Step 1 Sole Source A man with a plan - 1 pair of jeans, 3 T-shirts & 1 hoodie

lee007

Hi everyone.

Well where do I start............5 years down the line from a very successful spell on lipotrim (7 stone loss) I find myself once again in the 'chunkywobbleslob' section of the BMI scale.

I can find a million different reasons / excuses how I ended up back here but the simple fact is I like nice food (especially Chinese) but after I met my new partner (I discovered being slim and toned meant that I could get a woman far hotter than ever before) and had a new baby I didn't like to put the hours in at the gym. I won't say that I didn't have time to go to the gym as I used to do 2 hours in the gym 5 times a week after my lipotrim success, the simple fact is that I think I became comfortable with my partner and let myself go and as a result going to the gym slowly got replaced by cosy nights in front of the tv with nice food and a few glasses of wine and the rest as they say is history.

Now 5 years down the down the line and with my third child on the way it's time to take control, give myself a slap on my oversized backside (currently sporting 'wide load' labels) and sort myself out.

I have tried a couple of times in the last 5 years to get back on the lipotrim but failed epically, which is surprising as I sailed through it the first time, so this time I thought I would try something new and after doing some research on the tinterweb my sausage sized fingers stumbled across the cambridge diet.

2 days later I was in the car and on my weigh <- see what I did there :) to my local cambridge consultants and after finally finding the right office (strategically located on the top floor to remind chunkers like me how unfit we are) I left with enough shakes, risottos & spag bols to see me through the first week of my new journey.

After calling at asda to buy anything that I could get a carrier bag with to place the cambridge carrier bag inside of (obviously diets are for girls so I needed to disguise the cambridge bag ready for the walk down my street) I arrived at home feeling pretty positive.

Now my plan is this..........I currently own (other than work clothes) 1 pair of jeans, 3 T-shirts & 1 hoodie that fit me comfortably, however I have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes that I treated myself to after I lost the 7st on lipotrim that no longer fit my body due to my recent upgrades of manboobs, grandma arms & elephant ass. If you put the 2 together you will see that there is a solution to be had............Therefore I am refusing to buy anymore clothes and need to either slim down in to my old clothes or risk looking like a tramp when my current clothes break under the strain of my rotund frame.

That's enough for now, I will post my week 1 diary in a 2nd post. Good luck everyone !

Last edited:
Week 1

WEEK 1

The first couple of days took some getting used to but really made me realise how much I have been over indulging with food. instead of skipping meals during the day and then sitting down with a mountain of food in front of me and a can of lager I am now having 4 little packets a day and do not feel hungry at all. That isn't to say that I don't WANT to eat more food (only yesterday I almost mugged a pensioner for a bag of chips) it just means that I know I don't NEED to eat more food because I feel satisfied, it's just mind over matter. Other than having to go to the loo every 20 mins to pee like a racehorse with a water infection the first couple of days passed with no real problems at all.

When I woke on day 4 I knew something had changed. As soon as I opened my eyes (head still under the duvet) I noticed a smell that I can only describe as being similar to the smell a donkey makes when breaking wind...........(don't worry this story is not going the way you think it is :)) I was half expecting the police to burst into the bedroom with a sniffer dog to search for the rotting corpse that they had been expecting to find (due to how foul the smell was) when I realised that the foul smell was in fact my breath, this could only mean 1 thing.......KETOSIS

Sure enough after peeing on a ketostick left over from my lipo days my suspicions were correct and I was in ketosis. When I was on lipo I felt really rough for the first few days and never really got off the sofa at all and I just lay there feeling sorry for myself and barely had any energy to move at all but soon as ketosis hit I felt amazing, no hunger, no cravings or anything. This time round was different, I sailed through the first few days of cambridge without a problem but now I was struggling.

I wasn't struggling with staying on the wagon I was struggling with getting the 4 products a day inside me, the risotto I had eaten for the last 3 days and enjoyed made me wretch and felt like I was trying to eat a bowl of wallpaper paste, the spag Bol somehow had also totally changed flavour and to me had become inedible, the only thing that seemed to taste ok-ish were the pre made shakes so after a quick visit to my consultants again (cue more sweating walking up the vast amount of stairs) I exchanged my products for just pre made shakes and managed to get through the rest of the week on them.

