a little help!

Afternoon everyone! I have found myself in a bit of a slump. I know what i need to do, i just can't bring myself to it. I have all the VLCD stuff at home. Tried it before and lasted 3 days and crumbled. I really want to give it a good go but my frame of mind is else where (don't ask me where, cuz i have no idea). I am looking for ideas to keep me motivated. Any suggestions? x

Sorry you're struggling to get going Kelly. For me the most important thing is to have my head in the right place before embarking on this diet. I wanted to start several times over the last year but I didn't seem to have the impetus to do so. In the end it was when a friend at work said she was going to start LL that made me decide to do it as I didn't want to be sitting next to the incredible shrinking woman and there's nothing like a bit of competition to keep you going. If you can get your head around this then come on here often and ask for help, advice, or support and it helps.

I'm now 5 weeks in and although I haven't lost quite as much as I would like to have (20.5 pounds and friend at work has lost 24 :grumble:) I can see I'm on my way to 2 stone now.

Maybe list all of the things that you don't like about your current weight and then the things that you don't like about the diet and see how that stacks up in your head? Or find a diet buddy on here or in real life to hook up with and see if a bit of competition can help?

Hi Boredersgirl! Thank you so much for your advice. I am writing that list as we speak. Like you said, my head needs to be in the right place and I think it will get there in the next few days. Well done on your loss - its an inspiration to me! I am going away fro Christmas - so that my motivation. I know it sounds silly but i'm a little scared to lose the pounds. Thanks again. x

If im totally honest my motivation is prob not recommended but is honestly what got me to do it!!

My friend and I went away for weekend. We had a huge buffet breakfast, then pub lunch, then went for a curry, then basically the same the next day and huge breakfast the next morning. I got so stuffed and Bla that I actually got fed up of eating!

Prob not the healthiest way to get motivated but remembering how awful and stuffed full of fatty food I felt makes me remember food isnt actually as amazing as I think it is most of the time!

So I suppose Im saying, stuff your face for a few days :O Oh no she didnt!!! lol

I got so stuffed and Bla that I actually got fed up of eating!

Sadly that sick of food feeling doesn't tend to last as long as you'd like it too! It'd be nice to always be able to summon that feeling back when considering a bacon sandwich ;)

Nevertheless, I think finding something that motivates you for the first week is most important. After that the visible results in the scales, inches and clothes will propel you through :)

Thanks ladies!
Well i'm on day one, and so far so good. My problem is evenings at home. Might have to start cleaning or doing puzzles. x

I just surf the net if I have a weak moment, surprising how the time goes when I'm doing that.

BordersGirl said:
I just surf the net if I have a weak moment, surprising how the time goes when I'm doing that.

Is that why you are always showing up as online ;-)

I've started having a shower after I've put the kids teas out, my weak point is between 6pm and 8pm :-s

Is that why you are always showing up as online ;-)

Possibly, as I've got a week off work and I've left the laptop on this week. :)

Well I definitely wasn't online then - I was in the shower, and I didn't have a minimins window open either so I don't know why I would show as online. :confused:

Cracked tonight and started my week off 1 meal early. Will have a shake for breakfast tomorrow to make up for it :). Had some smoked mackerel and salad. Was heaven :). Could have been worse though as OH had pizza. Wonder if I'm still in ketosis given that most of it was protein.

I should think so. I spent the past two years low carbing and staying in ketosis whilst eating all sorts of stuff :-/ Fish is nil/very low carbs and salad is probably okay unless loads of grated carrot, peppers, sweetcorn etc.

Smoked mackeral and salad sounds lovely and healthy - it's the kind of meal I definately plan to be eating when at goal! Oily fish especially as it's got so many good nutrients. As FoolsGold says, unless you went heavy-duty on the very sweet veggies you should be fine :)

Only had tomatoes and cucumber last night as that's all we had in, but on my first day off the diet I had a shake for breakfast, smoked mackerel salad for lunch but had a small piece of french bread! I know I'm going out of ketosis for my week off but should be on day 1 again next Monday. Wish me luck!

Back