A new dawn, a new day, a new diary.

Thanks guys :D

I've had quite a bad week again as i've been feeling rather unwell (again), but I'm on the mend again I hope! But not feeling well has meant not really eating properly or just eating the wrong stuff. Also been having a lot of sugary lozenges for my throat etc which aren't particularly good. I had a gain at WI tonight, which was deserved really, so I won't complain.

I've decided to stop meal planning atm as I mostly ignore it anyway, oops! Instead i'm going to set myself some mini goals for the week which I think might get me thinking more about what i'm putting in my mouth. Also feeling a bit happier today as I found some rabbits at a rescue centre that i've fallen in love with. So as soon as I have my new hutch and run ready I will have them home with me :)

Goals

1. No more than 10 syns in any day (except Saturday)
2. Eat at least 2 pieces of fruit as a snack each day
3. Go back to EE insteand of green plan for the week, at least 4/7 days

Today's food

Breakfast: mushroom and spinach omelette
Lunch: mcdonalds large fries and a large hot chocolate (oops)
Dinner: quorn chilli with rice and 0% yogurt
Snacks: pear, special k chewy delight bar (hexB)
Drinks: 2 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
Syns: 30?

I forgot how sick I get in December! I've spent most of this month in bed :( I'm not much better yet but I did have a 3lb loss at WI last Wednesday despite going out for an eight course taster meal. This week i've been all over the place as I've been throwing up and generally feeling awful so my food has not been good when I am eating.

I haven't been shopping for myself for ages, my mum did her best for me, bless her, but I haven't got snacks like I would normally keep such as yogurts and cereal bars and normally I have an idea of what i'll be making the week ahead when I do shop so I haven't really got anything to make proper meals with, but i'll do my best. Also making food when you're sick is HARD! I have no energy normally but being sick on top of my normal lethargy is so much worse, even making up a mug shot is too much like hard work lol! Looking forward to these SW ready meals as it might make life a bit easier!

Monday

x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB) with baked beans and a banana
quorn turkey fillet, fry light roast potatoes, roast carrots, parsnips and stock
apple
pepper rice (3 syns)
Diet cherry coke
2.5 litres water with nas squash

Last edited:
Managing to keep food down now and have my appetite back again, I must be on the mend because my cat is play attacking me again, he's been far too loving lately which is out of character for him :p

I was was going to have omelette when I woke up but the third egg I cracked into the bowl was not looking good, so since I'd already fried the mushrooms I grilled some halloumi to go with the instead. Pity coz I really fancied an omelette. I think dinner will be the same as yesterday because I really can't be bothered to think up any meal ideas and all I have do is steam my veg in the microwave, season and then put them in the oven, easiest roast dinner ever. Don't know what ill have as my B choice today as I think we're out of bread and I'm not sure we have anything else. Maybe a packet of seeds somewhere?

I might have a cheeky hot chocolate tonight with a marshmallow in it! I haven't had marshmallows in almost 20 years but I ordered some vegetarian ones last night as a Christmas treat! Or I might save it for after weigh in tomorrow night because I really want a loss... We'll see if I can resist the urge to eat them lol.

tuesday

meal1: loads of grilled mushrooms, halloumi (hexA) and Mexican rice (4 Syns)
meal 2: roast carrots, parsnips, potatoes and butternut squash, stock and a quorn turkey fillet
snacks: banana, Apple, x2 toast from 400g (hexB) with honey (2 syns), 2 vegan marshmallows (2 syns?)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 150ml diet cherry coke
total syns: 8 syns

Ended up finding two slices of bread in the back of the cupboard so toasted those and had a tiny bit of honey on each bit, really yummy and got rid of my sweet craving.

Last edited:
Ooh I'm so mad since I really felt like I'd lost but I'd gained 2lb :mad: Consultant said people always think they're going to lose when they're throwing up but in reality you're body does its best to conserve, so I guess thats the reason? Idk.

Anyway, been very good all day but I may go slightly over syns this evening as i'm going to have a hot chocolate with some special vegan orange chocolate flakes I got and a vegan marshmallow :D I've had a sweet craving all day so I think it'll do me some good!