Weigh in day finally arrived and after 10 minutes of warm up stretches on the car park wearing my best tracksuit complete with sweat bands and my MP3 player playing 'eye of the tiger' I was ready to tackle the dreaded stairs again. 5 minutes later puffing like I had been attempting to blow up a beach ball and steam coming off my back like a cow stood in a field on a cold morning I was standing on the scales.

This was it, the moment of truth, this would decide whether I would stick the cambridge diet or fall off the wagon in spectacular fashion (I already had the number dialled in for the Chinese just in case) when the scales had finally stabilised I got my result and I had lost 13lbs !

To get me through the next week I have split my product selection between ready made shakes and some bars, hopefully it will make it easier for me to take all 4 product as I've been really struggling with getting the 4th one down. Oh and I also picked up some cambridge fibre for a little problem I've had for the last 3 days :eek:

Thats enough from me for now, good luck everyone !

Last edited:
Hey there, well done on your first week and amazing loss! I can tell I am going to love reading your diary ... And also envious of your man size losses! Good luck for week 2.

Congrats, amazing success already. You can do this! I actually found it easier to keep to bars and tetras. Nothing to prepare and no deviations - eye solely on the prize.

Hi Lee, GSOH you have , blimey fancy being on top floor , maybe the CDC wants you to lose as much as poss when you arrive lol . Like you im very limited on clothes , because i will not accept my size so i will not buy more .... im also on VLCD say a week now . Yes mental food thoughts cme and go ...its hard i know .
I guess with cambridge you have more choices this time, how do you find it from the lst Diet ? i went on that one from the chemist , very limited .
How are you getting on ?

Hi Lee, GSOH you have , blimey fancy being on top floor , maybe the CDC wants you to lose as much as poss when you arrive lol . Like you im very limited on clothes , because i will not accept my size so i will not buy more .... im also on VLCD say a week now . Yes mental food thoughts cme and go ...its hard i know .
I guess with cambridge you have more choices this time, how do you find it from the lst Diet ? i went on that one from the chemist , very limited .
How are you getting on ?

hi MsJMC
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the weight loss clinic being on the top floor is no accident, luckily there are pictures on the landing that I pretend to stand and look at while I get my breath back, by the time I'm at my goal weight I hope to be a slim and well respected art critic lol.

I found the lipo very easy the first time round after the first couple of days of hell had passed but I truly believe lipo is a one shot deal as I have tried it again a couple of times since and just couldn't stick it. With cambridge I feel far more satisfied and don't feel hungry at all which only leaves me with the voices in my head to deal with, and trust me there have been many voices (usually with a Chinese or Turkish accent) :D

Congrats, amazing success already. You can do this! I actually found it easier to keep to bars and tetras. Nothing to prepare and no deviations - eye solely on the prize.

thanks kiwichan,
if it wasn't for the tetras and the bars I really would of struggled over the last few days as I found that I couldn't shake the powdery taste that came with all the packet products. I remember looking at the picture on the spag Bol packet and thinking 'great that looks awesome' and then after making it up and looking at the bowl of baby food sat in front of me and thinking wtf who stole my pasta lol

Hey there, well done on your first week and amazing loss! I can tell I am going to love reading your diary ... And also envious of your man size losses! Good luck for week 2.

Thanks julie,
I actually found writing this and trying to put a funny spin on it very helpful...........a bit like therapy lol

hi MsJMC The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the weight loss clinic being on the top floor is no accident, luckily there are pictures on the landing that I pretend to stand and look at while I get my breath back, by the time I'm at my goal weight I hope to be a slim and well respected art critic lol. I found the lipo very easy the first time round after the first couple of days of hell had passed but I truly believe lipo is a one shot deal as I have tried it again a couple of times since and just couldn't stick it. With cambridge I feel far more satisfied and don't feel hungry at all which only leaves me with the voices in my head to deal with, and trust me there have been many voices (usually with a Chinese or Turkish accent) :D thanks kiwichan, if it wasn't for the tetras and the bars I really would of struggled over the last few days as I found that I couldn't shake the powdery taste that came with all the packet products. I remember looking at the picture on the spag Bol packet and thinking 'great that looks awesome' and then after making it up and looking at the bowl of baby food sat in front of me and thinking wtf who stole my pasta lol Thanks julie, I actually found writing this and trying to put a funny spin on it very helpful...........a bit like therapy lol

Lee, just a tip on the food packs .... I always put less water in than recommended. Eg 10-20 mls less. It makes it more like food and less like mush!

