A little shocked to say the least!!

Hi, hope all is good with you and your little boy....
Pregnancy is going well, but my food demons have surfaced and I'm really struggling with my weight:(. I feel like a bit of a fool as it's only me that can control it. Think this is why I have avoided posting on here for a while.... I know I should just crack on and enjoy the pregnancy (as this is our last). My food issues go way back to my child hood so not so easy to snap out of. I'm gonna try my hardest though!!! Apologies for the rant .....

Nooooo..feel free to rant away...its your thread!! I weighed in today and I have gained a total of 1.5 stone so far so feeling pretty bad about it too. Gunna go shopping today and come back with healthy food im thinking! Im glad to hear your pregnancy is all ok :)

I think mostly im struggling to say no to all the cravings for bad food which have surfaced since i stopped feeling ill and couldnt eat anything. Its typical that the cravings are always for bad food isnt it! lol

I keep trying to tell myself to just enjoy being pregnant and lose all the weight afterwards...but the more weight im putting on, it is getting me down i must admit :(

Ah well....we can only do our best at the end of the day and then we get our bundle of joy and can deal with everything else after!! lol

Nooooo..feel free to rant away...its your thread!! I weighed in today and I have gained a total of 1.5 stone so far so feeling pretty bad about it too. Gunna go shopping today and come back with healthy food im thinking! Im glad to hear your pregnancy is all ok :) I think mostly im struggling to say no to all the cravings for bad food which have surfaced since i stopped feeling ill and couldnt eat anything. Its typical that the cravings are always for bad food isnt it! lol I keep trying to tell myself to just enjoy being pregnant and lose all the weight afterwards...but the more weight im putting on, it is getting me down i must admit :( Ah well....we can only do our best at the end of the day and then we get our bundle of joy and can deal with everything else after!! lol

I've quit with the scales. I'm not eating really bad stuff like I was at the start when I felt sick all the time but I'm not counting anything. Have decided that when bubs is born I'm going to start being 'good' but not go 'on a diet' until the week after the wedding. I reckon I've probably put on about 1.5 stones too and only 2lb of that is baby!! But I can still get into all my old clothes, just not around the tummy area. So I think it's all gone on my belly.
I've done us some meal plans but that's mainly so we don't keep doing small shops and spending a fortune. One big shop and a top up of bread/milk/ fruit & veg etc will do now for the month.

I've quit with the scales. I'm not eating really bad stuff like I was at the start when I felt sick all the time but I'm not counting anything. Have decided that when bubs is born I'm going to start being 'good' but not go 'on a diet' until the week after the wedding. I reckon I've probably put on about 1.5 stones too and only 2lb of that is baby!! But I can still get into all my old clothes, just not around the tummy area. So I think it's all gone on my belly.
I've done us some meal plans but that's mainly so we don't keep doing small shops and spending a fortune. One big shop and a top up of bread/milk/ fruit & veg etc will do now for the month.

Thats a good point...i can still get into all my old clothes with no problem apart from belly too. God knows where the 1.5 stones has gone to...all on my belly i guess??!

I agree x Girls, don't get disheartened, or sad :( I know it's easier said than done...but we have all the time in the world after we give birth to worry, and even panick (if that's what you want to do) about dieting etc - but we really should be giving ourselves a break whilst pregnant.
I've wasted years worrying about my weight etc (and to be honest - never really doing much about it) and the plan was at the beginning of my pregnancy was to follow SW very strictly etc - but that's without having any idea about what food aversions were to come (basically everything!) and the nausea, sickness etc. But to be honest, I don't know if I'll get to be pregnant again (I hope I do) but I suppose you never know what's around the corner, so if this is my only pregnancy... I don't want to waste it battling with my food demons.

