A lot to lose...is it impossible.

Lilyloopsy

Hi everyone, My names Lily.
This is my first time here I have browsed the site before but was never really on any diet so just looked around.
After a lot of thought I have decided that the cambridge plan is the one for me, I need to take food out of the equation for a bit as ww and sw just makes you focus to much on everything you eat, it just made me become obsessed.
Ok so I am currently 21 stone and 8 lb, I go to see my counseller this afternoon I cant wait.
I just wanted to know thought that as I have 11 stone to lose will I be able to stay on the sole source for the whole time.
Is it impossible for me to stay on the plan for months and months?
Thanks for any advice and well done for everyone who is losing, has lost or like me are just starting out!!
Lily x x

Hello Lily
Your cdc will get you to take a forum to the doctor as your bmi has to be under 40 , check that your doctor does not charge for this , as mine does .
With the plan , mine tried to put me on a higher one as bmi being at that time 43 , but talk it over with her but you won't be able to start until the forum is back from your doctor

ps , go get a lily ticker to match your name ok hehe

That's right, BMI of over 40 means starting on a higher step, say, step 2. But you can lose a lot of weight on the 810 plan.

I used to weigh 20st 7lb so I understand how you feel. But I lost ten stones and only regained a little bit recently, which is steadily coming off again.

Good luck! Give it your best shot and take it one stone at a time x

Hey Lilly, important 20st 8 an have started again today! Will follow u as we are in the same boat....good luck xxx

Yay Lily, you got a diet buddy! All the best to both of you x

Good luck!! My start weight was 20st 5lbs. I lost a stone and a bit before I discovered CD for the first time. My bmi was over 40 so the doc had to sign off on it. He was just pleased I was doing something about it. I read somewhere in the bumph that the guidelines from the gov say you shouldnt do a low cal (400 a day SS) for more then 12 weeks. BUT if you are under supervision and you have the drive and support, why the hell not!!!!! xx

Good luck!! My start weight was 20st 5lbs. I lost a stone and a bit before I discovered CD for the first time. My bmi was over 40 so the doc had to sign off on it. He was just pleased I was doing something about it. I read somewhere in the bumph that the guidelines from the gov say you shouldnt do a low cal (400 a day SS) for more then 12 weeks. BUT if you are under supervision and you have the drive and support, why the hell not!!!!! xx
you can keep sole sourcing til you get to goal, it's just every thirteenth week you need to step up to 810 for one week. Then you can return to SS.

I have planned mine around 8 wks or 7 and have a week or weekend off (sensibly off that is), I have already had a holiday a couple of weeks ago, got a business trip to the states in 6 weeks then I think its another 8 wks until xmas. Think a break sometimes gives you a kick start, the beware part is getting back on and into Cambridge.

you can keep sole sourcing til you get to goal, it's just every thirteenth week you need to step up to 810 for one week. Then you can return to SS.

Thanks Spangle! I knew I i read something about it somewhere, but managed to misquote!! LOL I have the dumb.....worse thing about first 3 days. BRAIN ENGAGE FAIL!

My start weight was 278lbs and Ive lost nearly 4 and a half stone in just under 12 weeks.

Wow chunkey that is fab! Keep going all of you, just don't lose heart even if you have a bad day or days. As long as you stick at it you will definitely get to goal and then maintain afterwards.

There is no shame in needing a bit of extra food at times - I reckon pretty much everyone does at some point! I sure did. And I got there, all the same x

Is it ok in the same week to alternate between SS & stage 2, lests say SS Monday-Friday & stage 2 over the weekend?
Lots of people do it, but i've read CDCs on here say that it's better to do whole weeks on one or the other, because too much chopping and changing makes your ketosis less efficient, or similar.

I couldn't do SS+ (even though I technically should be on 810). As soon as i knew i could eat food i'd be in trouble. First portion sizes would creep up, then allowed foods. Then i'd sack the whole thing off and eat myself into a shame-coma.:rolleyes::D

I cant cheat at all this time, because it is utterly impossible to go back. Not a chance. Its SS or nothing!!!!!!!

Back