Lee, just a tip on the food packs .... I always put less water in than recommended. Eg 10-20 mls less. It makes it more like food and less like mush!

Thanks for the tip Julie

Morning Lee
Good to have humour ! I know that feeling to well stopping pretending your looking at something lol I do that half way up a hill each morning I pretend to get my phone out like im reading a text lol .
You did well to do lipotrim as its very limited , what I do I buy other vlcd too to add to my plan as it can get pretty boring if on it a while . im finding the warm weather I loss my appetite so really helps . There is so many VLCD out there now with offers on too , how do you find the cost as you will be on 4 a day . I must say Cambridge is a safe bet .
Keep going Lee , the end is in sight . I have 7 stone to lose , think once the minds into it your there ! how is it going so far mentally ?

Hello MsJMC
i too have about 7 stone to lose and have set myself a target date of August to get it finished by (this works out @ 6lb week) which I'm comfortable-ish with. Mentally I've been ok, I'm even at the stage now where I can prepare meals for the family and it doesn't bother me that I'm not eating (the mrs is more than happy with this lol) I'm not saying that I don't get the odd moment where I crave for something but it's usually just a passing moment thankfully.

with regards to the cost, it remains to be seen whether I think its worth it or not. I can normally lose between 3&5 lb a week on a cheap diet like weight watchers so for it to be worth it I'd be looking to lose 5lb plus a week otherwise I'd be as well being on weight watchers even though it would take me a bit longer.

Morning Lee
Yes this diet you really see results quick , i have had a blip gained 3 pounds back , i guess its a wasted week .
Wow by August thats great , i'd like that by August as i go away to Greece then . But i know being a woman i wont lose that , but i have to make a dent in this 7 stone .
Yes WW and SW both hard as slow loses .
Great to see you can make food and not pick ... i think i gave myself an excuse to eat when my sister said on Tuesday we can go for lunch i said no i can't but then i thought why not its easter holidays silly me really as it carried on Wed, Thurs, Fri , but it was not over eating and boy did i know about mixing the diet with food , stomach ache and other things , lol .
How is it going ? come on August lol

Hi MsJMC

sorry for for the late reply things have been manic at work.
Sorry to hear about your 'blip' at least you've drawn a line under it and are carrying on, when I've had a blip on other diets I've tended to fall off the wagon completely as I felt like I'd let myself down.............Good on you !

WEEK 2
Well ive not posted in the last couple of weeks as to be honest I didn't really feel like I had anything funny / interesting to say lol. My sense of humour seemed to leave me for a little while and I became a bit withdrawn from life in week 2. I didn't struggle with the diet as such I just felt like I couldn't be bothered to communicate with anyone. Luckily after my week 2 weigh in I had dropped 6lbs which seemed to lighten my mood a bit although I did have 1 day (Friday) that I really struggled (usually Chinese food night). I returned home from work and was shocked to see that my family were continuing with our Chinese food night without me!........now I've had time to think about it I was being totally selfish and unreasonable to expect my family not to eat Chinese food on a Friday night like we have for years just because I have allowed myself to become a chunkywobbleslob, but at the time it seemed like they had all conspired against me to make me fall off off the wagon lol. I threw my work bag in the corner of the room and stormed off to the bedroom where I remained for an hour until the mrs came up and gave me a hug and a kiss and reminded me how well I was doing. I don't know if it was her words of encouragement or the kiss that tasted of chow Mein :) But I opened up a can of 'man up juice' , stopped sulking like a big girl and put Friday behind me.

WEEK 3
this week passed without incident, sure I still miss Chinese food and to be completely honest I am a bit bored of the same packs day in and day out but now instead of craving the sort of things that I used to crave (Chinese, pizza, etc) I am now wishing I could eat a nice salad or some fruit so I guess that is progress right?!? Weigh in night arrived and to be honest I wasn't too confident of a good result so I was amazed when I stepped on the scales to see that I had lost another 6lb !

