a little help from some lovely people. please

atchonblimp21

Hi, my mum has thyroid problems, and is finding it extremely hard to lose weight, she really tries and gets few if any losses. It's been almost 6 months and she hasn't even got her stone sticker yet.

Problem is if she doesn't see results, she finds it harder and harder to stick with it.

Anyone else have the same problem, is there certain foods she needs to avoid that effect her badly or anything she needs to take/eat that will help.

Its taken alot for me to help encourage her and still keep me going at the same time.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks xx

yes she is, not sure when to be honest, I think it's been a while. It's a good idea to get it checked again...will suggest it. Thanks

A lady at my group has an underactive thyroid and has done really well. She keeps a really close eye on her medication I think to make sure it's working as it should. She doesn't eat bread but I can't remember if that's because of her thyroid or something else. I'll ask her this week and let you know if she has any tips.:)

I have an underactive thyroid. I find if I stay off carbs I will have a better loss. Haveing said that I don't get huge losses. Just have to stick at it I guess.

Back