A lot to lose...is it impossible.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lilyloopsy, 8 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Lilyloopsy

Lilyloopsy New Member

Hi everyone, My names Lily.
    This is my first time here I have browsed the site before but was never really on any diet so just looked around.
    After a lot of thought I have decided that the cambridge plan is the one for me, I need to take food out of the equation for a bit as ww and sw just makes you focus to much on everything you eat, it just made me become obsessed.
    Ok so I am currently 21 stone and 8 lb, I go to see my counseller this afternoon I cant wait.
    I just wanted to know thought that as I have 11 stone to lose will I be able to stay on the sole source for the whole time.
    Is it impossible for me to stay on the plan for months and months?
    Thanks for any advice and well done for everyone who is losing, has lost or like me are just starting out!!
    Lily x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hello Lily
    Your cdc will get you to take a forum to the doctor as your bmi has to be under 40 , check that your doctor does not charge for this , as mine does .
    With the plan , mine tried to put me on a higher one as bmi being at that time 43 , but talk it over with her but you won't be able to start until the forum is back from your doctor

4. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    ps , go get a lily ticker to match your name ok hehe

5. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

That's right, BMI of over 40 means starting on a higher step, say, step 2. But you can lose a lot of weight on the 810 plan.

I used to weigh 20st 7lb so I understand how you feel. But I lost ten stones and only regained a little bit recently, which is steadily coming off again.

Good luck! Give it your best shot and take it one stone at a time x

6. hayley77

hayley77 Full Member

Diet:
    cd
    Hey Lilly, important 20st 8 an have started again today! Will follow u as we are in the same boat....good luck xxx

7. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Yay Lily, you got a diet buddy! All the best to both of you x

8. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am just over 21st - lost almost 3 stone now in 8/9 weeks doing SS and SS+ it does seem like a massive task but just look at girlygirl1 (well done!). We can all do this I am feeling better already.

9. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Good luck!! My start weight was 20st 5lbs. I lost a stone and a bit before I discovered CD for the first time. My bmi was over 40 so the doc had to sign off on it. He was just pleased I was doing something about it. I read somewhere in the bumph that the guidelines from the gov say you shouldnt do a low cal (400 a day SS) for more then 12 weeks. BUT if you are under supervision and you have the drive and support, why the hell not!!!!! xx

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    you can keep sole sourcing til you get to goal, it's just every thirteenth week you need to step up to 810 for one week. Then you can return to SS.

11. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have planned mine around 8 wks or 7 and have a week or weekend off (sensibly off that is), I have already had a holiday a couple of weeks ago, got a business trip to the states in 6 weeks then I think its another 8 wks until xmas. Think a break sometimes gives you a kick start, the beware part is getting back on and into Cambridge.

12. sapphirestara

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Thanks Spangle! I knew I i read something about it somewhere, but managed to misquote!! LOL I have the dumb.....worse thing about first 3 days. BRAIN ENGAGE FAIL!

13. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    My start weight was 278lbs and Ive lost nearly 4 and a half stone in just under 12 weeks.

14. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Wow chunkey that is fab! Keep going all of you, just don't lose heart even if you have a bad day or days. As long as you stick at it you will definitely get to goal and then maintain afterwards.

There is no shame in needing a bit of extra food at times - I reckon pretty much everyone does at some point! I sure did. And I got there, all the same x

15. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Is it ok in the same week to alternate between SS & stage 2, lests say SS Monday-Friday & stage 2 over the weekend?

16. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lots of people do it, but i've read CDCs on here say that it's better to do whole weeks on one or the other, because too much chopping and changing makes your ketosis less efficient, or similar.

I couldn't do SS+ (even though I technically should be on 810). As soon as i knew i could eat food i'd be in trouble. First portion sizes would creep up, then allowed foods. Then i'd sack the whole thing off and eat myself into a shame-coma.:rolleyes::D

17. sapphirestara

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I cant cheat at all this time, because it is utterly impossible to go back. Not a chance. Its SS or nothing!!!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.