A long time

ncassidy80

hey peeps - so I vanished off the face of minimins planet for a few weeks whilst i've been working through some stuff in my head.

I had 2 weeks where I was perfect and only saw 2lbs and 1 3/4lbs loss so I was absolutely gutted and thought whether this was going to work for me. I took a week off and really ate like food was going to go out of fashion. I felt lethargic, sick and ill most of the time so I decided that CD was for me and just need to persevere through the low losses and hopefully be rewarded in the long run.

So on the Monday I started again. Then on thurs I was taken in to hospital late in the evening and was supposed to be discharged after 6 hours (which would have been 4am) but kept being told doc wanted to keep me in for another hour - on and on it went....

Breakfast came round - smelling toast was mmm but I said no thanks just water (thinking I will get a shake soon as will be discharged) - nope!!

Lunch came round - it was friday so fish and chips day (such healthy meals in hospital eh!!) and again I said no and had my water.

Still hadn't been discharged when tea came round and I was so tempted to just say sod it, I'm hungry and no clue when i'm getting out of this place but I didn't I stayed on it and just drank more water.

When supper came round and more toast I was started to really lose it and spoke to the sister who couldn't believe I was still there (she had asked for my discharge at 6am before she finished her shift and had come back on and nothing had been done!!).

Finally got home at 12.30am (fri night/sat morn) and since then I have really struggled to want my shakes. I am making sure I am having them as I know I need to for nutrients but just don't have any appetite whatsoever - I don't know whether that's normal or something to do with me not eating for over 24 hours but I guess it's a better problem than wanting food all the time lol!!!

Woah - essay over!! Just wanted to say I am here again and through all that I still met my goal of wanting to be 16 stone something in May (I weighed self today as cdc is away and hit 16 13 - yay!!)

Look forward to catching up with old and new to see how everyone is getting on

Nic x

hey :) I'm doing good and weighed myself this morning at 14stone10lbs still on the training and exercising and fit into size 16's now, I have to keep reminding myself that i am not a big fat girl anymore but an averaged sized one :) men flirt and chat to me now and I feel a whole lot more confident, still have a reachable goal of about 11 stone, I thought 10stone but I don't think I want to be smaller than a size 12, I dont think I need to be a size 8 or 10 I mean who makes up the what size is best rule????

That's brilliant - well done and great that your confidence is being boosted as well :)

I know exactly what you mean about sizing - I think you know when you get to the right size - that's why I don't have a goal weight but is a size 12 - I want curves still x

I think men like curves :) Bridget Jones (renee) is a size 12 most men prefer her that way, she has a fullness to her face and it suits her wheras when she goes superskinny size 6 she looks ill, its not a good look!

I have set my goal at 11 - 10.5 stone. I am 5 ft 6 and this brings me down to a size 12 depending on where I shop.

I think also as you get older (I am 47) you need to carry a little bit to avoid the haggard look. What the point in having the body if your face looks 10 years older?

So will be quite happy to get to the "healthy weight range and stop"

Back