a little help from some lovely people. please

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by atchonblimp21, 17 June 2010 Social URL.

1. atchonblimp21

atchonblimp21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3.5lb(30.36%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hi, my mum has thyroid problems, and is finding it extremely hard to lose weight, she really tries and gets few if any losses. It's been almost 6 months and she hasn't even got her stone sticker yet.

Problem is if she doesn't see results, she finds it harder and harder to stick with it.

Anyone else have the same problem, is there certain foods she needs to avoid that effect her badly or anything she needs to take/eat that will help.

Its taken alot for me to help encourage her and still keep me going at the same time.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. atchonblimp21

atchonblimp21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3.5lb(30.36%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    yes she is, not sure when to be honest, I think it's been a while. It's a good idea to get it checked again...will suggest it. Thanks

4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A lady at my group has an underactive thyroid and has done really well. She keeps a really close eye on her medication I think to make sure it's working as it should. She doesn't eat bread but I can't remember if that's because of her thyroid or something else. I'll ask her this week and let you know if she has any tips.:)

5. salsaqueen

salsaqueen Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have an underactive thyroid. I find if I stay off carbs I will have a better loss. Haveing said that I don't get huge losses. Just have to stick at it I guess.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.