25lb down 84 to go ...........I got this people, I got this, I am on it like a car bonnet :D

Hi Lee
yes you can really lose your humour on this as we miss food but that food will only taste good for few mins then its gone into the stomach just laying there turning to lard , I used to work in a Chinese many years ago and what I saw well you would not want to eat it , and one time I went to pick up my take away from another Chinese local to me to find the chef chopping meat up with a fag in his mouth with the ash ready to drop he saw me as it was one of them doors that you can have the bottom half shut while top half open he saw me and shamed the top door shut I was well put off, im talking 20 years ago .... so think, am I missing much lol!
Amazing loses there Lee , you know 85 pounds your chipping away at it , so hard I know . made me laugh there you going upstairs while they eat lol you know my partner does that to me eats things when I say don't do that near me , but sometimes I think once im on this I become a fedder , I give people more food while im cooking ..... one min you can fly by the next you down in the gutter ....
Temptation is hard its not easy , yes you can get bored on these packs , its a means to an end , one woman on FB says shes on day 365 , what ?
I think how did she do that .
For me its getting back in the swing of vlcd as I do 2 vlcd and dinner must stop to see better results .
Strap yourself in Lee its going to be a bumpy ride but worth it lol

How come the skinnier woman in your avatar still has enormous boobies, MsJMC? :D Mine just dissolve into fried eggs as I lose weight...

Hi Lee - great progress so far! :clap: It's very tough when people around you are tucking into takeaways. It's enough to make anyone feel hard done by! But it *will* be worth it. Keep looking in the wardrobe at all those clothes you're going to be able to wear really soon!

How come the skinnier woman in your avatar still has enormous boobies, MsJMC? :D Mine just dissolve into fried eggs as I lose weight...

Hi Lee - great progress so far! :clap: It's very tough when people around you are tucking into takeaways. It's enough to make anyone feel hard done by! But it *will* be worth it. Keep looking in the wardrobe at all those clothes you're going to be able to wear really soon!

Hi Lilly , I remember you from a while ago , how are you ?
lol , yes they have made her like super woman lol
im still waiting to step out of that fat suite just like the pic lol . which vlcd are you on Lilly ?

Hi Lilly , I remember you from a while ago , how are you ?
lol , yes they have made her like super woman lol
im still waiting to step out of that fat suite just like the pic lol . which vlcd are you on Lilly ?

The image makes me faintly queasy, to be honest. :D Though I s'pose that's the idea... :8855:

I remember you too. :) I'm currently very motivated and ready to get rid of as much blubber as possible - long may that feeling last!! I was going to find me a new Cambridge consultant and have set up camp in the Cambridge Diary section, but I'm currently using a combination of products - S&S, Exante and LL (tracking all the nutrients to make sure I'm getting everything I should!). If it all starts going pear-shaped, I'll ring one of the lovely looking ladies on the website.

Are you VLCD-ing at the moment? (Sorry Lee - won't hijack your diary for long, promise!)

Hi MsJMC sorry for for the late reply things have been manic at work. Sorry to hear about your 'blip' at least you've drawn a line under it and are carrying on, when I've had a blip on other diets I've tended to fall off the wagon completely as I felt like I'd let myself down.............Good on you ! WEEK 2 Well ive not posted in the last couple of weeks as to be honest I didn't really feel like I had anything funny / interesting to say lol. My sense of humour seemed to leave me for a little while and I became a bit withdrawn from life in week 2. I didn't struggle with the diet as such I just felt like I couldn't be bothered to communicate with anyone. Luckily after my week 2 weigh in I had dropped 6lbs which seemed to lighten my mood a bit although I did have 1 day (Friday) that I really struggled (usually Chinese food night). I returned home from work and was shocked to see that my family were continuing with our Chinese food night without me!........now I've had time to think about it I was being totally selfish and unreasonable to expect my family not to eat Chinese food on a Friday night like we have for years just because I have allowed myself to become a chunkywobbleslob, but at the time it seemed like they had all conspired against me to make me fall off off the wagon lol. I threw my work bag in the corner of the room and stormed off to the bedroom where I remained for an hour until the mrs came up and gave me a hug and a kiss and reminded me how well I was doing. I don't know if it was her words of encouragement or the kiss that tasted of chow Mein :) But I opened up a can of 'man up juice' , stopped sulking like a big girl and put Friday behind me. WEEK 3 this week passed without incident, sure I still miss Chinese food and to be completely honest I am a bit bored of the same packs day in and day out but now instead of craving the sort of things that I used to crave (Chinese, pizza, etc) I am now wishing I could eat a nice salad or some fruit so I guess that is progress right?!? Weigh in night arrived and to be honest I wasn't too confident of a good result so I was amazed when I stepped on the scales to see that I had lost another 6lb ! 25lb down 84 to go ...........I got this people, I got this, I am on it like a car bonnet :D

Your first 3 weeks souls much like mine. This last week, I've not been hungry, I've had plenty of energy, but I am absolutely horrible and on the verge of a complete nervous breakdown when I'm not patting myself on the back for the 18lbs I've lost:0). Anybody crosses me I just cut them in half!!!! -and I'd class myself as a very nice, empathetic person normally.