That said, I've been extremely lucky. I genuinely, genuinely have no idea how I've only gained what I've gained, considering my diet has not changed at all. It's still pretty poor in terms of junk food, the only thing that is different is that I eat a lot less than before I was pg - that's just purely because I get full quickly now. I will hold my hands up and say I weigh regularly as well, but that's something I have always done - even before falling pregnant...apparently I like to watch the scales go up and up and up lol

Anyway, my point is... just try not to worry or get upset about it. Weight gain is going to happen (I'm 100% sure mine will catch up) but we just have to concentrate on our little bundles. We can sort out any "damage" later on. :) Eat what you fancy eating, and don't beat yourself up about it. Guilt-free eating is the way forward :)

Our pregnancies will be over in a flash xx

I have to agree with everyone .. I know its easier said than done but you have to put your weight to the back of your mind for now .
I've struggled with issues in the past aswel so can totally relate and I know I am going to find it difficult as time goes by and I start to gain more weight but I'm trying to rely on my OH support and remember that I am growing a baby and the bottom line is I'm going to gain weight .
Like everyone else said there's plenty of time after baby is here to go on a diet and atleast well all be here together going through the same thing .
It really does help to come and vent here even more so when you've had a bad day cuz there's always someone here to pick you up and make you see sense lol
Xxx

Morning Rachael x

I hope you're ok today? :)

xxx

27+5
Hi. So sorry I didn't reply sooner to your lovely encouraging messages. I just need to crack on with this and stop stressing so much about my weight/eating habits. I have gained a fair amount through all of my pregnancies but have always lost it eventually. As of this morning I have gained exactly 2 st. Now I'm gonna try and take control and just enjoy.....
i have to pop to hospital on Thursday for my 28 week appointment. I will have an anti D injection due to being rhesus neg. this is my 1st midwife appointment since 16 weeks. Amazing how by the time your pregnant with no 5 your just left to it he he. Haven't heard heartbeat since 16 weeks so really looking forward to that..... My bump feels HUGE, but that doesn't surprise me as I'm prone to having quite big babies.....

So, went for my appointment today for my anti D and bloods only to be told that the anti D hasn't arrived even though it was ordered 8 weeks ago!! So have to do it all again tomorrow....
Anyhow, they did my blood pressure and listened to bubs heartbeat (amazing). They also measured bump and apparently I'm measuring big. The centile chart is plotted against the weight of your last baby. My last was 9lb 12oz and I'm measuring in way above that. He he looks like I'm growing another whopper.

So, went for my appointment today for my anti D and bloods only to be told that the anti D hasn't arrived even though it was ordered 8 weeks ago!! So have to do it all again tomorrow....
Anyhow, they did my blood pressure and listened to bubs heartbeat (amazing). They also measured bump and apparently I'm measuring big. The centile chart is plotted against the weight of your last baby. My last was 9lb 12oz and I'm measuring in way above that. He he looks like I'm growing another whopper.

Hehe wow! So big bubba on the cards for you then! :) Annoying about the anti-D but hopefully it's all sorted now :)

Hope you're well xx

He he, yeah looks like another whopper!! None of mine have been tiny....
Anti D was all sorted on Friday, oh the dignity of having to get my bum out to be injected. The midwife found it quite amusing when my little two year old said "eurgh" as soon as I got it out....
Had whopping cough jab today, so far so good. :)

He he, yeah looks like another whopper!! None of mine have been tiny....
Anti D was all sorted on Friday, oh the dignity of having to get my bum out to be injected. The midwife found it quite amusing when my little two year old said "eurgh" as soon as I got it out....
Had whopping cough jab today, so far so good. :)

Aww bless :) Bet you can't wait to meet your baby!

Ha ha!! Aren't littlun's the best?! :D hehe x

Aw how's your arm? I have to have mine in 4 weeks time x

Do you know what, this pregnancy has been filled with lots of ups and downs, but I can't wait to meet my lil bubs. Just want to sniff its head and take in that gorgeous new born smell... :)

Arm has been fine, no aching or feeling like its bruised. It's not a live vaccine either so hopefully no side effects....

My kids crack me up on a daily basis, although my 9 year old daughter is so over the whole having 3 younger brothers "being annoying"thing and is desperate for a little sister.... Bless her. She said she'll "cope" with another brother if she has to.... :)

Do you know what, this pregnancy has been filled with lots of ups and downs, but I can't wait to meet my lil bubs. Just want to sniff its head and take in that gorgeous new born smell... :)

Arm has been fine, no aching or feeling like its bruised. It's not a live vaccine either so hopefully no side effects....