Wednesday

meal 1: pasta with passata, garlic, courgettes and mushrooms and 30g cheddar (hexA 1)
meal 2: sw pizza dough (11 syns), 30g cheddar (hexA 2), courgette, mushrooms and onions, tomato paste, sw chips, lettuce and cucumber
snacks: banana, Apple, satsuma, alpen bar (hexB 1)
drinks: ss milk (7ish syns), chocolate flakes (? Syns) and a marshmallow (1 syn), 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml diet cherry coke

Having a really really really hungry day today! I made enough dinner so that I could have some for lunch tomorrow but ended up eating it already - oops! Also made the SW mince pies from the christmas recipes book. Couldn't quite stretch out the pastry enough to make 32 as they did (even using the right size cutter!) so I managed to make 21, just. Had to really roll the last mince pie out really thin! So they're more syns than the ones in the book but hopefully still less syns than their counterparts. However they are actually really really nice and moreish. I think i'll be making the star cookies out of the book as well soon since they look lovely. I'm also planning on some gingerbread cookies and some salted caramel chocolate muffins (okay these ones aren't low fat at all but yummy nonetheless :D)!

I'm finally feeling LOADS better too which helps, and providing it doesn't snow I should get my new rabbit hutch and run delivered Tuesday! So I probably won't have my little buns home in time for Christmas but before the new year hits hopefully!

Thursday

Meal 1: x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB 1) with 30g cheddar (hexA 1) and syn free onion chutney
Meal 2: Spaghetti with quorn bolognese (courgette, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, herbs and passata)
Snacks: banana, apple, x 2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), x3 marshmallows (3 syns), more spaghetti and quorn bolognese, 2 sw mince pies (8ish syns?
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA 2) with 1 tbsp chocolate flakes (3ish syns?)

Okay, back on the wagon (again)! I'm still awfully sick. Every time I get over something I get sick again, the perils of having a weakened immune system :( But, since it looks like i'm going to be sick for the foreseeable future, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and give myself a kick up the bum :asskick: and just get on with the weight loss.

Had a pretty good christmas, but I did eat far far far too many chocolates and all idea of eating well went out of the window. I guesstimated I gained 10lbs but just weighed in and it was 11lbs :sign0007: Which is pretty darn bad, but i'm trying not to feel too down about it as I knew I wasn't making any effort and it's totally deserved. But back on plan now, gonna try this new SP thang out and see how that fares.

Goals for this week:
Definitely going to write out a meal plan for the week to help me stay on plan as much as possible
2. Lose 3lbs
3. Log on here every day and write down my food diary

Areas that might trip me up and how i'll combat them:
Going out for afternoon tea on Sunday - i'll limit my syns on friday and saturday to make up for it
2. I have a play to write and a fairly close deadline and I tend t stress eat - do my best to keep some healthy snacks around and no unhealthy ones
3. Still sick so might struggle to cook - let other people cook for me and stop trying to be in charge all the time

Feeling awful today but managed to do an green day with success. Was originally panning on an EESP day but got to dinner time and had no p that went with my dinner so just made it green instead. I made a nice roasted red pepper soup in the slow cooker that I've been snacking on whenever I'm hungry which has kept me full most of the day.

breakfast: mushroom and spinach omelette, hifi bar (hexB 1)
lunch: soup, apple
dinner: quorn mince, rice, mushrooms, onions and sugar snap peas
snacks: hifi bar (hexB 2), x3 pears, Special K bar (4.5 syns), soup
drinks: 4 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)

Thank you. Gladd to know I'm not the only one, if you know what I mean lol.

Have run out of most veggies and most basic stuff like canned stuff so struggling to think up things to eat and probably won't get a chance to get anything until Sunday, so attempting to make the best of it. today has been okay except for no super free with dinner, but I ate a pear before hand to try and counteract it a bit.

friday

breakfast: hifi bar (HexB 2)
lunch: rice, mushrooms, onions and sugarsnap peas
dinner: pear, scrambled eggs, veggie bacon (3 Syns), x2 toast (hexB 1), brown sauce (1 syn)
snacks: pear, orange, Special K bar (4.5 syns), 0% yogurt
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml milk (hexA)with 3 tsp Cadbury drinking chocolate (3.5 syns)

Me too! I swear I get through so many mushrooms a week I should own stock shares in them :rolleyes: and fruit too.