The sole reason I am wound up this week is that there is a completely harmless woman in my team at work who when you are eating will walk over to your desk, lean over, stare at what you're eating at a distance of about 2 cm and say, "ooooh, what you got today then". I am driving in to work in the morning anticipating this and have taken to actually hiding while I consume my thimble of spaghetti Bolognese. I am hiding from her that I'm dieting because I can't bear the Spanish Inquisition that would come with her knowing. .......she hasn't done it......I just know in my Cambridge Diet warped head that she will and she's driving me bananas without even doing anything! I just know she would if she knew. Am I crazy!!!! Ha ha.

Anyway, I hope that I stop being completely irrational soon, preferably before I've given my Director a dead arm and thrown tea at the bigoted old fool who sits opposite me.

Oh and I live opposite a Chinese Takeaway:0l

weeks 4&5

Hi guys,
its been a while since you've had an update from me so thought I would pop in an update my diary.

Week 4 saw me filled with energy and enthusiasm for the plan, each day passed without incident and for the first time It didn't feel like my life was revolving around cambridge. I was starting to get a bit annoyed that no one seemed to notice that I was over 2 stone down but when I think about it rationally when you are 8 stone over weight who's ever gonna notice 2 stone right? Anyway weigh in day arrived and I jumped on the scales expecting my usual 6lb loss and was surprised to see that I had dropped 8lb in a week......awesome !

Week 5 arrived and from my first day back in work it was as if my partner had called my employer and told everyone to say I looked like I'd lost weight! My coworkers, my boss and my suppliers all told me that it looked like I'd lost weight and asked me if I was on a diet! This gave me a well needed confidence boost and helped me get through an otherwise blah week. This week for some reason I have been feeling really ill and bloated constantly and every time I passed a mirror I was convinced that I looked bigger than before I even started the plan so when weigh in day arrived I wasn't expecting a particularly good week so I was amazed when I jumped on the scales at the clinic and I had lost another 8lb !!!!!

The 8lb loss meant that I had passed my first goal of getting below 20 stone and I have achieved this in 5 weeks and have lost 41lb in total !!!

Good luck everyone, if I can do it anyone can

Your first 3 weeks souls much like mine. This last week, I've not been hungry, I've had plenty of energy, but I am absolutely horrible and on the verge of a complete nervous breakdown when I'm not patting myself on the back for the 18lbs I've lost:0). Anybody crosses me I just cut them in half!!!! -and I'd class myself as a very nice, empathetic person normally.

The sole reason I am wound up this week is that there is a completely harmless woman in my team at work who when you are eating will walk over to your desk, lean over, stare at what you're eating at a distance of about 2 cm and say, "ooooh, what you got today then". I am driving in to work in the morning anticipating this and have taken to actually hiding while I consume my thimble of spaghetti Bolognese. I am hiding from her that I'm dieting because I can't bear the Spanish Inquisition that would come with her knowing. .......she hasn't done it......I just know in my Cambridge Diet warped head that she will and she's driving me bananas without even doing anything! I just know she would if she knew. Am I crazy!!!! Ha ha.

Anyway, I hope that I stop being completely irrational soon, preferably before I've given my Director a dead arm and thrown tea at the bigoted old fool who sits opposite me.

Oh and I live opposite a Chinese Takeaway:0l

Hi skinny bunny,

yeah a vlcd will do that for you lol. I was surprised how much food affected my moods, obviously eating whatever we want makes us happy..........take it away from us and we will cut your heart out and stamp on it in front of you lol..........I had a pretty similar issue at my place of work as I didn't tell anyone I was on cambridge. this meant that I was either hiding in my office or nipping out in the car to have my shakes / bars. This continued for 5 weeks until people started to notice that I had lost weight, then I kinda thought that it was obvious to them that I was on a plan so there was no longer any point in hiding it.

Keep up the good work Hun x

Back