believed. 36lb in 14 weeks is totally doable.

Don't be disheartened - I lost 6lbs in my first week, 2lbs in second and 5lbs in third. So 13lbs in 3 weeks...not bad!

Keep at it, and look at the losses on a monthly basis, rather than weekly.

If you give in now, there's no chance of getting your wedding paid for, what have you got to lose by keeping on trying?

I'm still keeping at it was just thinking if its going to stay at 2lb a week I may as well do weight watchers and exercise, whilst not feeling like death!! X

I too lost 10lbs in the first week and then only 2lbs in the second week, I was a bit disheartened but it but I have plodded along on ts for 18 weeks and lost 4 stone now, only 7lbs to go before target, so I am now re-feeding. It will get easier, I found after 3 weeks I had a lot more energy and could do a lot more so I would give it a couple more weeks and go from there with the exercise. good luck.

Back