Managed to stock up today so I might try mon-weds as EESP days as I now have plenty of protein. My mum has booked us an afternoon tea tomorrow because she feels bad for me being so sick. I think it's less of a traditional afternoon tea and more of a choose a baguette, scones and a drink thing. It should be lovely but I wish I'd limited my syns a bit today to make up for tomorrow! I also just realised I went over by 1 syn, completely forgot I ate sausages for brekkie but that's not too bad really.

saturday

brunch: half a grapefruit with Splenda, baked beans, x2 poached eggs, x2 toast from 400g (hexB 1), grilled tomatoes and x2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
dinner: sw chips, 45g reduced fat halloumi (hexA), baby courgettes, x2 large flat grilled mushrooms, red peppers, garlic
snacks: pear, Apple, hifi bar (hexB 2), x4 cookies (14 syns)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 500ml sugar free Hawaiian punch

I had a lovely afternoon tea yesterday: hot chocolate, scone with clotted cream, jam and butter (I gave the butter to my mum) and a cheese and tomato baguette with salad and coleslaw. Really yummy but definitely over syns. The rest of the day was okayish, not brilliant, as I ended up having a sweet craving in the evening and had some cookies thinking I hadn't had any syns yet completely forgetting I went out and ate them oops :sigh: and now I realised I also had sausages and ketchup so well over! I think I'll just have to call it a bad day and move on.

sunday

brunch: x2 bread from 400g (hexB 1), cucumber and quorn pieces
afternoon tea: cheese (hexA) and tomato baguette with coleslaw and salad, scone, jam and clotted cream, hot chocolate
late dinner: x2 toast (hexB 2), 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), ketchup and mustard (2syns)
snacks: pear, Apple, x4 cookies (14 syns)

Today is turning out to be a really stressful day. I've had to make lots of phone calls and trying to do uni work but my cat is being a mischief today and won't let me get on. I'm have lots of aches and pains today too which is getting to me. I'm also feeling really snacky today so I was going to limit my syns to make up for yesterday but if I do that I think I'll end up having a bad day. So my plan is forget yesterday was wildly over syns and treat today like a normal green day, syns included. Hopefully I'll manage to get a substantial amount of work done today as its weighing so heavily on me :(

monday

breakfast: Special K chewy delight bar (hexB 1), pear, 0% cherry shape yogurt
lunch: rice, mushrooms, onion, quorn mince and sugarsnap peas stir fried with soy sauce
dinner: spaghetti with quorn bolognese and 30g cheddar (hexA)
snacks: Apple, orange, Special K bar (hexB 2),

Ty, that's what I did :) final year of English language and literature, can't wait to be done now!

Yesterday I made potato and leek soup in the slow cooker, I was not impressed. It turned out really bland even though I added tonnes more seasoning, I'm thinking maybe it's became I usually brown off the leeks first so they're more flavourful, idk. I'll leave leek and potato soup for the hob and try something different next time. I'm thinking cheesy broccoli soup next.

tuesday

breakfast: Apple, Special K bar (hexB)
lunch: leftover quorn bolognese and spaghetti
dinner: potato and leek soup then roasted peppers, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and
45g reduced fat halloumi (hexA) and sw chips
snacks: chocolate bar (8 syns), popcorn (6.5 Syns), banana, pear, 0% yogurt, grapes
drinks: 3 liters water with nas squash

wednesday

brunch: half pink grapefruit with Splenda, 45g halloumi (hexA), roasted veg, omelette
dinner: antipasti platter
snacks: Apple, orange, Special K bar (hexB), 5 mini chocolate (5 syns)

Last edited:
WI was realllly good tonight. I lost 5lbs, which i'm super stoked about. I need to get back to what I was before christmas! This week i'm gonna try and be on plan 100%, the only thing i'm worried about is Tuesday as i'm having my wisdom teeth out, so i'll probably try and get some soup prepped the night before in the slow cooker, or just buy a lower cal soup to live off for a few days.

Dinner did not go to plan tonight, mum didn't want to stay to WI and since I had no petrol I didn't either, and we ended up getting some antipasti stuff for dinner instead. It was really tasty but probably a fair few syns.

Well done on the loss!
excellent!
ooooh wisdom teeth out:eek: this would be me....:cry:lol

soup....bane of my life lol, haven't managed to make a decent one yet!:D....still perseverance is the key:D

Thanks. I'm actually looking forward to it! Weird I know but I've been in pain for over a year with it so just to be able to chew properly again will be amazing lol.

Keep meaning to try EESP but I always make my breakfast and forget. I think I like my carbs too much as well...

Thursday

lunch: baked beans, scrambled eggs, x2 low fat quorn sausages, x2 toast (hexB), tomatoes, mushrooms and brown sauce (1 syn)
dinner: baked potato, cottage cheese, rocket, tomato, onion, cucumber and pepper salad with balsamic glaze (1 syn)
snacks: clementine, special k bar (hexB 2), orange, special k bar (4.5 syns), apple, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns), grapes, 0% yogurt
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk (hexA)
total syns: 13.5 syns

Last edited:
Back