My kids crack me up on a daily basis, although my 9 year old daughter is so over the whole having 3 younger brothers "being annoying"thing and is desperate for a little sister.... Bless her. She said she'll "cope" with another brother if she has to.... :)

I love the smell of newborns :) This is my first baby so I've never had the experience of smelling my own. :) Must be amazing x

Oh wow! 3 younger brothers!! I never had brothers - I'm the youngest of 3 girls and our family is just full of women. There's only 1 handful of boys dotted around a big family so I literally have no idea what to do with boys lol Bet your house must be fun :) x They say boys are easier don't they x

Hi Rachael x how are you getting on? :) x

Hi lovely. All is well thank you. I've been absolutely rubbish at posting on here, but have been keeping up with everyone else's threads. How are you and and your little lady doing?
32 weeks
I saw the midwife on Thursday, bubs is lying transverse at the mo. She didn't seem overly concerned as it still has a good few weeks to move around. My other 4 have always been head down at this point, it's funny as my bump is definitely a different shape to how I carried with the others, I guess this explains it!! I'm assuming my uterus is probably larger than average after having a 4 pregnancies already so I'm guessing bubs has a little more room to move around in. I'm carrying a very lively little one. Lots of movement (always awesome) followed by lots of heart burn (not so awesome).
Weight gain for me is still 2 stone, I have stayed at this for a good number of weeks now. I'm unable to eat large portions anymore, which is never a bad thing.
8 weeks until I'm due and only 9 weeks and 5 days until I will be induced if I go over. seriously wowzer :)

Hi lovely. All is well thank you. I've been absolutely rubbish at posting on here, but have been keeping up with everyone else's threads. How are you and and your little lady doing?
32 weeks
I saw the midwife on Thursday, bubs is lying transverse at the mo. She didn't seem overly concerned as it still has a good few weeks to move around. My other 4 have always been head down at this point, it's funny as my bump is definitely a different shape to how I carried with the others, I guess this explains it!! I'm assuming my uterus is probably larger than average after having a 4 pregnancies already so I'm guessing bubs has a little more room to move around in. I'm carrying a very lively little one. Lots of movement (always awesome) followed by lots of heart burn (not so awesome).
Weight gain for me is still 2 stone, I have stayed at this for a good number of weeks now. I'm unable to eat large portions anymore, which is never a bad thing.
8 weeks until I'm due and only 9 weeks and 5 days until I will be induced if I go over. seriously wowzer :)

Aww yay glad to hear all is well! :) You'll have to go on the due dates thread and put yours in! We're missing you at the moment x
Wow 32 weeks!! Only 5 weeks until you're classed as full term too ;) x Hopefully bubs moves for you soon. When's your next MW appt?

Well done you on the weight x I'm beginning to go back to small portions now - seems to have really changed over the last week or two... I can't handle a lot now, and I have to eat often - reminds me very much of the 1st tri x

All is good here hun :) 27+3 for me so, 9 and a half weeks til officially classed as full term, and 12 and a half weeks til DD! :D It's going quick now xx

I tell lies Rachael lol :) You're already on there xxx

How are you getting on Rachael? :) xx

Hope you're well hun xxx

37+2
Hi Jess apologies I haven't replied sooner, I appreciate that you keep checking in.
The last few weeks have been full of poorly children one after the other, then hubby, then me yesterday. My two year old is still suffering but hopefully over the worse.
It's so exciting seeing all these birth announcements, after Sarah it's Joey jojo then me eek!! Had midwife last week, bubs was still head down but not engaged still measuring on the top of the centile chart.. For the last two days though bubs has definitely engaged, boy oh boy am I uncomfortable. Waddling like a duck much to my kids amusement and apparently my stomach is now officially larger than grandads (I love the honesty of kids). I have to say this pregnancy has really taken it out of me. I love my little life with my ever expanding brood, but I'm EXHAUSTED..... Really looking forward to meeting this little person.
i hope you all had a lovely Christmas x

Back